Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old July 31st, 2004, 05:20 PM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Default New Old Song - Wishing It Were I...

Hi all! Hope you're having a nice weekend. Well, I finally got the first of my secular songs done on the PC. Phew, I wrote this back in 1973 for someone very special (who happened to like to borrow my beautiful Aria guitar), and I finally got it composed in notation software.

I used to play everything on guitar with synth and drums backup, but all my callouses are long gone so I couldn't figure out a way to play these anymore. Along comes Soft Synths and voila! Now I can do it at last. This is my first completely computer generated song, everything else I've done I play live into a multitrack recorder. Hope it sounds okay.

The lyrics are embedded in the mp3 file, in case you know how to set your media player for Lyrics View. If not, just click on the song then click just below it where it says "Lyrics" on my website and read along.

Please note it's kinda big (3MB), so hope you've got DSL or similar. Please feel free to post any comments, I will be happy to make any changes you my friends suggest .

Here it is (just click on "Wishing It Were I" on the right side of my web page):

http://www.muffitland.com/Songs.htm

P.S. I hope to do the other songs listed below it as well, hopefully one a week...

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2004, 09:03 AM   #2
amberstar
Strike Leader

Beautiful Music Muffit! I couldn't see the words, but the music was really nice!
Old August 1st, 2004, 10:30 AM   #3
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Amberstar! I know it's hard to find the lyrics in the various media players, so I also put them on my site, just below the song link:

Wishing It Were I
Lover's Quarrel
Fine China
Lions and Unicorns

Lyrics <----------------

Anywho, thanks so much!!!
Old August 2nd, 2004, 07:44 PM   #4
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffit
Hi all! Hope you're having a nice weekend. Well, I finally got the first of my secular songs done on the PC. Phew, I wrote this back in 1973 for someone very special (who happened to like to borrow my beautiful Aria guitar), and I finally got it composed in notation software.

I used to play everything on guitar with synth and drums backup, but all my callouses are long gone so I couldn't figure out a way to play these anymore. Along comes Soft Synths and voila! Now I can do it at last. This is my first completely computer generated song, everything else I've done I play live into a multitrack recorder. Hope it sounds okay.

The lyrics are embedded in the mp3 file, in case you know how to set your media player for Lyrics View. If not, just click on the song then click just below it where it says "Lyrics" on my website and read along.

Please note it's kinda big (3MB), so hope you've got DSL or similar. Please feel free to post any comments, I will be happy to make any changes you my friends suggest .

Here it is (just click on "Wishing It Were I" on the right side of my web page):

http://www.muffitland.com/Songs.htm

P.S. I hope to do the other songs listed below it as well, hopefully one a week...

I could see the lyrics but not hear the songs. THe lyrics are beautiful
Muffit ............................ .............Like you ................
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2004, 08:31 PM   #5
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Thanks Shiningstar!

Sorry you can't hear it.. hmm, you just need any kind of mp3 player on your system and it should play when you click "Wishing It Were I" or the following two song choices. Hmm...

Thanks so much for visiting!!
Affectionately,
Muffit

Old August 3rd, 2004, 08:03 AM   #6
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

TY Muffit .........I love the lyrics ...........touched my heart
Old August 3rd, 2004, 11:16 AM   #7
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

You're so sweet Shiningstar . P.S. I'm gonna fix my site today so you can hear the tunes - I woke up at 2:30AM last night and figured out a way...
Affectionately,
Muffit
Old August 3rd, 2004, 11:24 AM   #8
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Thank you dear Muffit