Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 10th, 2003, 12:35 PM   #1
jjrakman

Default Skiffy is censoring Negative Reviews

Many people are experienceing their negative, yuet non-infamatory reviews, being censored at the Skiffy BSG BBOARD. Talk about your censoring experiences.
Old December 10th, 2003, 12:39 PM   #2
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default JJ

I am censored, even the harmless ones to Muffit took four attempts, go figure? My attemps to reply to TheTwoBrainCylon drive me up the wall.
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 12:40 PM   #3
jeditemple
Bad Email Address

I'm not shocked. Bonnie Hammerstein has finally summoned her goons from the "Ministry of Disinformation" to deal with the situation. We all know who controls those boards.
jeditemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 12:46 PM   #4
larocque6689
Warrior

Contact bboard@www.scifi.com - include a copy of your post and DEMAND to know what rules you broke for them to not post your review. This must be done for EVERY post you make for that board. So make a backup of each post and monitor the board if it does not show up. If it doesn't, make sure you find out why.

If you don't do this, the forces for censorship wins.
The forces of censorship may still win, but at least you made them work for their efforts to silence you.

Dealing with the clones and the trolls is half the problem. The other half is the board itself.

Fight back!
Old December 10th, 2003, 12:54 PM   #5
Spectre

Quote:
Originally posted by jeditemple
I'm not shocked. Bonnie Hammerstein has finally summoned her goons from the "Ministry of Disinformation" to deal with the situation. We all know who controls those boards.
I'm sad that any good scifi is going to be beaten to death just because of some "disappointed" people.

Last edited by Spectre; December 10th, 2003 at 01:05 PM..
Old December 10th, 2003, 12:59 PM   #6
jjrakman

Cool it down Spectre, refrain from starting flames with other members.
Old December 10th, 2003, 01:04 PM   #7
Spectre

Quote:
Originally posted by jjrakman
Cool it down Spectre, refrain from starting flames with other members.
Grrr...ok.

GIVE IT A CHANCE !!!!
Old December 10th, 2003, 01:04 PM   #8
dah66
Warrior

My comments never made it (and they were polite). The board is pointless.
dah66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 01:05 PM   #9
larocque6689
Warrior

Spectre

I don't give a rats a$$ what people think about the miniseries. But if their posts are not going through, I think an explanation is an order.

When posts like Gundar's "MAY TOS R.I.P....ONCE AND FOR ALL... " are put up but reviews of the miniseries from people who have ACTUALLY WATCHED IT are not posted, I think there is something wrong.

They need to explain what the rules are, and they need to enforce them evenly. As far as I can tell, there is no consistency in the way that board is moderated.

I place little credence with the conspiracy theorists, but I do think they are unevenly applying their own standards at that board. They need to explain why the posts were deleted to those who posted them. I am urging each and every victim of scifi censorship to attempt to contact them over the matter and find out why.

"Dear moderator - this is a copy of a post that I made to your Battlestar Galactica board. For some reason it was not posted by your moderators. Could you please tell me which rules I violated because I've looked at it and see what I have written which would have warranted it being passed over. I would appreciate a prompt response. A Scifi User."

This campaign needs to be directed not against "Bonnie Hammer" (I treat this as a code-word for all the gripes against Sciffy). This needs to be done specifically the Scify board moderators. If they are going to have us use their board than they better d@mn well tell us why we can't post there.

Every post that doesn't make it through the wall of censorship needs to reach the moderator's hands with a demand for an explanation.
Old December 10th, 2003, 01:10 PM   #10
Spectre

I just want people to realize that even though we don't ALWAYS get what we want, we may just get what we need. If rabid scifi fans do nothing but tear apart ANY effort to re-kindle a franchise, the networks will give up on scifi completely.

Trust me on this...you think Ted Turner gives one hot damn about "geeky" space stuff ??? No way.

Fans who hate something before they see it poison the publics perception of an otherwise good thing. This series, minus the controversy of past politics, has an honest chance to become a good show.

Don't ruin it for those of us who like it.

Thats all I'm trying to say.

-Sean