Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old July 19th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #1
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default Exploding Viper in launch tube*

It's only a few frames and is part of another scene unrelated to the launch tube.

This is from Fire in Space when the explosives on the hull of the Galactica detonate blowing a hole in the hull and thus putting out the fire. It also makes it into The Living Legend (part one) where the Raider flies into the landing bay and explodes.

I always doubted this existed but there it is living colour.

* Thanks to Joe Atari at Resin Illuminati for finding this
Old July 27th, 2008, 12:49 PM   #2
Athene
Galactica's Princess

Default Re: Exploding Viper in launch tube*

WOW! Those are AWESOME! Thanks! for posting that.

Battlestar Earth admin
Galactica's Princess admin
Battlestar Galactica Club Board Theme/Avatar Keeper
Athene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Lt Donovan
Shuttle Pilot

Are you sure that's not from the ep with Starbuck's father? He fired a Vipers' lasers into the launch tube to take out the Borellian Nomen.
Lt Donovan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 08:23 AM   #4
KJ
Strike Leader

Feh.

I made a post like this over a year ago, and even told people where to go looking for it in "Mission Galactica". Cos originally the exploding viper in the launch tubes was meant to be seen in "Lost Planet Of The Gods" when of the viper pilots passes out from that episode's illness which struck the majority of blue squadron except for Apollo and Starbuck!

Now i may not have put up pictures to it directly, but none the less this was already common knowledge to those who would've read MY thread over a year ago?

Seems Joe Atari got there second not first, give real credit where its due since i've already stated this from a long time ago.

KJ
Old August 5th, 2008, 09:36 AM   #5
Daidalos
Bad Email Address

Which episode is this in?
Daidalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2008, 09:47 AM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

None!

It was always meant to be in 'Lost Planet Of The Gods' and was rumored to be in the telemovie extended version for years, but that wasn't the case either. Its been in fandom for years and was beleived cos it made perfect sense since the viper pilots were fighting off the effects of their recent illness in the two part episode.

One viper crashed while two others passed out in their vipers. Meaning 3 ships couldn't join the "Battle of Kobol".

The clip which lasts merely 2 second or so quickly flashes up in Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack when the Galactica launches her Vipers on Gamoray. but according to this thread, its confirmed to pop up elsewhere's too.

It, like alot of other hearsay over the years about the series was one of the things fans figured existed, but couldn't actually be confirmed without any info, pictures and whatnot etc. But apparently some fragments did exist all along and are seen in the edited Mission Galactica movie and other sources. considring how brief the clip is its no wonder it was missed though?

Hope that helps, since you asked! more than happy to share tih you what i saw when looking at MG:TCA when i had the pause and slow-mo buttons on while going over the old VHS tape of it?!?

KJ