Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 14th, 2003, 06:53 AM   #1
Orrin_73
Shuttle Pilot

Default The mini's soundtrack

was the worst soundtrack of a sci-fi tv/movie I listened. What was this middle-eastern music in space, I could not make anything of it. It just does not fit in. Im of middle-eastern descent myself but the choice of this music was bad. Why couldn't they make a decent orchastrated music like the original. It brings the entire mini down, it was already very down. RDM said that there would be no sound in space but there was sound in space and he was talkin about realistic sci-fi, if this was realistic space show how would he explain the faster then light mode of these ships, everybody knows that it is inpossible to go faster then light.
Orrin_73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2003, 01:38 PM   #2
Oenone
Bad Email Address

I thought the soundtrack during the show was very appropriate in places. It's a shame they didnt use the origonal theme during the intro / end credits.

I don't think the ship travels faster than light. They use instant point to point travel or "Zero Temporal Transit" hence the reason for the pods to be retracted. The larger the object the more energy is required to jump. So from that point of view the physics are accurate.
Oenone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2003, 06:27 PM   #3
dec5
Warrior

Default I liked it...

It was new age but sounded ancient at the same time.
The middle eastern sound brought out the humanity in the scenes.....it just gave the whole remake a different feel.

I would buy the ST for sure.....

Last edited by dec5; December 18th, 2003 at 12:26 AM..
dec5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2003, 11:42 AM   #4
The Ninth Lord

Was it new? It sounded to me like they used the Dune soundtrack.