Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 9th, 2003, 02:01 PM   #31
Dean Martin
Warrior

This is what I read about the ending from the producer:

High off of the picture's record-breaking $68.5 million opening, Snyder laughs heartily at the question. "Actually, you're not supposed to be able to (explain it)," he reveals. "If the truth be known, it wasn't really supposed to make sense. It was just supposed to go 'whoa,' make you think. Now is he in another world, did he go back in time, did he get forward in time?"

"The reality is there's no firm answer to that," he advises. "It's whatever you want it to be."

"Everybody keeps looking for (the answer), but you've got to remember you just watched a movie about talking monkeys in outer space," he explains. "Don't look for too much logic, you know." He laughs again.

Maybe the inevitable sequel will clear things up, but Snyder says that one hasn't been given the go ahead just yet. "But I hope somebody's writing it as we speak," he offers. "This looks like a franchise," adding that Burton and the cast are "ecstatic."
Dean Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2003, 02:22 PM   #32
Dean Martin
Warrior

I guess it could make sense that Wahlberg traveled backward even though his instruments said forward and after he left they eventually let Thade out and he became their hero and they somehow duplicate Earth from the records on the Oberon computer and that becomes Earth's history instead of Man dominating. I can see it. It explains why Thade would be Lincoln but it is a big leap to go from them not liking him to letting him out and becoming a hero.
Dean Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 10:48 AM   #33
Trevor Angelus
Warrior

That was basicly what I was trying to say in my post.

LOVE YOUR AVATAR DEAN!

Well I didn't mean to sound condesnding, in fact NO ONE I knew figured it out until I explained it to them and they were like "Oh Yeah that makes sense."

It is just that most people consider me clueless and yet no one got that ending except me. LOL

I believe the producers when they said the ending wasn't supposed to make sense. Because even if my theory is sound. Why would Thade be Abe Lincoln.