Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old June 20th, 2008, 01:07 AM   #1
Sarika
Strike Leader

Default Re: New Topic. Religion and Mythology in the Battlestar Galactica universe.

Here is something perhaps many of you have already read, but it may lend some view further more or re-inforce what the Colonials believed according to the story of BSG.

Larson once remarked in Science Fantasy Film Classics (October 1978):

Adam's Ark was sort of about the origins of mankind in the universe, taking some of the biblical stories and moving them off into space as if by the time we get them to Earth, they're really not about things that happened here, but things that might have happened someplace else in space. It was influenced by Von Däniken's Chariots of the Gods and some of those things... Adam's Ark helped bring a focus into what my concept had been. Ultimately, Battlestar Galactica is my original idea refined down to where I now have fixed on what my point of view is on how all humans throughout the galaxy probably evolved from some mother colony.

In a conversation with Apollo, Commander Adama suggested that Count Iblis and the light entities are members of an advanced civilization. He speculated that they could in some way have been responsible for the original founding of Kobol.

Adama: The ancient ones, the Lords who first settled our Kobol, spoke of visitations from what they in their primitive way referred to as angels.
Apollo: Angels...
Adama: Think of them as custodians of the universe, advanced beings, very highly advanced, whose mandate it is to make certain that their powers are never abused by any one of their own kind.
Apollo: And they're watching him [Iblis], meaning he's one of them.
Adama: Or was.

I feel the colonials believed in higher beings indeed. And above all, a greater being or positive power that governs the entire universe as they knew it.
A Universal Infinity that dwells in all living things.
They would have believed they were the children of thier concept of that Infinite Whisper, or One God.
And thier ancient scriptures would no doubt teach that they too could evolve into higher beings themselves along the path of Spiritual Maturity or perhaps re-incarnation.
Certainly they believed in eternity, and that they are each an eternal Spirit.

The Last Piscon Siress

HSH Princess Sarika Her Highness' MySpace
Sarika is offline   Reply With Quote