Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 6th, 2003, 08:13 AM   #1
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default Some of the Artwork

...That Helped Galactica come to life...

https://www.ralphmcquarrie.com/galart/index.html

Mind you, this should have been considered required reading for MooreRon when he was doing his Homework before writing the Holy Script. But then again, he didn't do much Homework on Galactica before he vandalized it.

Makes you wonder how the Savior Ron ever graduated from School so he could go on to become the Savior of the Holy Trek, and then go on to recieve the Holy Script as it beamed in from God Himself.

Well, we can see What BATTLESTAR GALACTICA should look like, not only from the TOS, but from Ralph's work as well.

My FAVORITE one is the Bridge, with the panoramic viewscreen/starchart.

I've blown that one up and it's now my Wallpaper...

Last edited by LordStarFyre; April 6th, 2003 at 08:16 AM..
LordStarFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2003, 09:45 AM   #2
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

A great site. I'd like to see some CGI recreations of the more earlier viper and raider designs.

His poster concept is interesting. No Egyptian style hemets and futurised flight suits. Maybe Ron Dumbass Moore did look a the site!

Regards,

Peter
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2003, 10:26 AM   #3
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Default Humm...

I guess we are on the same wavelength again LSF.
Becasue I'd posted this in another thread last month...
Quote:
Originally posted by Hito @ 20th March 2003 11:33 AM
Wow
I had never seen this Bridge design!

I'd take this over a sub bridge anyday

I never liked the early McQuarrie ship designs, but i love the alien environments and set ideas he had.

If i were remaking Galactice i'd create virtual sets like these.

https://www.3dgladiators.com/forums/s...5&pagenumber=2

Quote:
Originally posted by peter noble
A great site. I'd like to see some CGI recreations of the more earlier viper and raider designs.

His poster concept is interesting. No Egyptian style hemets and futurised flight suits. Maybe Ron Dumbass Moore did look a the site!

Regards,

Peter
Davin Kerin has made 3d models of the MCQ vipers, galactica and base star
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2003, 03:28 PM   #4
une
Shuttle Pilot

That is a kick ass bridge design. Kinda makes me think of the war room presented in Dr. Strangelove.

Don't like the environments though, but the Cylon designs are really neat. Alot more robotic than what was on the show. I always hated the Cylons cause they looked more like people in suits of armor than robots to me.
une is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2003, 03:50 PM   #5
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by une
That is a kick ass bridge design. Kinda makes me think of the war room presented in Dr. Strangelove.

Don't like the environments though, but the Cylon designs are really neat. Alot more robotic than what was on the show. I always hated the Cylons cause they looked more like people in suits of armor than robots to me.
They were supposed to be people in suits.
Lizards in suits actually.

They figured it might be too much for the kiddies tho so they made them Robots.

I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today -- my own government....
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~

I can hear God saying to America: “You are too arrogant! If you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power!"
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~
Old April 7th, 2003, 05:03 PM   #6
une
Shuttle Pilot

Ah. So the Cylons were originally supposed to be lizards, and not robots created by lizards?
une is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2003, 06:23 PM   #7
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Reptiles in fancy armor yeah.
Or cyborg lizards if u believe the novel tie-ins

They were really sort of a take off on the Daleks from the british series Doctor who.
Down to the one eye and menacing mechanical voice.