Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 21st, 2003, 04:17 PM   #1
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default Were's Sandy?

Go figure, things start getting exciting, and he's on a business trip...

Sandy, chime in, you've been missed...
LordStarFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2003, 04:18 PM   #2
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default oops WHERE'S

Uggggggggggggggggggggg
Old March 21st, 2003, 05:09 PM   #3
the3rdhuman
Bad Email Address

Default Lord (and anyone else listening)

Last week at this time I was celebrating with a few wobbley pops the good news brought to us by Michael. Tonight the world just plain sucks. I wanted Galactica back REALLY bad but now I have little hope. They even took away Opie and Anthony back in August and that really hurt too.

Oh Lord (real Lord, not neccessarily LordStarFyre) give me strength!
the3rdhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2003, 07:09 PM   #4
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default What's the Latest?

Just got back but on the run for the next couple of days. I've got nearly 1000 e-mails to dive through and have to sort them according to priority and note who I care to get back with and which ones I need to shred.

BSG hasn't been the biggest thing on my mind this week, given we're at war and all and given my friends are on the line out there.

I'll sort through everything and jump back in the conversation when I can. I did a brief scan of Milty's board and was disgusted by the few posts I saw. I figured I'll leave that and most of this board until Monday.

Someone can save me a lot of leg work by explaining why the Neos went from wanting to set storefronts on fire to dancing victory parades and why everyone here is so down. I just flew in and took the wife to dinner so things are a bit uncertain on my end at the moment.

Two-Brain
TwoBrainedCylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2003, 07:20 PM   #5
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

TwoBrainedCylon,

Check the posts from Michael, pages 2 & 3 of the thread.

http://www.3dgladiators.com/forums/s...5&pagenumber=3

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2003, 08:11 PM   #6
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Hopefully Sandy will be able to sort some of the information/disinformation in due time. His contacts are different than mine, but equally important and very knowledgeable.

Remember: We're dealing with a potential power grab here. Some people are not going to play fair. I mentioned the upcoming mudslinging this week and what happens? Check other bboards for examples. In all honesty, I'm just sharing what I see (pro or con). Some on other bboards call it "half truths and lies." I'd call it truths; it's news which I'm privvy to and confirmed from more than one source, which to me, adds more validity than a rumor from just one source. Bear in mind, it's never the full story. After all, I'm not sitting at those meetings, hearing all of the phone calls or discussions.

But there are definitely some folks who don't want us to hear the truth of what's happening. Otherwise, they'd be making more announcements, clearer communications with fans, talking publicly with more confidence and not worrying about recent developments. After all, we're not the ones who have to retool/resubmit our script when we're supposed to be deciding this weekend whether or not we're staying onboard with reduced responsibilites or exiting altogether instead of making this last ditch effort. (Was this paragraph aimed at anyone in particular? You be the judge.)

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2003, 04:39 AM   #7
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Good to have you back Sandy, hope all went well
S
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2003, 05:14 AM   #8
Ravishol
Bad Email Address

Hey Sandman, nice to see you still here. When you speak to your friends in the service please tell them that our thoughts and prayers are with them. A lot of the engineers I work with designed avionics for the military and the only topic of conversation is our troops.

Hey, Michael

Thanks once again for all you do.

Please pass along a huge thanks to those fighting behind the scenes at UV for our show. In times like these we need writers/producers who have respect for our military and know how to write about honorable people.

Still keepin' the faith!

Ravishol
Ravishol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2003, 10:41 AM   #9
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default Welcome Back Sandy!!!

Glad you're back!
Old March 22nd, 2003, 12:40 PM   #10
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Welcome Back Two-Brain

Paul
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2003, 12:42 PM   #11
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Thanks for the Welcome and for the Prayers for our soldiers

Everyone, thanks for the welcome back. Ravishol, thanks for the prayers. Those mean more than you know, especially when you're out there. I hope expelling Saddam and the Ba'ath party can be done with minimal loss of life on both sides.

I also hope nobody else compares the conflict to a disagreement about a TV show.

I'll let you guys know some definite details when I get them, although given today's events, I may just e-mail them all to you personally, one by one.

Two-Brain
Old March 22nd, 2003, 12:51 PM   #12
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Please do
S
Old March 22nd, 2003, 01:03 PM   #13
Cosmic Cleric

Default Re: Thanks for the Welcome and for the Prayers for our soldiers

Quote:
Originally posted by TwoBrainedCylon
I'll let you guys know some definite details when I get them, although given today's events, I may just e-mail them all to you personally, one by one.

Two-Brain
How about us lurkers/part-timers? :confused:
Old March 22nd, 2003, 01:33 PM   #14
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Sorry to the Lurkers

Being a former Lurker myself I sympathize but every time I've posted anything other than "Ron Moore is a God King", I get attacked, both on and off the boards. This doesn't inspire me to help the Neos in any way and my desire to meet them halfway on anything is completely gone. I'm actually debating whether or not to hit them where it will hurt the most but, unfortunately, probably won't do it as it involves some conduct I wouldn't normally condone. David and Ron have slipped into some pretty unsavory acts but I've told others that pointing at someone's bad conduct is never an excuse for your own. I'm about 70% sure I'll keep that attitude but the other 30% sure tells me to go for it.

I'm frankly tired of the snot-nosed little punks. For any Neos who might be lurking here, you're welcome to quote me.

Two-Brain
Old March 22nd, 2003, 01:36 PM   #15
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Sandy
What is a neo?
S:confused:
Old March 22nd, 2003, 01:55 PM   #16
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

My definition would be a Ron Moore Script fanatic fighting to ensure that everything happenning in the new production has Ron Moore's name on it and comes directly from his draft script.

Others may have different definitions but that pretty well describes the group I'm talking about.

Two-Brain
Old March 22nd, 2003, 01:59 PM   #17
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Maybe I should go over there and stir up willie LOL but I don't know where it is
S
Old March 24th, 2003, 09:48 AM   #18
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default I didn't learn much

Seems that the folks I know are as confused as the fans. Lots of strange stuff getting bantered about. Nothing I can confirm so I can't clarify anything. Most agree that this week should help settle which rope gets tugged which way. One thing I'm still sure of is that the fans are pretty well out of being considered at this point. It sounds like a lot of focus on "who" came up with various concepts rather than "what" would be best for the show and franchise.

Hopefully by the end of next week everything will be released.

One curious note about the Sci-Fi channel trailer with the orginal Cylon. They used that because the production team refused to give them any information about the new show and the ad folks HAD to come up with something. Its not indicative of anything other than a couple of guys having to do an advertisement without any references.

Two-Brain
Old March 24th, 2003, 09:52 AM   #19
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default Well, that makes sense Sandy

How can you use a glowing spine and a handjob in a TV ad...