Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 12th, 2004, 01:09 PM   #1
Antelope

Default TOS Actor Update

Since so many of us are new to the Galactica website world how about an update on where each of the actors from TOS are today and what they have been up to over the last 23 years from those of you that know. Sadly I know we lost Lorne Greene (Adama) and John Calicos (Baltar). Richard Hatch is the most open book on this site. I saw a little about Tony Shwartz (sp? Jolly). I see a word here and there about DirK Benedict but his life to me after A-team is a virtual unknown. I saw Anne Lockhardt in Buck Rodgers but never again. I saw a rumor (or joke) that the lady who played Athena has all but disappeared. Noah Hathaway (Boxie) must be in his 30s now.

Those of you in the know, let us know!

Thanks!
Old March 12th, 2004, 02:47 PM   #2
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Here's what I know:

Do you know how tempting it is to leave this space blank?

Richard Hatch you know about. He helped organize Galacticon.

Dirk Benedict, after A-Team, went on to write books and raise his kids, among other things. Tracy is much more knowledgable, being his webmistress and all (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com). He was at Galacticon.

Maren Jensen (Athena) did, indeed, drop out of sight a few years after BSG. Regretable, and one always hopes she decides to reappear.

Rick Springfield (Zac) - well, you know about him, too. Singer, actor....

Laurette Spang is married to soap actor John McCook. She was at Galacticon.

Noah Hathaway builds custom motorcycles in Florida. He was at Galacticon.

Tony Schwartz, I hear, does some behind-the-camera work now. I don't think he was at Galacticon. Jewels?

And, yes, we lost both Lorne Greene and John Colicos. Johnathan Harris, too (he was the voice of Lucifer). Very sad.

I probably know more but have to go back to work now.

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2004, 03:19 PM   #3
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Antelope, I'm glad you think you have a handle on Richard, he's up to so many things he makes me dizzy!

Patrick Macnee is still around, a little feeble, but definitely only in body and not in mind or voice. (Iblis and the narrator on the intro)

Terry Carter lives with his wife in Scandinavia (he'll say they live on planes between the U.S. and there though, if you ask him!), he's a documentary film producer/director and has done some wonderful work for PBS including a bit on Duke Ellington that I think won a regional Emmy. He's on a bunch of boards and councils for various things too. Complete and total gentleman if ever there was one!

Tony was not at Galacticon.

Dirk did some movies and theatre, Alaska is the only movie I've gotten to see: completely different role than Face or Starbuck. He directed his own screenplay "Cahoots" which Anne was a co-producer on & Jean Pierre Dorleac (BSG's costume designer) did the costumes for. That film's producer's were negotiating with Showtime, last I heard, to see about broadcasting it.

Herb I know the least about, only that he does Cons and will be in Chicago. He's active in promoting support of military personnel in some regard--I didn't get to talk to him.

Noah was planning on opening up in Florida, I've not heard if he has or not, it sounded like it was a long-term project. (His wife is just stunning and they have I think 2 kids)

Anne Lockhart is a widow with 2 kids and very active as a voice-over artist, West Wing and Disney's Holes movies are recent credits. Total sweetheart.

Laurette was a stay-at-home mom for her kids, now nearly grown, that's why you've not heard much from her. She was at Galacticon, will be in Chicago. Super-sweet person.

Sarah Rush (Rigel) is acting and has even pulled together her own documentary. She looks better than she did as Rigel and reminds you of a younger Sally Field. Another total sweetheart (and a fellow adoptive mom, so she's extra special in my totally biased book. And she's going to Chicago

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2004, 04:30 PM   #4
Antelope

What role was Anne in Holes? I watched that movie and had no clue she was in there. I don't usually read the credits unless I'm looking for something.

What is/was Richard Hatch doing outside of Battlestar and War of Magellan these past 23 years? There is a lot written about him but it all seems to relate to Battlestar, as if he has no life outside of it. I am sure there must be more. You sound like he is busy with all kinds of projects. That may make a huge difference in how a person may view him if all you know is what you read on the Battlestar sites.

I always wondered why Herb didn't become a bigger star. Is there a story there. He seemed very handsome and a great supporting actor. It was almost like he didn't quite get that right break. I hope that's all.

I thought Lucifer was great in TOS. I loved his sarcastic comments and voice. I am sad to hear that actor passed away.
Old March 12th, 2004, 04:36 PM   #5
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Dirk I believe lives on his own ranch. Montana I think. Montana is where he is from originally.

Richard is living out here in LA. Got a small place, but is happy. He does alot of BG related stuff. Conventions, books. He has a couple of computers and loves videogames.

Sarah Rush last I heard had her house catch fire in those devastating California fires. So while she was entertaining us at Galacticon, her house went up in flames. I haven't heard anything since.

Anne Lockahart is still incredibly cute. Her voiceovers include alot of cartoon work.

I'm not the greatest expert on where they are now, but I hope that helps.

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2004, 05:45 PM   #6
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
Dirk I believe lives on his own ranch. Montana I think. Montana is where he is from originally.
Tom -

I'm trying to remember this without looking it up, but if I recall correctly, Dirk was from a place called White Sulphur Springs, Montana - it is such a unique name, that's probably why it stuck with me. Tracy can probably correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know if that is exactly where in Montana that Dirk lives now. I really need to get his second book, I enjoyed "Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy" very much, but with both books out of print, they really are hard to find.

Bryan
________
HOT BOX VAPE
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2004, 06:28 PM   #7
Rowan
On Vacation...

DIRK BENEDICT

Born:March 1, 1945. Helena, Montana (Dirk Niewoehner).

Height:5'11"

Eyes:Blue-green

Hair: Dark blond

Sports &
Hobbies:Flying, Jogging, tennis, fishing, skiing, basketball, horseback riding, cooking, writing songs, poems, screenplays.

Education:High School - White Sulphur Springs, Montana.
A good athlete and a straight A student, class president, honour student.

College - Whitman College, Walla, Walla, Washington
Music major turned to drama: B.A. Degree

Dirk continued his schooling at a professional acting school at Meadowbrook Theater, north of Detroit, for 2 years

Dirk grew up in White Sulphur Springs, Montana. His father was a lawyer; and he spent much of his childhood outdoors.

He played in regional theatre, and appeared on Broadway in "Butterflies are Free," where he met Gloria Swanson
His first movie was "Georgia, Georgia," co-starring Diana Sands, and he made his first TV appearance as a guest star on "Hawaii Five-O."
His first TV series was "Chopper One," which aired in 1974, then he got the part of Lieutenant Starbuck on "Battlestar Galactica" in 1978. In 1983 came "The A-Team." Dirk is a licensed pilot and has his own plane, he lists his interests as including organic foods (he became a vegetarian in 1971, due to health problems), Far Eastern religion, and 'balancing professional fulfillment with quiet, nature-oriented contentment.' It was in 1975 that he was diagnosed with a prostate tumor and went on a strict macrobiotic diet.He has written two Books about his life and philosophy. In 1986 he married his live-in girlfriend, actress Toni Hudson. They had two sons together, George and Roland. They were recently divorced, and Toni has remarried. Dirk lives in Montana with his two sons.
If you want to get info on everything hes done in his life with regards to film, tv etc then go to this web page https://www.chaelyndra.com/dirk/data/bio.html
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2004, 07:00 PM   #8
Rowan
On Vacation...

"Anne Lockhart is one of the few actresses who can look back a hundred years to trace her theatrical roots. Born in New York to one of the theatre's leading families, Anne is the fourth generation of performers to carry the Lockhart name. She follows great-grandfather John Coates Lockhart, grandparents Gene and Kathleen Lockhart and her mother June Lockhart, best known for her years on the series Lassie and Lost in Space.

Anne starred in ABC's short-lived but much-remembered SF series Battlestar Galactica, and her portrayal of Lieutenant Sheba is often regarded as a ground-breaking role for women in television. More recently, Anne starred as defense attorney Stacy Pardchek in Kung Fu: The Legend Continues.

The Sci-Fi/Fantasy/Horror genre has always had a special appeal to Anne, and her extensive work in films and television bear out her interest. At the age of eighteen, Anne played daughter to Joan Crawford in Ms. Crawford's last film appearance, The Sixth Sense. Her other television appearances include Project UFO, The Incredible Hulk, Buck Rogers In The 25th Century, Voyagers, Knight Rider, Automan, The Highwayman, Freddie's Nightmares, Quantum Leap and the telefilm Bionic Ever After. Anne's film credits include the cult favorite Troll, The Dark Tower, Deadly Serpent and the upcoming release Bug Busters with Randy Quaid.

A little known aspect of Anne's busy career is that she is constantly in demand as one of Hollywood's top dubbing actresses. Anne has lent her voice to such feature film projects as The Fifth Element, Gattaca, Starship Troopers, Back to the Future I and II, Predator II, The Rocketeer, Project X, Spaceballs, Demolition Man, Total Recall and the classic E.T. Her most recent Sci-Fi television project was NBC's Brave New World. Her feature animation credits include Space Jam, The Little Mermaid and Who Framed Roger Rabbit as well as the upcoming Dreamworks features Antz and Prince Of Egypt. Anne was a regular on the series Spiderman And His Amazing Friends and also did additional work on Thundarr The Barbarian and Goldie Gold.

An expert horsewoman, Anne has won championship in cutting, reining, team penning and barrel racing. Her love of horses and dedication to helping children led her to become one of the founders of Pro-Celebrity Rodeos. Anne is especially proud that these events have raised over five million dollars for children's charities since they began in 1983.

Anne makes her home in Southern California and has two children: a son, Zane, born in 1991 and a daughter, Carly, born in 1987. "

if you want info on her career then try this web page
https://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...personid-10771

Old March 12th, 2004, 07:19 PM   #9
Rowan
On Vacation...

"Maren Jensen was born in Glendale, California, on September 23, and has blue eyes and brown hair 5' 7" (1.70 m). The actress majored in theatre arts during three years at UCLA. She appeared in several college productions, but admits, "I did absolutely nothing professional, not even the California equivalent of off-off-off-Broadway." She did,

however, begin a successful modeling career which included Cosmopolitan and Seventeen magazine covers. When a mutual friend introduced her to agent Barbara Gale, she was surprised by the agent's obvious enthusiasm. She was even more surprised when Ms. Gale started sending her on calls that resulted in two network commercials and a guest shot on "The Hardy Boys Mysteries." But even more startling, she recalls, was being signed for a stellar role in "BATTLESTAR GALACTICA." "It's been an incredible learning experience," she says. "No matter what you think you're learned in school, when you face a camera -- a real camera -- for the first time, it's different. There's no way to teach what I've absorbed simply playing scenes with people like Lorne Greene and Ray Milland." Ms. Jensen comes from a "totally non-theatrical" family. Her father is a physician and her mother is a membership secretary with the Los Angeles Zoo. Ms. Jensen is single -- and plans to keep it that way for at least a while -- as her career moves rapidly forward. Her hobbies are "almost all musical," including singing and playing piano.

Trivia

Maren Jensen was a top fashion model before appearing on Battlestar Galactica. She writes music, plays piano and rollar skates in her spare
time.
Attended UCLA.
She worked as a waitress, pizza maker, usherette and computer operator before becoming an actress.
Maren Jensen's middle name Kawehilani, means "the morning mist from heaven" in Hawaiian. Her father is a doctor of Danish descent and her mother is hawaiian with distant English and French strains.
She is a middle child with a brother, Dana, who is five years older and
a sister, Kathleen who is seven years younger than her.
She dated Eagles lead man Don Henley for a while back in the early 80s and was featured in his video for the song "Not Enough Love in the World" in 1985. She also sang backup vocals on his song, "Johnny Can't Read.""

for more info on Maren
https://userpage.fu-berlin.de/~cimen/...nsen/start.htm
Old March 12th, 2004, 07:25 PM   #10
tracyb144

Dirk Benedict
Born: Helena, MT
Raised: White Sulphur Springs, MT
Residing now: Somewhere in Montana

Well as of yesterday when I talked to him, Dirk is doing fine, living up there in Montana and raising his kids.
He's in the process of trying to get the rights reverted back to him for "Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy", which Penguin/Putnam dropped last month, so he can hand them over to a new publisher. He's hoping the book will be back in print by end of this year.
As far as "And Then We Went Fishing", it's out of print, but an audio version is in progress. More when details develop....

He's getting ready to head out to Seattle for the "Raining Hollywood" con next weekend:
https://www.geocities.com/raininghollywood

And he's just sent a little note of support ( yesterday ) to the Colonial Fan Force Effort which Commander Taggert's posted here:
https://www.colonialfanforce.com/Pages/feedback.htm

Breaking news I always bring to the boards and the newsletter page at Dirk Benedict Central:
https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com/newsletters.html

Any other questions???

Tracy
Old March 12th, 2004, 07:32 PM   #11
Rowan
On Vacation...

"Jane Seymour Actress. Born Joyce Penelope Wilhemina Frankenberg on February 15, 1951 in Wimbledon, England. Seymour is best known for her performances in made-for-television dramas. Seymour earned considerable popular acclaim for her portrayal of Dr. Michaela Quinn, a Boston physician who moves to the post-Civil War frontier, on the hit CBS series Dr. Quinn: Medicine Woman.

Seymour, the eldest of three daughters, was raised on the outskirts of London. Her father, John Frankenberg, was a Polish obstetrician and her mother, Mieke, a former Red Cross nurse. Her first love was ballet and she trained rigorously toward a career in that field. She made her professional debut at the age of 13 with the London Festival Ballet. She then entered the Arts Educational Trust to receive additional instruction. Three years later, after a performance with the Kirov Ballet, Seymour suffered knee injuries that effectively ended her dancing career.

She turned to the theater, renaming herself after King Henry VIII’s third wife, the only survivor of her husband’s penchant for beheading his brides. At the age of 20, she was cast in the James Bond film Live and Let Die as Solitaire, the prototypical 007 ingénue. The performance earned her continual television and film work, much of it mainstream fare, including appearances on episodic programs such as McCloud and Battlestar Galactica. Her performance in the 1976 miniseries Captains and the Kings earned her an Emmy nomination and established her reputation as “Queen of the Miniseries”.

When it premiered in 1993, Dr. Quinn was largely dismissed by critics as too hokey for American viewers.
next>

However, the show attracted 22 million viewers at its peak, and led its Saturday-night time slot. Dr. Quinn ran for six seasons and, following the show’s cancellation, Seymour reprised her role in several made-for-television movies.

Seymour has teamed up with current husband James Keach for several projects, including a production company called Catfish Productions. The two have also authored a series of children’s books. In the spring of 2002, Seymour debuted her own clothing line, the Jane Seymour Signature Collection. Later that year, Seymour signed a deal to develop and sell an exclusive home products and children's clothing line to Saks Fifth Avenue.

Seymour married Michael Attenborough, son of famed British director Sir Richard Attenborough, when she was 20. The marriage was short lived, and in 1977, Seymour married again, this time to businessman Geoffrey Planer. After a year, the couple divorced. In 1981, Seymour wed her then-business manager, David Flynn. The marriage produced two children, Katie and Sean, but the couple divorced in 1992. Seymour met actor-director Keach, in 1992. The two wed in May of 1993. Seymour gave birth to twins in 1996, bringing the family total to six (including stepson Kalen Keach and stepdaughter Jenny Flynn). The family owns residences in Malibu, California and Bath, England. "

Old March 12th, 2004, 07:36 PM   #12
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas7g
Sarah Rush last I heard had her house catch fire in those devastating California fires. So while she was entertaining us at Galacticon, her house went up in flames. I haven't heard anything since.
The house Sarah and her husband lost was their "retirement" house, somewhere out by Lake Arrowhead. they still have their home closer into the city. They had just finished remodeling and furnishing what burned though, so that was a bit hard, I think.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

Old March 12th, 2004, 07:45 PM   #13
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini1999
Tom -

I'm trying to remember this without looking it up, but if I recall correctly, Dirk was from a place called White Sulphur Springs, Montana - it is such a unique name, that's probably why it stuck with me. Tracy can probably correct me if I'm wrong. I don't know if that is exactly where in Montana that Dirk lives now. I really need to get his second book, I enjoyed "Confessions of a Kamikaze Cowboy" very much, but with both books out of print, they really are hard to find.

Bryan
Bryan, contact Tracy and get on her list for the audio version of the Fishing book. It's too excellent a book to miss and the prices the seconhand stores are charging....YEEEEE! when it first went out of print I found one for $20-25 (it was $10 originally), I last saw one for $90 on alibris or bookfinders.com . Could not believe it. $90 for a paperback.

Old March 12th, 2004, 07:46 PM   #14
Rowan
On Vacation...

Jack Stauffer "For the past thirty-five years Jack's career has encompassed the entire spectrum of the entertainment industry. From his starring roles as 'Bojay' in Battlestar Galactica and 'Chuck Tyler' in All My Children, to pilots for his own series on three other occasions, guest appearances on more than 60 different prime time series, mini-series, and television movies, numerous stage productions, and over 250 commercials, Jack personifies the model of the versatile actor.

In 2000 Jack left his home in Southern California and moved to the Monterey Peninsula. There, he quickly established himself as both an actor and a director. Over the past three years he has starred in productions for most of the area theatres. As a director, he was at the helm of “Lend Me A Tenor”, “Black Comedy”, and “Over The River And Through The Woods”. These productions, garnering smash reviews and hailed by more than one newspaper as being among the best comedies ever presented on the Monterey Peninsula, completely sold out and had to be extended. In 2004 he is slated to direct the British farce "Don't Dress For Dinner" and the musical "Messugah-nuns.

Also a versatile nightclub entertainer, Jack has performed at conventions all over the country. His cabaret, “How Come I Never Got The Girl?” features songs from musicals he has starred in wrapped around humorous anecdotes from his many years in the business."

you can read a resume of his that details everything he's done at this web site fun towatch the cylon coming right at you...

https://www.jackstaufferbojay.com
Old March 12th, 2004, 08:23 PM   #15
Rowan
On Vacation...

"Laurette Spang-McCook(Cassiopeia)
Laurette Spang is known by many as ‘Cassiopeia', the beloved Socialator of Battlestar Galactica. How did this beautiful and talented woman come to be a performer?

Born in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Laurette made her own break. At age 16, visiting the set of her favorite show, Dark Shadows, she realized that this was the place she belonged, and asked to g onto the set. Here she made the acquaintance of Katherine Leigh Scott, starting a friendship which was instrumental to Laurette becoming an actress. Kathryn encouraged Laurette to pursue her studies in acting, and helped her get an audition for the Williamstown Summer Theatre. There, she appeared in many small roles, including Rosencrantz and Gildenstern are Dead.

After attending The American Academy of Dramatic Arts in NYC on scholarship, she co-starred in an off Broadway production of Jimmy Shine. This brought her to the attention of Dustin Hoffman, the Broadway production star, and landed her a 7 year contract with Universal Studios, California.

During her years at Universal, Laurette learned the television trade with such projects as Marcus Welby, Emergency, Adam 12, Happy Days, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, and Charlie’s Angels. Her movie appearances included roles in A Short Walk to Daylight, and Winesburg, Ohio.

Later, as a free agent, she turned in notable performances in such shows as Streets of San Francisco, Project UFO, Man from Atlantis, Isis, Making Babies, and Colorado C.I.

Then the big screen called--and space. Laurette was offered the role of ‘Cassiopeia’ in Battlestar Galactica. Although the part was only a guest starring role in the pilot film, ABC wanted Laurette to be a regular for the series. She went against her agent’s advice to pursue more profitable projects, believing that the show would be incredibly popular, and have a strong second season. Sadly, this was not to be.

Galactica did help Laurette gain a great deal of exposure, however, with numerous interviews, appearances, and talk shows. Laurette co-hosted ‘AM Los Angeles’ with Regis Philbin, and did many appearances on ‘Hollywood Squares’.

Laurette reunited with Lorne Greene in Aloha Paradise, where he played her father. She recalls laughingly how she had to remember not to call him ‘Commander!’

She met her husband, John McCook, as co-stars in Tourist. From there was a romantic honeymoon, and a whirlwind culmination of appearances in The Day the Bubble Burst, Magnum P.I., Three’s Company and The Dukes of Hazzard, before facing her longest running role to date--raising her children, Jake, Rebecca, and Molly. Laurette has also become a noted community activist, campaigning for child safety and missing children. She organized a support group and rally for a childhood friend Robbie Deboer after the return of their adoptive daughter, and held another rally in DC. She is also a member of the National Resources Defense Council, an organization dedicated to protecting endangered ecosystems. Laurette is currently enjoying the peace and serenity of the Sierras as she completes her first novel. "

Old March 13th, 2004, 11:21 AM   #16
Antelope

WOW, that was some great info. Special thanks to the work of Gaelen! Anything out their on the gentleman who played Boomer?
Old March 13th, 2004, 01:10 PM   #17
Rowan
On Vacation...

Herbert Jefferson, Jr. is known to many as Lieutenant Boomer from “Battlestar Galactica”, Jefferson was a series co-star in “Rich Man, Poor Man” with Nick Nolte, as well as its sequel, “Rich Man, Poor Man, Book II”, the revolutionary war mini-series “The Bastard”, “Yellow Rose” with Sam Elliott and Cybill Shephard and “The Devlin Connection” with Rock Hudson and Jack Scalia.

Jefferson has also guest starred in over 100 episodes of series TV, including “ER”, “Sister Sister”, “Hill Street Blues”, “Police Story”, “Airwolf”, “T.J. Hooker”, “Quincy”, “The Streets of San Francisco”, “White Shadow”, “Knight Rider”, “McCloud” and “Mission Impossible”. His most recent TV appearance was in the recurring role of Police Chief Price on the NBC soap opera “SunsetBeach”. His many feature film credits include “Apollo 13”, “Outbreak”, “Detroit 9000”, “Black Gun”, “The Slams”, “One Dozen” and Roger Corman’s “Private Duty Nurses”, which marked his feature film debut.

Jefferson’s extensive theatre credits include two Pulitzer Prize winning plays, “The Great White Hope” and “No Place To Be Somebody”. He was directed by Mike Nichols in the David Rabe play “Streamers”, which went on to win Best New American Play of the Year by the New York Drama Critics.

Although currently a resident of Southern California, Born: September 28, 1946, Sandersville, Georgia, Jefferson grew up in Jersey City, New Jersey where he attended high school and college. He is a New York trained actorstudying at the Herbert Berghof Studio, the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg and an alumnus of New York’s AmericanAcademy of Dramatic Arts. He has appeared in productions on Broadway, off-Broadway and off-off Broadway, including several plays at Joseph Papp’s New York Shakespeare Festival/Public Theatre.

Trivia

Graduated with honors from New York's AmericanAcademy of Dramatic Arts [1969]

Herbert Jefferson Jr. is involved in community and charity activities including the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys For Tots Program, USO, California Paralyzed Veterans Association and California Special Olympics.

Has one daughter, Rebecca

https://www.what-a-character.com/cgi-bin/display.cgi?id=982799172

https://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quadrant/1308/

very hard to find info on him!
Old March 13th, 2004, 05:58 PM   #18
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg
Here's what I know:

Do you know how tempting it is to leave this space blank?

Richard Hatch you know about. He helped organize Galacticon.

Dirk Benedict, after A-Team, went on to write books and raise his kids, among other things. Tracy is much more knowledgable, being his webmistress and all (https://www.dirkbenedictcentral.com). He was at Galacticon.

Maren Jensen (Athena) did, indeed, drop out of sight a few years after BSG. Regretable, and one always hopes she decides to reappear.

Rick Springfield (Zac) - well, you know about him, too. Singer, actor....

Laurette Spang is married to soap actor John McCook. She was at Galacticon.

Noah Hathaway builds custom motorcycles in Florida. He was at Galacticon.

Tony Schwartz, I hear, does some behind-the-camera work now. I don't think he was at Galacticon. Jewels?

And, yes, we lost both Lorne Greene and John Colicos. Johnathan Harris, too (he was the voice of Lucifer). Very sad.

I probably know more but have to go back to work now.

I am
Dawg
Dawg thank you for posting that link for Dirk Benedicts site.

I hope Tony Schwartz is doing well I do know he is married with one child
and a chat or was it an interview was posted on one of the sights.

I was saddened at the loss of Jonathan Harris. It will never be the
same Lucifer without him. (Of course I miss Lorne Greene and John Colicos as well )
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2004, 06:01 PM   #19
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelen
Herbert Jefferson, Jr. is known to many as Lieutenant Boomer from “Battlestar Galactica”, Jefferson was a series co-star in “Rich Man, Poor Man” with Nick Nolte, as well as its sequel, “Rich Man, Poor Man, Book II”, the revolutionary war mini-series “The Bastard”, “Yellow Rose” with Sam Elliott and Cybill Shephard and “The Devlin Connection” with Rock Hudson and Jack Scalia.

Jefferson has also guest starred in over 100 episodes of series TV, including “ER”, “Sister Sister”, “Hill Street Blues”, “Police Story”, “Airwolf”, “T.J. Hooker”, “Quincy”, “The Streets of San Francisco”, “White Shadow”, “Knight Rider”, “McCloud” and “Mission Impossible”. His most recent TV appearance was in the recurring role of Police Chief Price on the NBC soap opera “SunsetBeach”. His many feature film credits include “Apollo 13”, “Outbreak”, “Detroit 9000”, “Black Gun”, “The Slams”, “One Dozen” and Roger Corman’s “Private Duty Nurses”, which marked his feature film debut.

Jefferson’s extensive theatre credits include two Pulitzer Prize winning plays, “The Great White Hope” and “No Place To Be Somebody”. He was directed by Mike Nichols in the David Rabe play “Streamers”, which went on to win Best New American Play of the Year by the New York Drama Critics.

Although currently a resident of Southern California, Born: September 28, 1946, Sandersville, Georgia, Jefferson grew up in Jersey City, New Jersey where he attended high school and college. He is a New York trained actorstudying at the Herbert Berghof Studio, the Actors Studio with Lee Strasberg and an alumnus of New York’s AmericanAcademy of Dramatic Arts. He has appeared in productions on Broadway, off-Broadway and off-off Broadway, including several plays at Joseph Papp’s New York Shakespeare Festival/Public Theatre.

Trivia

Graduated with honors from New York's AmericanAcademy of Dramatic Arts [1969]

Herbert Jefferson Jr. is involved in community and charity activities including the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys For Tots Program, USO, California Paralyzed Veterans Association and California Special Olympics.

Has one daughter, Rebecca

https://www.what-a-character.com/cgi-bin/display.cgi?id=982799172

https://www.geocities.com/Area51/Quadrant/1308/

very hard to find info on him!
Thanks for posting the links about him Gaelen.
I think he's a great actor and thanks for posting that pic of him and
Anita Lockhart. I think it's a great one
Old March 13th, 2004, 08:57 PM   #20
Rowan
On Vacation...

Birth Name: Russell Anthony Swartz
Date of birth (location): 24 September1943Iowa, USA
Trivia Daughter - Kathryn Swartz (who was involved in the movie: "About Schmidt" with her dad)
Actor / Teamster. Location: Nebraska.
Member of the Battlestar Galactica fan club since:07/26/2001
Although he has appeared in commercials, these days he is mostly involved behind the camera as a documentary filmmaker

“With the cancellation of Battlestar Galactica, Tony remained involved with the industry, but acting was losing some of the allure that it once had for him. "I had always been interested in writing, directing and producing" he remarks. "I've found that I can wear many hats". Tony points out that he still enjoys acting, but that he enjoys working behind the camera even more. "I started filming documentaries...some to be shown in Japan", and he adds with a wink apparent in his voice, "and there a documentary can be four hours long!" However, doing this kind of work has enabled Tony to travel to places he otherwise might not have seen. "I've been on location at the Grand Canyon, Carlsbad Cavern, Cape Canaveral...you name it". "I've also done some promotional films for the Boy scouts...I've done a little bit of everything"

if you go to the web site below you can read the whole interview
I searched for a couple of hours this is all I could find on him

https://battlestarfanclub.com/battlestar/bgintts.htm
Old March 14th, 2004, 08:04 AM   #21
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelen
Birth Name: Russell Anthony Swartz
Date of birth (location): 24 September1943Iowa, USA
Trivia Daughter - Kathryn Swartz (who was involved in the movie: "About Schmidt" with her dad)
Actor / Teamster. Location: Nebraska.
Member of the Battlestar Galactica fan club since:07/26/2001
Although he has appeared in commercials, these days he is mostly involved behind the camera as a documentary filmmaker

“With the cancellation of Battlestar Galactica, Tony remained involved with the industry, but acting was losing some of the allure that it once had for him. "I had always been interested in writing, directing and producing" he remarks. "I've found that I can wear many hats". Tony points out that he still enjoys acting, but that he enjoys working behind the camera even more. "I started filming documentaries...some to be shown in Japan", and he adds with a wink apparent in his voice, "and there a documentary can be four hours long!" However, doing this kind of work has enabled Tony to travel to places he otherwise might not have seen. "I've been on location at the Grand Canyon, Carlsbad Cavern, Cape Canaveral...you name it". "I've also done some promotional films for the Boy scouts...I've done a little bit of everything"

if you go to the web site below you can read the whole interview
I searched for a couple of hours this is all I could find on him

https://battlestarfanclub.com/battlestar/bgintts.htm
THanks for posting this Gaelen!
Old March 16th, 2004, 11:42 AM   #22
Antelope

Great work Rowan(Gaelen)! It's amazing how much work Herb jefferson has been doing over the years and I didn't even realize he was there. I probably have seen him on air many times but without reading the credits who would know. This has been a great thread to read.

I told my wife about Maren Jensen's Hawaiian middle name. She had a good laugh because my wife's family is from Hawaii (We met in High School there) and my niece back there is part Hawaiian and her middle name translates as "cool breeze from the ocean". After your post I can see where Maren Jensen gets her exotic look.

It is also very uplifting to see most everyone has had a successful life doing what they want to do.
Old March 16th, 2004, 02:48 PM   #23
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default what richard has appeared in

Unfortunately, Richard has not been a guest star in a TV series since 1995. His last appearance was in the "Trapped Beneath the Sea" episode of "Baywatch." I don't know why he doesn't audition for TV roles anymore, because I really miss seeing him in that capacity.
He's made a number of straight-to-video movies in the past 10 years that unfortunately are very difficult to find. About five years ago, some of the Hollywood Video stores actually had copies of one of them, called "Iron Thunder," so I bought a used copy of that one from the local Hollywood store. I've also found a number of his movies (some straight-to-video, some made for cable) at various video stores liquidating their stock. In other words, I've never been able to find any of these movies for sale new. And more recently, even with the Internet, ebay, Amazon, etc., I never see these movies listed for sale.
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2004, 08:15 PM   #24
SeoulWind

I just recently saw one of Richard's movies here. He played the husband to an Asian mail-order-bride who happened to be some kind of Ninja on some kind of mission who was just using Richard's character to get into the country. I watched as much of it as I could because Richard was in it, but despite his performance the movie was so bad that I gave up about half way through, at just about the time the ninja woman was beginning to realize she liked him... Can't recall what the movie's title was but I couldn't help thinking that Richard was wayyyyy better than that...

Mark Snyder
Seoul, Korea
Old April 23rd, 2004, 04:01 PM   #25
PredatorPt
Bad Email Address

Default Maren Jensen

This may be old information, but I never heard it before

It's in the bio of Maren Jensen at IMDB.com:

Quote:
Where are they now
(December 2003) Became one of the first people in Hollywood to suffer the debilitating effects of Epstein-Barr syndrome (in the 1980s). She has since recovered, but has left show business behind her.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0421596/bio

And a page about the Epstein-Barr syndrome:

https://www.icongrouponline.com/healt..._Syndrome.html

It's a pity she doesn't act anymore
PredatorPt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2004, 02:06 PM   #26
ernie90125
Also Present

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDOwner:
BattlestarFanFilms.com

Wow. That is not old news. Is this the first news that has been heard of her for the last 20 years ? If she had a terrible illness, meaning that she could not work, that would explain her dissappearance....

VERY well found !

Ernie
ernie90125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2004, 02:12 PM   #27
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernie90125
Wow. That is not old news. Is this the first news that has been heard of her for the last 20 years ? If she had a terrible illness, meaning that she could not work, that would explain her dissappearance....

VERY well found !

Ernie
I didn't know that she had been Ill either.
I do hope that she is recovered now.
I will keep her in my prayers.
Old April 28th, 2004, 12:18 AM   #28
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

Noah was at dragoncon last year. He was supposed to be at Wizardcon in Texas but he was in a car accident that prevented him from being able to go. I hope he and his wife are ok.
DarkJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2004, 11:19 AM   #29
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Dark Jedi: was that accident recent?

Old May 2nd, 2004, 11:50 PM   #30
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

November. I know its been a bit of time, but we never heard if they were ok....
DarkJedi is offline   Reply With Quote