Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old February 16th, 2004, 09:44 PM   #1
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

Default Galactica Audio Continuation up date

Well here is an update on the Galactica audio continuation ( Return of a hero )
Plus some more in site to the Story and changes that have taken place.
At first I was just going to do a short story with actors interacting with some
samples of the original voice overs but Darrell talked me into not being so lazy with it
and actually interacting the original characters with each other also.
By now most of you have heard the first part and basically know what the story is about.
The story takes place 20 plus yarhens from the original and only uses certain elements
from Galactica 80 as well as Richards books.

The story starts with Apollo ( Now the commander ) Reminiscing about the last 20 yarhens
and it serves as a bit of a recap on all that has taken place. We even get to relive the
last scene in hand of god but we now get to hear what happened right after that when Apollo and Starbuck
left the celestial chamber and went to the party where they were rewarded their medals by Adama.
We also get to say good by to Adama as he passes on and we experience his funeral.

The main story is this. The cylons have evolved, Baltar has been presumed dead on the planet he was
Marooned on so many yarhens ago and Lucifer is now the imperious leader with old and newer more evil
Models of cylons . Many yarhens back before Adama died but soon after the hand of god, Rees goes crazy
and takes a viper for a joy ride. Apollo, Starbuck and Boomer are sent out after him. After realizing that
the cylons got Rees, the 3 find them selves confronted by the cylons and in the heat of a battle.

Starbuck is hit and has to crash land and the Galactica can't go back for him because of the battle they
find them selves in with the rest of the cylons. This is an element taken from the return of Starbuck but
in this case through the magic of editing, Apollo and Tigh are now in this scene along with Athena and cassy who
are in a later scene.

Fast forward 20 plus yarhens later and as commander Apollo reminisces in the celestial chamber, Boomer who is now
Coronal on the bridge, finds out that a worm hole has opened up right off the Galactica and a strange destress
signal is coming through it. It sounds like it may be Starbuck. Apollo is notified and sends out luitenent
Dalton, The daughter Starbuck never knew he had because cassy found out about her pregnancy only right after
Starbuck went missing. Tigh, who now is president contacts flight instructor sheba on the Galactica and looks
into the rumors that are spreading. He calls a quick meeting for the council of 12 while Commander Apollo is
busy and as a result of all info known, they decide that a rescue mission is in order and the two most
qualified are Troy and Dillon. Apollo finds this out from Tigh later and is less then happy about decisions
being made with out him. He want's Starbuck recued if possible but not for the chance of losing his son.
He relents and prepares the 2 for their mission.

From their you will just have to hear the rest of the continuation because I don't want to spoil the story.

Complete with new sound effects, on board computers and a new cast to interact with the old, a new cast that
will consist of the Battlestar Galactica fans them selves, plus the original score by Stu Phillips that is
supported by a few other tunes, The return of a hero should at least come close to what the fans have been
asking for all these years. We are about 3 scenes away from being ready to put out the casting call.
I know it seems like it's taking forever but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Thanks
T. Shawn Hardy aka OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2004, 01:25 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Thanks, Shawn. It sounds wonderful!

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]

Last edited by jewels; February 17th, 2004 at 01:59 PM..
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2004, 04:18 PM   #3
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

Thanks for the reply jewels .
I just finished another scene today that calls for another acting role to be filled. The scene is only 1 minute and a half long but the same character shows up later for more lines.

OWD

OWD
Old February 17th, 2004, 05:05 PM   #4
repcisg
Bad Email Address

Shawn,

This sounds wonderful, just what we all need right now.
repcisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2004, 06:40 PM   #5
amberstar
Strike Leader

I can't wait to hear this, it sounds wonderful!

Amberstar
amberstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2004, 06:41 PM   #6
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

Hey thanks my friends.

OWD

OWD
Old February 22nd, 2004, 07:23 PM   #7
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

I'm finally on the last scene or at least the structure of it because the voice actors need to be added but it's going to take a bit because I have to go back to some other scenes and do some touch ups.

One of the biggest things that will update this is some newer sound effects. Don't get me wrong, I'm using the old ones too but with this being a continuation set 20 yarhens in the future, it only stands to reason that things would change a bit.

Does anyone know of any great sites with some cool sound effects that could be used? I found some and even have an explosion that would sound pretty damn cool on surround sound. I even made some but if any one knows of any cool sites that have them. I would appreciate it.

OWD

OWD
Old February 24th, 2004, 10:11 AM   #8
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldwardaggit
Well here is an update on the Galactica audio continuation ( Return of a hero )
Plus some more in site to the Story and changes that have taken place.
At first I was just going to do a short story with actors interacting with some
samples of the original voice overs but Darrell talked me into not being so lazy with it
and actually interacting the original characters with each other also.
By now most of you have heard the first part and basically know what the story is about.
The story takes place 20 plus yarhens from the original and only uses certain elements
from Galactica 80 as well as Richards books.

The story starts with Apollo ( Now the commander ) Reminiscing about the last 20 yarhens
and it serves as a bit of a recap on all that has taken place. We even get to relive the
last scene in hand of god but we now get to hear what happened right after that when Apollo and Starbuck
left the celestial chamber and went to the party where they were rewarded their medals by Adama.
We also get to say good by to Adama as he passes on and we experience his funeral.

The main story is this. The cylons have evolved, Baltar has been presumed dead on the planet he was
Marooned on so many yarhens ago and Lucifer is now the imperious leader with old and newer more evil
Models of cylons . Many yarhens back before Adama died but soon after the hand of god, Rees goes crazy
and takes a viper for a joy ride. Apollo, Starbuck and Boomer are sent out after him. After realizing that
the cylons got Rees, the 3 find them selves confronted by the cylons and in the heat of a battle.

Starbuck is hit and has to crash land and the Galactica can't go back for him because of the battle they
find them selves in with the rest of the cylons. This is an element taken from the return of Starbuck but
in this case through the magic of editing, Apollo and Tigh are now in this scene along with Athena and cassy who
are in a later scene.

Fast forward 20 plus yarhens later and as commander Apollo reminisces in the celestial chamber, Boomer who is now
Coronal on the bridge, finds out that a worm hole has opened up right off the Galactica and a strange destress
signal is coming through it. It sounds like it may be Starbuck. Apollo is notified and sends out luitenent
Dalton, The daughter Starbuck never knew he had because cassy found out about her pregnancy only right after
Starbuck went missing. Tigh, who now is president contacts flight instructor sheba on the Galactica and looks
into the rumors that are spreading. He calls a quick meeting for the council of 12 while Commander Apollo is
busy and as a result of all info known, they decide that a rescue mission is in order and the two most
qualified are Troy and Dillon. Apollo finds this out from Tigh later and is less then happy about decisions
being made with out him. He want's Starbuck recued if possible but not for the chance of losing his son.
He relents and prepares the 2 for their mission.

From their you will just have to hear the rest of the continuation because I don't want to spoil the story.

Complete with new sound effects, on board computers and a new cast to interact with the old, a new cast that
will consist of the Battlestar Galactica fans them selves, plus the original score by Stu Phillips that is
supported by a few other tunes, The return of a hero should at least come close to what the fans have been
asking for all these years. We are about 3 scenes away from being ready to put out the casting call.
I know it seems like it's taking forever but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Thanks
T. Shawn Hardy aka OWD
Thanks OWD! I know it will be worth the wait!
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2004, 11:35 AM   #9
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

thank you shiningstar.

OWD

OWD
Old February 24th, 2004, 12:01 PM   #10
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

OWD have you ever thought of making a continuation movie in quicktime version?
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2004, 12:14 PM   #11
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Wink

Quote:
thank you shiningstar.

OWD
Anytime OWD anytime
Old February 24th, 2004, 12:15 PM   #12
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish
OWD have you ever thought of making a continuation movie in quicktime version?
Listen to KINGFISH! I think this is a truelly FANTASTIC IDEA
Old February 24th, 2004, 07:35 PM   #13
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

This may be a stupid question for me to ask and every one knows that i'm full of them but do you mean quicktime as in video or as in a different file for quicktime ? sorry. lol

owd

OWD
Old February 25th, 2004, 06:13 AM   #14
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

I am talking Quicktime for video. I believe that you would have to convert the material into a file to be played utilizing this player. I am not to sure however. There is a member at my site who made an outstanding feature titled the Return of Starbuck utilizing this system. Both the picture and the sound were fantastic. However it takes a bit of time to view if you are using a dialup connection so the player shouldn't be too large.
Old February 25th, 2004, 09:03 AM   #15
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
This may be a stupid question for me to ask and every one knows that i'm full of them but do you mean quicktime as in video or as in a different file for quicktime ? sorry. lol

owd
The only STUPID question OWD is the one NEVER asked .................................
Old February 25th, 2004, 09:05 AM   #16
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
I am talking Quicktime for video. I believe that you would have to convert the material into a file to be played utilizing this player. I am not to sure however. There is a member at my site who made an outstanding feature titled the Return of Starbuck utilizing this system. Both the picture and the sound were fantastic. However it takes a bit of time to view if you are using a dialup connection so the player shouldn't be too large.
Thank you Kingfish .......I certainly didn't know ............
Old February 25th, 2004, 03:55 PM   #17
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

kingfish
Do you have a URL for the Return of Starbuck fan thing you were talking about? I would like to see it. Was it Youngwardaggit that did it?

OWD

OWD
Old February 25th, 2004, 05:08 PM   #18
kingfish
Strike Leader

Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

I believe that Youngdaggit will be bringing the site back soon.
Old February 25th, 2004, 05:40 PM   #19
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
I believe that Youngdaggit will be bringing the site back soon.
I'm looking forward to that.
Old February 25th, 2004, 07:58 PM   #20
amberstar
Strike Leader

So............ how's everything going???????
I'm sooooooooooooooooooo exicited about the audio continuation

Amber
Old February 26th, 2004, 09:26 AM   #21
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Keep up the good work Kingfish! I know you
and Youngdaggit can do it.
Old February 26th, 2004, 07:29 PM   #22
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

amber
Every thing is going great.
I had to stop working on it for this week due to other things but first thing Monday morning, I will start again and should be sending out the casting sheet real soon. Some parts were already casted but others are wide open.

The structure for all the scenes are done or at least done as far as I can tell at this point. I might want to add or take away other scenes later. I can't wait till it's done either.
OWD

OWD
Old March 4th, 2004, 11:22 AM   #23
amberstar
Strike Leader

Keep up the good work my friend!

Amber
Old March 4th, 2004, 11:28 AM   #24
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
amber
Every thing is going great.
I had to stop working on it for this week due to other things but first thing Monday morning, I will start again and should be sending out the casting sheet real soon. Some parts were already casted but others are wide open.

The structure for all the scenes are done or at least done as far as I can tell at this point. I might want to add or take away other scenes later. I can't wait till it's done either.
OWD
Keep up the good work OWD. I am soooooooooooooo looking forward to
seeing it when it's done

Old March 4th, 2004, 02:00 PM   #25
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

Well thank you, to both of you.
I hit a bit of a snag because I'm trying to get a hold of some really good sound effects. I have a line on some but I can't move forward until I get them, even though I'm working on the tuch ups still.

I have always been cursed with being too picky when it comes to doing this stuff. lol

OWD

OWD
Old March 4th, 2004, 02:59 PM   #26
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Well thank you, to both of you.
I hit a bit of a snag because I'm trying to get a hold of some really good sound effects. I have a line on some but I can't move forward until I get them, even though I'm working on the tuch ups still.

I have always been cursed with being too picky when it comes to doing this stuff. lol

OWD
I know you'll get it done OWD. You're the best
Old March 17th, 2004, 10:29 AM   #27
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

Up date,
I now have the pro sound effects that I need and production has resumed. I've been working on it for the last 3 days but with new Ideas, it's been growing with more scenes.
I just added up the time and as of right now with 2 more scenes to be out lined, it's looking like it will be hard to keep this under 80 minutes. it's looking like this is going to be more of an audio movie.

I have an Idea for the fans to not only be apart in the acting process but to also get to create and write their own part for the last battle scene. Yes that means they get to be warriors in their own up dated vipers and they get to say what ever they want while shooting the Cylons out of the sky.

Details will be coming soon.
OWD

OWD
Old March 17th, 2004, 10:38 AM   #28
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

That sounds Fantastic OWD! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Looking forward to that!
Old March 24th, 2004, 09:38 AM   #29
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

Thanks again. I'm finally working on the last scene and it seems to be taking forever once again. Oh well, it will get done.

OWD

OWD
Old March 25th, 2004, 09:01 AM   #30
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

Just finnished out lining the last scene and now I'm finally ready to move on to casting. Some parts have already been casted due to all the great help that I got behind the scenes.
I will be back soon with the casting sheet.

OWD

OWD