Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 9th, 2003, 03:47 PM   #1
larocque6689
Warrior

Exclamation Taking Back Sciffy

We are discussing at the alliance ways to take back Sciffy from the trolls and clones which currently monopolize it.

They (or rather a small handfull of troublemakers) - have a near-monopoly there because we (those of us who don't use multiple handles or troll) don't post there any more.

In my last note I stated: "We establish our presence by simply COMING BACK and discussing the SAME THINGS we discuss here at CA, CF, Subspace or Nathan's forum. It's that simple." It doesn't matter what your opinion on the miniseries, or TOS or Desanto, as long as you are not trolling.

Sandy writes:
"The Skiffy board is being read to see how fans reacted to the miniseries. At a minimum, everyone should politely express their feelings about the miniseries. This will be part of the decision process determining if the miniseries goes to a full series or not."

Another user suggested a postathon.

Even if 10% of the posts go through - if there's 50 posts prsented that's 5 that actually appear. The trolls are winning through numbers. We outnumber them by:
a) posting there regularly (say, 3 posts a day per user)
b) posting there in numbers (say, 20 people dedicated to talking Galactica every day)

In the below thread I make some suggestions on how to deal (or rather not deal) with the clones. Essentially ignore them and make your presence known.

http://www.cylon.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2378
Old December 9th, 2003, 03:51 PM   #2
jjrakman

The biggest question I have is why would Skiffy pay any attention to posts from mutliple handles from what they know is one IP? Why would the posts of multiple handles matter to them?
Old December 9th, 2003, 04:06 PM   #3
larocque6689
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by jjrakman
The biggest question I have is why would Skiffy pay any attention to posts from mutliple handles from what they know is one IP? Why would the posts of multiple handles matter to them?
JJ

I suspect that the cloning is done from multiple Yahoo and Hotmail accounts. It wouldn't be obvious to Sciffy unless they were capturing IP information that they emanated from the same computer.

In any case, I really think it would be a shame if we let them "win" by vacating the forum. That doesn't mean spending less time here at CF, CA or elsewhere - it merely means we're saying "we're not going away". It enhances "our" case ( by which I mean - non-troublemakers) when we post at all the sites that TPTB read. Sciffy isn't the only forum in the equation, but it's part of it.

We really need to come back.

By the way Darrell - I'll try to make it tonight at BSG.
Old December 9th, 2003, 04:08 PM   #4
jjrakman

Oh i definitely think we should come back.

I was just wondering why Skiffy isn't smart enough to figure these things out.
Old December 9th, 2003, 04:57 PM   #5
amberstar
Strike Leader

Their Ego is too big?
Could it be that skiffy thinks that all the postive mini post are legal and likes the ego boost?

(Sorry Tom, I just couldn't resist. I'll be good from now on.)

Amber
Old December 9th, 2003, 09:00 PM   #6
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

Well I'm all for taking the board back but with the thinking of TPTB in the past, I'm scared that they are just looking for numbers over there after the mini airs and if they are only looking for numbers, then we will end up helping the mini.

But I'm going to chance it because now it looks like most want this mini when I have been around long enough to know different.

It's a hard decision because our cry for Galactica was heard by putting this mini out but our message was ignored by the direction they took.

OWD

OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2003, 10:13 PM   #7
Westy
Warrior

I think it's essential or at least would help to reach the goal of a new faithful to TOS movie. If the skiffy board is filled with only TOS hating mini lovers, it might look like support for Larson isn't what it should be.
Old December 9th, 2003, 11:02 PM   #8
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Quote:
Originally posted by amberstar
Their Ego is too big?
Could it be that skiffy thinks that all the postive mini post are legal and likes the ego boost?

(Sorry Tom, I just couldn't resist. I'll be good from now on.)

Amber
My opinion of them is much worse than that.

I think they both hate "scifi fans" and regularly ridicule us in public, and turn around and believe they can use us as proof of how popular and right they are.

If not for Stargate, that channel would implode from its own incompetence

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 07:29 PM   #9
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I use to POST on there alot ........the problem was
MY POSTS always dissappeared or never made it onto the
boards so I gave up. I know alot of people who this is
still happening too.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote