Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 24th, 2003, 11:58 AM   #1
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Default To LordStarFyre

I tried https://www.edwardjamesolmos.com and it only gets you to a snail mail addy page (and backing out a folder level gets you nowhere, tried that.)

however: search on google for his name & he has an official web site.

If you write (everyone): be nice. This one is an activist himself and he might just relate to our reasons for fighting for our show. Anything is possible.

Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2003, 12:01 PM   #2
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default Thank you Jewels!!!!!!

I don't know where we'd be without you and Muffit!

I'll second your assertation that any correspondence with Mr. Olmos should be nice. He is a good man, and has quite a solid history outside the Acting Arena. I may not agree with the stance he's taken on the Moore stuff, but he does deserve to be talked to with respect.
LordStarFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2003, 12:10 PM   #3
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default When Everyone Knows Your Name

He might not have taken the stance some claim he has. When folks know you're name its easy to toss about. Look at my recent "crimes" for an example of this. Look at all the horrible acts Michael Faries is supposed to have done.

This man just might turn out to be the best friend we've had.

Two-Brain
TwoBrainedCylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2003, 12:46 PM   #4
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Heart Re: When Everyone Knows Your Name

Considering he had to be approached to stand and deliver (no pun intended) support for the current production, I wonder if he knows all of the facts surrounding this show and the general fanbase?

Then again, a paycheck is a paycheck... and he may have genuine passion for this script. It's his choice.

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2003, 12:58 PM   #5
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

But at least we can try (nicely) to help him see there may be a choice. Or that there are opinions out there that differ from Mr. Eicks and Mr. Moore's.

Jewels

Last edited by jewels; March 24th, 2003 at 01:03 PM..
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2003, 01:14 PM   #6
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Has Olmos even officially signed? The Sci-Fi Wire articles, which are the only 'officially released' statements to date about the project referred to McDonnel, Bamber, and the girl from Halloween 8 as "cast." The Olmos article said something like "he was close to a deal." Perhaps it was announced somewhere else and I missed it.

At any rate I would love to hear a statement from Mr. Olmos. Ever since his name was mentioned I've had trouble understanding why an actor who was in Blade Runner would love a script that "borrows" so heavily from Blade Runner. I'm betting on the "paycheck is a paycheck" theory, but who knows?
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote