Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows
Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old April 10th, 2006, 09:44 PM   #1
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Default Man From Atlantis

One would think maybe Sci-Fi would add this to their rotation, or maybe even TV Land. I actually learned how to swim as a result of watching this show when I was a youngster. I don't want to say "when I was a kid". I'm still a kid at heart.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 10:48 PM   #2
Galactifan
Warrior

I watched "The Man From Atlantis" during it's first run on broadcast tv and enjoyed it. However, I picked up the pilot episode recently and it was rather slow moving from what I remember. I would like to see this show up in re-runs too, however, I think that it would be perfect for a "Sci-Fi Channel 2" (channel doesn't exist yet).
Galactifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2006, 07:46 AM   #3
KamikazeAthena
Warrior Ace

FYI - Someone is selling these on ebay and Yahoo! auctions. I believe the episodes are off of SciFi.
KamikazeAthena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 08:38 AM   #4
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

I have them all and just started to do a bit of a marathon. 17 episodes with the first 4 being movies that were later broken up into 8.
I think it premiered in 1977.

I agree that it was slow moving. Especially the first 4 movies that could have easily been chopped down to one hour each.
I remember saying that to my wife and saying these probably wouldn't seem so slow moving at an hour.

The later episodes are more entertaining but it seems like they ran out of good Idea's with almost every episode consisting of another world that they find under water. Of course that's the 70s way of writing and it's still entertaining today. It was as if they wanted to do a star trek type of show but took the space part of the equation .

That made for an original kind of approach. I found it cool how the sub that went missing in the first movie was called the Sea Quest and Ted Neely from the movie Jesus Christ super star, Guest starred twice on this shortly lived show while Victor Buono was in just about every second episode.

It would be cool to see a continuation of this show where Patrick Duffy has long sense returned home to sit on the thrown as king of the sea while a younger generation does the swimming and adventuring in a well written continuation.

But such a money making idea would never reach production because Hollywood is to busy trying to find a better way to reach one age group only.

Now I'm off to watch the last 3 episodes of Man from Atlantis.
OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2006, 04:43 PM   #5
Winemaster
Shuttle Pilot

Patrick Duffy could wake up from a dream that he had as family member of a Texas oil family that lived on a cattle ranch. LOL
Winemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2006, 06:21 AM   #6
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Man From Atlantis was short lived. The only reason skiffy is running os BG is to promote Nu series BG. OS Trek has been taken off as well as Babylon 5. Space Above and Beyond is mia, thank heaven I purchased the dvds. Finally they have even driven a stake through Barnabus's heart for DS no longer runs on skiffy. Skiffy stinks, the only good thing is Dirk is supposed to be in a movie on the channel sometime in June.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote