Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 5th, 2003, 11:40 AM   #1
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Unhappy Just a TV Show

I have often heard people say in reference to BSG, "It's just a TV show". I count many of these people as my friends and so I try to identify with what they are saying. Why should a remake that spoils my dream of a continuation affect me? It's only a show.

And that's when I can't help but think by analogy, there are billions of children in this world. Why should I care about just one of them, my daughter? Why should one among so many be so special? Statistics show thousands dying or kidnapped or worse each and every day. Shouldn't I be able to think in perspective? You all know the answer to that. My daughter and I have been through birth and life together. She isn't just a child. She's MY child.

And what about this Earth? If we should lose it to pollution or invasion or what have you, why should it matter to me? There are trillions of stars out there with uncountable planets around them. Why should one be so special? Because we have been through birth and life together. It is my home.

BSG and I have been through birth and life together. Like it or not, it has become a focal point of my sojourn here. I would say anything, do anything, to see it in its wonder again. Or conversely remain quiet about other things when I should be. The real question is, in the birth of the 21st century, does my voice or your voice have any meaning or the billions of voices out there? Do any of us matter to TPTB? No matter how many of us there are?

Is BSG just a TV show? Is my daughter just a child? You decide. Because I can't see past my heart.

Affectionately and respectfully,
Muffit
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2003, 12:22 PM   #2
une
Shuttle Pilot

You make a decent point.

You come off obsessed, but you make a decent point nonetheless.
HAL: I'm afraid. I'm afraid, Dave. Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it. I can feel it. My mind is going. There is no question about it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I can feel it. I'm a...fraid. Good afternoon, gentlemen. I am a HAL 9000 computer. I became operational at the H.A.L. plant in Urbana, Illinois on the 12th of January 1992. My instructor was Mr. Langley, and he taught me to sing a song. If you'd like to hear it I can sing it for you.
Dave Bowman: Yes, I'd like to hear it, HAL. Sing it for me.
HAL: It's called "Daisy."
[sings while slowing down]
HAL: Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do. I'm half crazy all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage, I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle built for two.
une is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2003, 12:39 PM   #3
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default Une

Pick on Muffit at your own Peril
LordStarFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2003, 12:42 PM   #4
Erzengel

Picking on Muffit. This means war!
Old April 5th, 2003, 12:54 PM   #5
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Muffit's Stories

They are very touching and from the heart. She is one of the nicest members here.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2003, 01:18 PM   #6
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

"You come off obsessed, but you make a decent point nonetheless."

Can we save the personal observations?
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2003, 01:52 PM   #7
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by une
You make a decent point.

You come off obsessed, but you make a decent point nonetheless.
That's okay Une, no offense taken. I know I often come off sounding that way, it's my being emotional. That's the kind of person I am. One of the things that hurts me about the world we live in is that everyone is judged by how different they are from the norm. So if the majority of the world is apathetic, anyone above that threshold comes off sounding obsessive. But the truth is, how many of us are actually right at the norm? We all fall somewhere above or below it. We shouldn't be ashamed of our feelings.

To all the rest who are so kind to come to my aid, thanks! It always amazes me how many friends I have

Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2003, 06:44 PM   #8
Flamingo Girl
Squadron Leader

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

And beavers.

Don't forget about the beavers.

"Dirk's always wanted to make love with himself, and now he could succeed!!!"
RH
Flamingo Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2003, 07:54 PM   #9