Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 13th, 2003, 07:27 PM   #1
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Default Hey MichaelFaries are you still dancing?!

https://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/brows.../531/320314/14

Quote:

For bsgviperman:

And it's still on. Right now, some folks are actually heading to Canada per that schedule.

"Change" is the operative word here. How they change remains to be seen. I'm wondering if those changes will be done in time, or (for example) if some scenes will be filmed while others are reshuffled in the shooting schedule *as things change*.

So far, I'm "happy happy joy joy" over the "change" I'm seeing. It's not 100% pure bliss, but it's happiness to me right now. And I may yet grow even happier at what I'm hearing. You and I know that ultimate happiness would be Richard Hatch running the production; that is NOT the case. As a fan, though, the happiness comes from changes that are afoot. And I still believe both original series fans and pro-Moore fans will find some happiness in the mix. What's planned won't destroy the original series, as I'm understanding, unlike the complete replacement which the remake was going to do.

I'm not delving any further into this right now. There's too much going on... and some people aren't happy with the "changes." You literally have no clue how pissed off some folks are, nor what I'm risking by saying even these VERY vague things.

Then again, the original fans were pissed off when the remake news broke on April 2, 2002. ~

Michael

Good news it seems

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2003, 11:52 AM   #2
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

I'm DEFINITELY still dancing. Of course, someone could change the dance music today (Friday), but I doubt it'll happen.

It's good news indeed. "Great" news would constitute a continuation with Richard's, Dirk's, Anne's, Herb's, (and other original cast members') involvement in a project which wholly honors the Original series. But I'll classify this as good news. It's a step in the right direction for fans of the Original "Battlestar Galactica."

It's a step-by-step process. Things will happen in a series of progressions which aren't plainly obvious to the public. In fact, there will be some debates over what's happening -- plus some misinterpretations, since not all the facts or information may be evident from the outset of these new developments. There may be future developments in the few months ahead, too, which create additional happiness.

Questions to ask yourselves privately: Could you somehow preserve the integrity of the original series by extending the overall story, or do you scrap it entirely with a remake/re-imagining (with vague homages to the original series)? Can some things change and still keep the original fan base happy? What constitutes acceptable change(s)?

All will be revealed in due time. And hopefully, not by me, but by those involved. And, yes, many of the parties involved on both sides of the fence are reading this. I believe some of those folks are looking (metaphorically) for blood. You're not getting the current Ronald D. Moore script, folks. But if you're a fan of Mr. Moore's, don't fret. He's not gone. But there some new folks minding the store and the store's inventory, though. There's even a major inventory review underway. I'll stop with that.

I do wonder when the sci fi web site BG pages will, ahem, change. Ouch! Did I say that??

Ever smiling,
Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2003, 11:56 AM   #3
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

By the way, as a disclaimer: None of this is a build-up to the annual April Fools Day pranks which I do on the BG web sites. What's happening at Universal is serious. And it's no joking matter. Based on the sensitivity of current developments, I may elect not to do a major April 1st shindig this year.

Someone at scifi.com's BG bboard accused me of this. That's why I'm posting the disclaimer.

Michael
Old March 14th, 2003, 01:12 PM   #4
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

IF you do an April 1 silliness, please PM me 1st: I would be one of those gullable ones freaking out otherwise, LOL.
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2003, 01:31 PM   #5
GalacticanCajun
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by michaelfaries
By the way, as a disclaimer: None of this is a build-up to the annual April Fools Day pranks which I do on the BG web sites. What's happening at Universal is serious. And it's no joking matter. Based on the sensitivity of current developments, I may elect not to do a major April 1st shindig this year.

Someone at scifi.com's BG bboard accused me of this. That's why I'm posting the disclaimer.

Michael
I am one of the gullible ones too
GalacticanCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2003, 01:33 PM   #6
crash4587
Bad Email Address

Default April 1,was my birthday

after last year's events, I gave it up. Now I'm just stuck in a Galacticaless void!
crash4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2003, 01:34 PM   #7
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Jeez Michael, you sure you want to do an April Fool's joke this year? Last year's joke seemed to really anger the gods. They sure smited us hard on April 2nd.
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2003, 01:52 PM   #8
Ravishol
Bad Email Address

They cleared the board at SciFi, has anyone seen this over at SciFi?

MartainHighCouncil

Dear fans of Battlestar Galactica,

Many of you are worried that the current production is in trouble. Those rumours are completely false and instigated by those who have their own self interest at heart. I would like to report that all is well in Mars and a major announcement will be made early next week. The production is still on schedule and will start filming on March 24, 2003. Do not let those who have no interest for the fan create a false sense of failure in the production. Keep your eyes open and the good news will be posted for all to see in time. Your wait and hopes of a revival of Battlestar Galactica has become reality and we, the Martians, have always had you, the fan, as our source of inspiration.

-David

Can anyone comment?
Ravishol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2003, 02:06 PM   #9
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Methinks they've gone into panic mode!

Talk about rewriting history!

Peter
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2003, 02:29 PM   #10
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

Quote:
Originally posted by AlternityOrange
Jeez Michael, you sure you want to do an April Fool's joke this year? Last year's joke seemed to really anger the gods. They sure smited us hard on April 2nd.
LOL! Damn, so true in a twisted sort of way.

And we thought they had a sense of humor, too. The joke was on us then. How the Mighty have fallen. And hard.

Michael
Old March 14th, 2003, 02:35 PM   #11
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravishol
Can anyone comment?
If this is "damage control" for today's meeting(s), which I don't have specifics on, then I'm really curious how things are going. Maybe there's a change of tune on current happenings; I don't know.

Note: The "production" isn't in trouble. Heck, it is happening. No worries there. It's *how* it's proceeding -- and what changes are pending. Ask the new scriptwriters.

I'll remind everyone: There's a difference between what's happening at Universal and at SCI-FI. It all depends on your point of view. 'Nuff said.

Michael
Old March 14th, 2003, 03:41 PM   #12
Artemis
Warrior

Quote:

Ask the new scriptwriters.
Those few words speak volumes about the amount of changes afoot.
Old March 14th, 2003, 03:51 PM   #13
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

So we are their source of inspiration. When did this happen? he he he
:confused:
I think Michael's April fools joke last year was their source of inspiration. lol
I should take that back because I don’t want to anger the gods either. Especially if Michael is smiling.
But if things have changed and we are now their source, then I will let the Whole Re-imagined remake thing be water under the bridge.

My Grandmother use to tell me that some people carry anger around long after the need for it has passed and all it does is hold you back from living your life to the fullest because anger is the heaviest thing you could ever carry.

She was a very wise lady.

Now it's back to being crazy.

OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2003, 04:15 PM   #14
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

Quote:
Originally posted by oldwardaggit
So we are their source of inspiration. When did this happen? he he he
:confused:
I think Michael's April fools joke last year was their source of inspiration. lol
I should take that back because I don’t want to anger the gods either.
I liked my DVD box set cover (the homage to Frank Frazetta) and all of that content goodness to pour over. Besides, where else would we see "The censored scenes with the Ovions consuming humans" or "Public apology/short documentary: 'Galactica: 1980: What went terribly wrong.'" (Apologies to Steve on the last one.)

https://www.battlestarpegasus.com/af/af2002.html

hehe

Oh, sorry... I forget: I'm not the one who sold their soul to Count Iblis over this BG chaos.

Michael
Old March 14th, 2003, 04:17 PM   #15
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

re: the April 1st DVD prank last year. Let's not forget "Special Edition Visual Effects director 'Warrior'" (plus the comments of "ssgw")

Cheers, Darrell and Steve.

M.
Old March 14th, 2003, 06:16 PM   #16
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Default About last year's April 1 hoax

I like the "Maren Jenson interview not finalized" note. Wonder if she will ever be heard from again.

Geez, when you all do an April Fools thing it's an elaborate affair!!
Old March 14th, 2003, 06:18 PM   #17
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by Ravishol
They cleared the board at SciFi, has anyone seen this over at SciFi?

MartainHighCouncil

...Your wait and hopes of a revival of Battlestar Galactica has become reality and we, the Martians, have always had you, the fan, as our source of inspiration.
There's a couple of ways that could be read. But. Things happened the last time MHC tried direct communication, maybe not immediately but things began happening.... the PR and disinformation cranked up a bit as I recall. And Michael smiled through most of that too. Could be someone fluffing their feathers, could be impending doom with the Galactica we know rising like a Phoenix from the ashes of that RDM script.

Watching. Waiting.... They better blooming announce something early next week that has substance after that communique or we'll all know they are just blowing snow!! ...Still Hoping.
Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]

Last edited by jewels; March 14th, 2003 at 06:31 PM..
Old March 14th, 2003, 07:43 PM   #18
LucianG
Warrior

One thing about clearing the board at SciFi, they did archive the old posts, though you have to access them from the main SciFi board rather than the link they have listed at the top of the "new" Battlestar Galactica Board.

https://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/3315

The other thing is that there is now plenty of room for us to speak out for a continuation! Everyone, please get over there and post for a continuation as soon as you can. Let's show them that we are serious and that we are not rolling over and giving up as they would like for us to do. Anyone up for a spontaneous mini-post-athon?
LucianG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2003, 07:57 PM   #19
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

Michael I thought that I would be a smart a$$ about a year ago and I put Galactica Gossip in my Goggle search just to see if others would be saying something on another board. The first thing that came up, was one of your April fools day jokes and for most of it, I was saying how can this be. It had me until close to the end. Then at the end, it reveled that it was just an April fools day joke, so I thought that you would like to know that an old trick was still tricking.

I spent the last year wishing that some one would step forward and proclaim the new Galactica script as a belated April fools day joke.

Let’s hope that’s all water under the bridge.

OWD
Old March 14th, 2003, 07:59 PM   #20
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

LucianG , You speak the truth.

OWD
Old March 14th, 2003, 08:53 PM   #21
Muffit
Muff Daggy

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner:
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by GalacticanCajun

I am one of the gullible ones too
Welcome to Colonial Fleets, GalacticanCajun!!!
Muffit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2003, 10:10 PM   #22
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Glad, very glad to hear so much good news!!!

I myself would really love to see the old cast united, but I can still enjoy a good changed BG as long as the important relationship and "feel" of BG stays intact.

You would have to keep the MelGibson-Danny Glover like interaction of Apollo and Starbuck. No sex changes. (that really was offensive) And The core characters maintaining a sense of dear family. And the Galactica must be the same old Galactica, not some new fangled B5 submarine like thing. And keep the warrior jackets. And NO sluttly cylons!!!!!

I think alot of the problem was Bonnie Hammer bringing over her personal style into the storywriting department. She is a great marketing genius. She knows how to put together a killer advertising campaign. But when she starts dictating STORY,.. she is very fallible to put it mildly. Lexx...Crossing Over with John Edwards...The DreamTeam... all were HORRIBLE ideas. All were created with Hammer's stamp of approval.

We need to get back to basics with this project. Back to what people liked about the original Galactica.
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2003, 10:26 PM   #23
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

"Glad, very glad to hear so much good news!!!"

What good news?!? All I see in this thread is vague allusion to unspecified change. I'm supposed to go 'hurrah' over that?

Someone throw me a bone, here!
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2003, 05:51 AM   #24
GalacticanCajun
Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Muffit

Welcome to Colonial Fleets, GalacticanCajun!!!

Glad to be here. I have been a Galactica fan since the first episode.
GalacticanCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2003, 06:23 AM   #25
KJ
Strike Leader

Not to spoil your April fool's fun coming up soon and all. But isn't the fact WHEN it comes it suppose to take you all by surprise? last 2 years worth of April fool jokes by BattlestarGalactica.com/Pegasus to my knowledge being very good (like the animation one afew years back) although last years Galactica DVD prank was too telling and forced to be effective. Considering the history of constant put off's Universal has given the Galactica sets for the past few years.

No matter how witty the prank it won't work now?! April fool's only works when the person or persons is unaware of "April's Fool's Day!" It's like your asking lightning to strike several times in the same place!. But since i loved the fake DVD boxset image of last year along with all the requested extras and faked "Special Edition" pictures, might as well surprise us again this year.

Long as it's a very witty prank!

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2003, 07:56 AM   #26
Stevew
Fleet Modeling Machine!

Fooled me LOL
I had forgotten about those, they are really great
S
Stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2003, 12:43 PM   #27
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Cool images, Warrior (and other responsible parties if there were any!)
Old March 15th, 2003, 02:01 PM   #28
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

God, someone found all that cut footage from Galactica 1980!

Peter
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2003, 04:18 PM   #29
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally posted by Warrior
...what... you folks mean to tell me *this* fooled some of you?
That's just some buddies and I taking our toys out for a joyride. LOL
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2003, 12:54 PM   #30
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:

Michael

I was last years fool who fell for the Special edition DVD news. I probably will stay away from the website this year so I am not the Potsie Webber of the forum.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote