Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 6th, 2004, 09:05 PM   #1
Expatkiwi
Just Lost My Cherry!

Default My contribution to GALACTICA2003

I wrote a story set in the BSG2003 universe. It was picked up and posted to the GALACTICA2003 site. If anyone wants to read it, you can access https://galactica2003.net/archives/pagasus.shtmlhttps://galactica2003.net/archives/pegasus.shtml
Expatkiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2004, 08:10 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Expatkiwi:
Fan Fiction is a positive thing and I think you will get more readers in this forum than in the Original series forum.

Makes me wonder if the main BSG fanfiction site (there are over 300 stories already on it) will take G03 submissions....it's a respectable group of writers and they may give feedback on each others' stories too. It's Run by Robert Hanczyck or something like that. Cf homepage, to the links page, under Specialized sites: fan fiction.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2004, 10:33 PM   #3
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

if you would like, I can make some room to host it here.

How big is it in terms of KBs?

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2004, 02:46 AM   #4
CrysWimmer

Default Fanfiction availability

Quote:
Originally posted by jewels
Expatkiwi:
Fan Fiction is a positive thing and I think you will get more readers in this forum than in the Original series forum.

Makes me wonder if the main BSG fanfiction site (there are over 300 stories already on it) will take G03 submissions....it's a respectable group of writers and they may give feedback on each others' stories too. It's Run by Robert Hanczyck or something like that. Cf homepage, to the links page, under Specialized sites: fan fiction.
The only fic I've found - so far - and it's really sparse, is up on the fanfiction.net site - I have one story up, a second started, and there are a few others. All of them are painfully short, but I guess we just need time. Interestingly, no one has been updating TOS stuff, just posting 2003. It's pretty clearly marked, but it doesn't have a separate forum. I haven't got any bashing yet, so maybe the purists are being polite.

https://www.fanfiction.net/list.php?categoryid=242

Have a fun read, and I'll definately be swinging by the "other page" to see what's there. If anyone can give me information on submission to the Galactica 2003 site, please private message me. No, I'm not a trader, and this is my primary forum, but there's just so damn little out there, and I'm so desperate, that I'll take about ANYTHING. I just come here for the accuracy - and the great people.

-Crys-
who is terribly frustrated that even Aaron Douglas doesn't know Tyrol's first name
Old January 8th, 2004, 07:49 AM   #5
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Pssst. Tyrol is a plant. He's really a continuation character that was caught in a vortex and ended up in the parallel universe: He's a flight mechanic so that he can be close to the ships and plan a way back to where he really belongs--where the characters have one name and no surnames.

Sorry, couldn't resist that. I'm just kidding. The irony of the most-TOS-like character having only one name.....

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

Old January 8th, 2004, 08:04 AM   #6
jewels

Colonial Fleets

https://www.galacticafanfic.com

is Robert's site. emailed him about G03 stories, will let you know what he says.

Old January 8th, 2004, 08:11 AM   #7
larocque6689
Warrior

I asked Robert if his www.galacticafanfic.com site is down. Here is his reply:

Hi John,

No. It just went through a domain renewal. I'm guessing it will take up to 24 hours for the domain name to be reconnected. In the meantime, you can access the page through:
https://server1080.gisol.com/~tigger/bsg-page.html

Hopefully by the end of the day, GalacticaFanfic.com will be active again.
Robert
Old January 8th, 2004, 08:39 AM   #8
jewels

Colonial Fleets

It was working for me so it's just making it's way through propagating around the net, evidently.

Old January 22nd, 2004, 02:27 AM   #9
CrysWimmer

Default Fanfic group...

My apologies if I'm doing something wrong - still not sure what links we're allowed to post and not - but I'm getting kinda desperate. I still haven't been able to find much of a central location for BG2003 fic, and it occurred to me that well, I could always make one. I opened up a group at Yahoo (yeah, I know, but it's free) specifically as a fanfic group. Writers and readers are welcome. I set it up as Adult - more as a just in case of the R stories, because with this dark a topic it's possible - but it's not limited to that at all. If you want to read, or if you'd like a place to post what you write and hopefully get some feedback, please drop by.

https://groups.yahoo.com/group/BG2003-Fanfiction/

Um... thanks, and that's all. Again, apologies if I violated by posting a url - I haven't figured out which ones we can and can't post yet.

Crys
Old January 22nd, 2004, 08:23 AM   #10
jewels

Colonial Fleets

Cris, there's only 1 url I know of that you can't post. And it's only because of the damage the domain owner did to this fandom (he's why the older fans are um, touchy ) When Tommy and I get around to updating the link list, I'll try to get you in it. The Yahoo group is a great idea: and free is a nice thing.

you could also post shorter stories in the creativity section as their own thread, repcisg's done stuff like that with one of his stories. When you add to the story, you add to the thread.

I did get word back from Robert: for now his site is sticking with the original universe....they've been working on a virtual 2nd season for TOS.

Old January 22nd, 2004, 08:33 AM   #11
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Crys,

Sorry about being rather negligient regarding fanfics. It's a subject that I've been thinking about a great deal and I've been working with Tom to have an area set up for them. We won't be doing it, however, until finishing up the forum software upgrade. For now, like Jewels suggested, go ahead and post it in Creativity. I'll let you know, hopefully in the not-too-distant-future, about the new area.

Thanks,

BST
You have come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore .

Children are a message that we send
to a time that we will never see.
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2004, 11:07 PM   #12
somefrigginguy

At the risk of seeming like someone who signed on here for the express purposes fo shameless self promotion...

I have a message board with a fiction forum. Fanfiction of all type (non-erotic) is allowed there. It's fairly new, and there is no underlying theme, so BSG old, new or BSG meets Star Trek and they take on Darth Vader...anyway, it's all good.

You can check it out if you like.
Old January 26th, 2004, 02:33 AM   #13
CrysWimmer

Quote:
Originally posted by jewels

you could also post shorter stories in the creativity section as their own thread, repcisg's done stuff like that with one of his stories. When you add to the story, you add to the thread.

I did get word back from Robert: for now his site is sticking with the original universe....they've been working on a virtual 2nd season for TOS.
Shorter stories... hmmm... define those? Mine aren't novels - but any one is over half-way there. As you can tell from the boards, I'm a very WORDY person - it carries over to my writing. I don't leave much to the reader's imagination in the way of backstory or plot. The shortest is 7 chapters and the current one is 14. The odd part is, I'm the only one I've found that's writing the really long ones, as opposed to the one-shot shorts. Not complaining - anything is better than nothing - but maybe that's the delay. Maybe people are taking their time? I hope!

-Crys-
Old January 26th, 2004, 05:48 PM   #14
callsignfalcon
Warrior

cryswimmer,
I'm a fanfiction writer as well, and I'm going to go check out your fics soon. Most likely, if this goes to series, I'll start an 'epic' fic during a hiatus just because i'm that way... I probably already would have if I didn't already have an 'epic' Btvs fic up and in the middle of it (which desperatly needs updating ) or if school hadn't suddenly become so busy during finals. I hope as well that more writers will write chapter books instead of one shots... though as a bsg03 one shot writer I really have no room to talk.

I wish you and all the other fanfic writers here good luck on ur fics and many grand ideas!

*frowns... i hope that makes sense.... finals have my mind... scrambled >.<*
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote