Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old November 29th, 2003, 11:48 AM   #1
Fallen_Warrior
Just Lost My Cherry!

Default Let's Wait for the Smoke to clear in the Officer's Lounge

Well, I think we've all said it, said it again, and then hit the reset button to only go through it again....and again. I think now it is time to let things run their course. Everyone has done all they can do......that new Mini is going to air regardless....why?....because they were commited from the first day they spent money on it....they past the point of no return long before we even knew about it's existence. Who knows, they may already know it's going to fail, but are just going through the motions to save their own asses when the Big Boys of the Company decide to roll-some-heads. I guess you can't blame them for trying to make it look like their giving it there all...to keep a paycheck coming in for the next project.
With all due respect to everyone here, I think we should ALL watch the new Mini when it premieres. Afterall, the first rule of battle preparedness is, "Know your enemy." Unless you have a Nielson box connected to your TV, it's not going to matter one way or another whether you watch it. Whose going to know? We can't effectively rip it apart if we don't know HOW they are screwing it up. Sure, we know the basics...but there is ALOT more involved in making a series work; dazzling special FX only last for however long they remain on the screen, beyond that, it's all up to how they tell their story. I've got a feeling that, of what they showed us in 'The Lowdown', that's about all there is to it...nothing more as far as gripping drama; just alot of hype. We've all seen this before; 'if you've seen the commercial, you've seen the movie'. How many times have you laid out $7-$8 dollars for a movie that looked good but turned out to be a waste of time. Besides folks, let's keep a few things in mind:

1- The critics, while some like what they've seen, can do a 180 very easily
2- TOS was a PRIMETIME NETWORK production, this is cable...
3- The beauty of science fiction is that, anything can happen; whatever damage they may do can be taken care of later.
and 4) THIS IS CABLE.....IF IT WERE ANY GOOD, THE NETWORKS WOULD HAVE PICKED IT UP

So, really folks, do us and or cause all a favor, WATCH IT ON DEC 8TH....WE NEED TO PREPARE FOR AN EVEN BIGGER BATTLE....STOPPING IT FROM BECOMING A SERIES.......
Fallen_Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2003, 01:18 PM   #2
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

I'm not even worried about that:
Let's just keep them knowing that we want the original series kept alive and we still want a continuation: Keep pointing back to those record setting dvd sales.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2003, 01:48 PM   #3
amberstar
Strike Leader

I'm with Jewels on this, the only battle I'm ready for is fighting for a continuation. We need to show The Powers That BE, that there is still thoes who want more of TOS. Even though it will be a few more years I'm in this for the long haul.

Watch this mini if you want, but when I forced myself to watch the Lowdown it only strengthend my view NOT TO WATCH!

Amberstar
Old November 29th, 2003, 01:54 PM   #4
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

I can honestly say I don't give a rip about the thing on Dec.8.

As Peter said elsewhere - I WANT MY BSG!!!

(That's the REAL BSG, you know.)

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2003, 02:03 PM   #5
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

While we're waiting for the smoke to clear, and seeing we're in the Officers' Club, can someone buy me a large ambrosia?

I just lost a secton's pay betting on some flyboy's new "system"!

Peter

P.S. I want MY BSG!