Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old April 13th, 2003, 12:20 AM   #1
BSGDAN
Shuttle Pilot

Default More False Advertising from SciFi Channel...

:upchuck: Today, a friend at my local comic shop showed me an article in the new issue of the SciFi Channel's magazine (with Wolverine on the cover). It sais "Battlestar Galactica: First Look". I told him that it wasn't about a continuation of the original series. He said, "It sure looks like it from the picture". So, I took a look. What did I see? A CGI image of an original Cylon (close up on the helmet). The red dot is a bit off-center, and the image of a planet is to the left of it (as if reflected in the visor). If I didn't know better, I would have been excited by this image. However, I do know the truth, and this is not representitive of what is being filmed. Why do they continue to do this? First, the red dot and "By Your Command" soundbyte during "Children of Dune", and now this? Ron Moore claims that too few people even remember "Battlestar Galactica" past the title. If that's the case, why use imagery from the original series? The answer is obvious: They know that more people remember the series than they are willing to admit. This is nothing more than a "bait-and-switch" tactic used to lure in fans that don't know any better, only to have them realize too late that what they're watching is not GALACTICA. By that time, their viewership will have been calculated by Nielsen.
This is a shameful plan on the part of Bonnie Hammer, Ron Moore, and David Eick. If they are so confident as to the quality of their production, advertise the truth and drop the original series' images.

Dan
BSGDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2003, 01:16 AM   #2
LordStarFyre
Warrior

Default Dan

...This is because the Heros of some around here are LIARS. Moore has Lied repeatedly, as has Eick. Do we need to go into Ms. "Phasers set for Fun" and her history?

Yet, we'll still see the Moore Defenders around jumping to his defence.
LordStarFyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2003, 11:50 AM   #3
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

When dealing with a tangible product, bait and switch is ILLEGAL. I'm sure they aren't at all concerned about that one...

I won't watch it, but someone should, who has a VCR, do this- tape the advertisements. Then tape the program. If any segment from the advertisements which is presented as a program segment is NOT in the actual show, we will have proof to back the boycotts. I would be happy to draft up a technical letter telling the advertisers how dissapointed we are with their deception and false advertizing.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2003, 09:29 PM   #4
XANATOS

BECAUSE THEY ARE LIEING SCUM
WHO NEED THE B.S. CORE FAN BACE
THAT THEY HAVE BEEN SHI**TING
ON FOR OVER 20 YEARS

XANATOS
Old April 14th, 2003, 12:25 AM   #5
DarkJedi
Bad Email Address

FORUM STAFFVeteran
Fleets Officer

Is nothing sacred to them!?! They will stop at nothing to get the ratings to justify their raping and pillaging of the original show!

I for one will never watch that show!!!!

Kristi
DarkJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2003, 07:22 PM   #6
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

Dan, everyone...

Your input into this thread:
https://www.colonialfleets.com/forums...&threadid=2540

would be MOST helpful and appreciated.

Thanks,
Michael
:colwar:
Old April 14th, 2003, 07:49 PM   #7
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Wow

Man i thought i had strong un-PC views and opinions on this remake thing? BSGDAN as always you say what we think half of the time and only wish we could express in that impressive way!

Hats off to you sir!

KJ