Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 23rd, 2003, 11:14 AM   #1
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
RadioGalactica

Default Audio Continuation casting sheet to be posted

Hi every one and I hope you are enjoying the silly season.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the audio continuation ( The return of a hero ) will resume production first thing in the new year. I'm looking at having it ready for the adding of voice actors some time in February or sooner.

By then, a casting sheet will be posted with the parts and a brief description of the characters. So now is the time to start thinking about the possibility of being apart of this project.

Some have already approached me with some great Ideas and to everyone I say keep them coming. I can't guarantee that they will all get used do to the direction this project is taking but how ever, I can guarantee all will be looked at and considered for how it might fit. Keep your thoughts coming in our direction because this is a fan project by the fans for the fans. If you have any questions at all, You can contact either Darrell or I and I promise one of us will get back to you. Stay tuned and thanks for your interest.

T. Shawn Hardy AKA OWD

OWD
oldwardaggit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2003, 09:19 PM   #2
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

I'm interested in doing some voice work
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2003, 04:57 PM   #3
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

Cool.
Either I or Darrell will keep everyone informed on how things are going. I'm looking to put a run on it as soon as Jan 1 hits.
Right now we are discusing some Idea's and have made some decisions but until the silly season is over, not a great deal will be done.

Thanks Sept17th

OWD

OWD
Old December 26th, 2003, 08:14 PM   #4
admiralmcknight
Shuttle Pilot

Re: Audio Continuation casting sheet to be posted

Quote:
Originally posted by oldwardaggit
Hi every one and I hope you are enjoying the silly season.

I just wanted to let everyone know that the audio continuation ( The return of a hero ) will resume production first thing in the new year. I'm looking at having it ready for the adding of voice actors some time in February or sooner.

By then, a casting sheet will be posted with the parts and a brief description of the characters. So now is the time to start thinking about the possibility of being apart of this project.

T. Shawn Hardy AKA OWD

If at all possible, I can do some voice work and audio editing... got SF 5.0 and Premiere 6.5 to do this. Can also help with script writing and editing. Really want to be a part of this!

Old December 26th, 2003, 08:28 PM   #5
amberstar
Strike Leader

This is great news! Thank you!
Amberstar
Old December 26th, 2003, 08:39 PM   #6
BSG_Sci_FiPulse
Warrior

SciFiPulse.net

Count me in there matey. I have some stage experience, and can manipulate my voice a little. However you would probably best casting me as a villain.

Yes I know it is a shameless plug but I am the one that has to live with it.
BSG_Sci_FiPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2003, 06:54 PM   #7
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

admiralmcknight
I'm using cool edit pro myself.
Personally I don't mind if some one else such as your self wants to do some editing, writing or what have you.

Darrell is sitting in the directors chair for the most part so any decisions have to be approved by him also. It was Darrell's decision to use real voices.

Part 2 will be a little more open because with voice actors to interact with the voice pieces from the original actors that I got from the show, less restrictions are needed.

The easiest way that I find to work with others is through ICQ. That way one person can send wavs or MP3s to another and work on it. If your on ICQ , send me a privet message here with your ICQ number and I will add you to my list.

Ian my friend, the same goes for you if your on ICQ, drop me a line. I think I might already have you on MSN.

amberstar
Your welcome.

The plan is to put a computer voice in the roll of the actors that will be interacting with the voices of the original actors for now.
Then after Darrell and I know what the interaction and lines will be, then the lines will be written down for each character and the casting will be done.

After the voice work is done, then it will replace the computer voices and it will be edited in to fit perfectly.

OWD

OWD
Old December 28th, 2003, 08:01 PM   #8
BSG_Sci_FiPulse
Warrior

SciFiPulse.net

OWD am not with ICQ anymore, don't trust that software to many holes. I am still on MSN but only have it turned on periodically just for file transfer.

Yes I know it is a shameless plug but I am the one that has to live with it.
BSG_Sci_FiPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2004, 04:09 PM   #9
oldwardaggit
You old war daggit!

RadioGalactica

That's cool Ian because I'm on MSN too and we can figure something out.

Here is an up date.
I just laid out 3 scenes and all they need is the voice actors, sound effects and music.

One part that has been written is the part of a sports announcer for a game of tryad but I imagine it will be changed a bit because its only the first draft so that will be part of the casting call in Feb.

Anyone ever dream of announcing a sports event with great enthusiasm? this may be your chance.

One of the other scenes is based on a meeting of the council of 12 but there again things might get changed because Darrell is sitting in the directors chair for most of this thing and may want to take some what of a different approach with these scenes.

OWD

OWD