Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 7th, 2003, 01:36 AM   #1
Baltar
On Vacation...

Default I'm frightened!

I had a really scary thought. The new show goes ahead as planned and becomes a big hit, warts and all.

Then, as the years roll by, we are subjected to season after season of this shlock. The Galactica finds Earth, Starbuck and her recently gender- reassigned friend Apollo investigate on flying motorcycles....

New BBs spring up praising the show and a full scale war erupts between the TOS and remake boards! Ron Moore makes millions. Season 14 is announced....

Someone: SLAP ME!!!

Mike
Baltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2003, 02:23 AM   #2
michaelfaries
Great Honored Warrior (ret.)
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFather of BG websites
BattlestarGalactica.com(ret)
BattlestarPegasus.com(ret)

__SLAP___

Whadd'ya doin'? Snap outta it!

And we thought "Galactica 1980" was a bad dream... Oy!

Michael
:colwar:
michaelfaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2003, 03:41 AM   #3
Baltar
On Vacation...

OUCH! Thanks Michael :P

In honour of the great Galactica 1980, I shall now change my avatar. I will sleep better now knowing that G:80 wasn't THAT bad after all.

Mike
Baltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2003, 11:34 AM   #4
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

I think I'll sleep less knowing that avatar is actually being used... (lol!) It has actually come to this... so sad...

Michael
Old January 7th, 2003, 02:11 PM   #5
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

At this point, I'd even support a continuation of Galactica:1980. Can you say Commander Troy and Colonel Dillon? This would be the lesser of two evils, I guess. Okay, someone slap me. LOL
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2003, 03:25 PM   #6
michaelfaries
BG Fandom Leader (ret.)

___SLAP____

I really must stop doing that...

Michael
Old January 7th, 2003, 09:13 PM   #7
BSG_Sci_FiPulse
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIAOwner/Webmaster
SciFiPulse.net

Lmao at the both of you.

My views on this, well there mixed. While like the rest of you I would like to see a continuation, I would like to see more deph added to the characters. Give them more problems and more hassles, make them fuller and richer, have a few antiheros in the cast to add some balance. I think Richard has achieved this to a point in his books. So I would like to see more of this.

As to the sexual content, well keep it clean. Although here in the UK a Handjob on screen in the way that it is depicted in Ron Moores script is what would be called light viewing. I would not like to see explicit sexual content in Galactica. My reasons are simple, I was a mere 5 years old when I got into Science Fiction television and although in many things sex was alluded to very subtly, it was not to the extent that I felt that I could not watch. Well you get the picture, it was not in anyway gratuitious, as in there was a relationship storie to back it up. Such as Starbuck and Cassiopia, Steve Austin and Jamie Sommers. Yes I was a fan of the Six Million Dollor Man as well so shoot me.

My views on the Millitery, Michael am inclined to disagree on a few points you made here. Television to many is about escapism, so it does not neccesarily have to portray the millitery in the same mannor as the millitery is actually run. However I do tend to think that the Starbuck Striking Tigh issue in the script was a little forced. But in a stressful situation i.e the destruction of the colonies I could actually envisage things breaking down to a point where decipline would sort of dissipate a little. So you points are valid in peace time, but in stressful situation I think you could stretch the creative license a little. Example Trays from Richards book Ressurection is a good case in point here.

As to the women to men ratio, I do not like this. If I had written the script I would have kept Starbuck and Boomer as males. And kept Athena and Cassiopia on the show. I would probably have given Athena a beefier role as well, sort of given her more command maybe as a pilot and a millitary adviser to the civillian populace and an aid to Adama.

With Cassiopia, I would have probably kept her as a socialater for awhile and explored her progression a little more. As in had her intern with the DR as a nurse while continuing her work as a socialater to support her studies, and by about episode six or seven she would be a fully qualified medtec within the fleet and supporting herself in that role while studying for a docterate.

As to Laura Roslin, I actually like this character. And feel that she is one of the more positive things in the remake. However I would have found a way in utilising her without taking too much away from Adama.

In regards to the space scenes, no ambiant noise of soundtrack. Am not sure about that aspect at all. I like hearing the engines and the noises, it adds to the action and the epic feel of a Sci Fi show.

Anyway those are my personaly likes and dislikes broken down as honestly as I can give them.

As to anything else right now, well am working on projects outside of the website so please bare with me. I will be trying to post more on Galactica including stuff that has been sent my way and I have on file. So if you are one of the few people that has E-Mailed me about something related I will get round to it. I have all emails regarding Galactica saved as new messages to remind me ok so again bear with me.

Thanks

Ian

Yes I know it is a shameless plug but I am the one that has to live with it.
BSG_Sci_FiPulse is offline   Reply With Quote