Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old September 10th, 2006, 10:05 PM   #1
Sarika
Strike Leader

Question Would Noah Hathaway still play the part of Boxy?

I was curious if Noah Hathaway would still be interested to play the part of a grown up Boxy if TOS of B.G were to be given the opportunity to continue ?
And what of Maren Jenson? I read somewhere that she suffered from a rare illness in recent yahrens, would she still have played her original part too, given the chance?

The Last Piscon Siress

HSH Princess Sarika Her Highness' MySpace
Sarika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 06:17 AM   #2
CaptainTux
Warrior

Noah is into real estate and whatnot now but I have heard he will pop into conventions once in awhile. He might pick it up for giggles. Maren, I doubt we would see her on screen again. There may be some fans here that know her and have different information, though.

Tux
CaptainTux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2006, 07:42 AM   #3
KJ
Strike Leader

Noah Hathaway a great guy, kinda quiet and all but likable. Saw'em last year, he's into cons in a way and might do them now and then. ya know. I did hear him and Richard Hatch talk to each other about DeSanto's Galactica when i brought the topic up etc. But one conversation doesn't makeit certain he'd comeback for role in a continuation however.

If it were possibe i'd like to see it happen however. Long as Boxey was a regular Colonial Warrior with a smaller role though? I just love Tom DeSanto's take on Galactica mostly, but his idea that the fleet was led by Boxey as Orin and Sheba commanded the Pegasus is kinda a rather forced concept for random reasons included as an easter egg* for fans rather than a logical continuity of events that would'e happened over the course of 25-30 yahrens since the original series. Noah's acting in a big budget production movie after so many years might not win over the next generation of newcomers in the theatrical audiences these days or be considered great enough to be either the main star or supporting co-star to hold and carry a continuation picture like a Battlestar Galactica definately would be like.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fandom (*)

Noah Hathaway would be a great addition mind you. Like Herbert Jefferson Jr, he's quite physically buff for his age! Mainly due to his experience and hobby as a kickboxer. I've heard he trains "Airline Stewards" self defence, so he does keep himself busy. So at least a BG continuation would have a real tough guy in their ranks. He also has many tatoos on his body and all. Heh, guess the makeup department would have a hard time covering them up.

As for Maren Jensen. I didn't know she had an illness, however i do know she hasn't been seen in anything much since Battlestar Galactica. I feel she should be included in a new continuation, certainly would make Hollywood seem like they actually give a crap about actors who once worked hard for them etc. She might be in a position to ask for a lot of money if fans wanted nobody but her back in the Athena role. Heck we would've wanted her back for the 2nd season of Galactica since there has been rumors of her being replaced by another actress or the even weirder rumor of Larson replacing her with a man via a "sex change"? Thank god those are just wacky fan rumors that developed over the years though.

I'd hope just like Star Trek before it. That a Battlestar Galactica revival movie would have all surviving stars back in some believable capacity in several BG based continuation movies! realistically i think both Marsen Jensen and Noah Hathaway would have minor small roles, but long as they are there in powerfully written stuff even for a short time period and their presence plays a major role in any future story, yeah i'd love to see it happen!

Hell Athena's supposed to be one of the main characters (Adama's daughter), so certainly her role would have to effect a Galactica continuation on many levels in a big way.

KJ
Old September 11th, 2006, 10:19 PM   #4
Sarika
Strike Leader

Most interesting gentlemen, thanks for your knowlegde.

The Last Piscon Siress

Old September 12th, 2006, 08:55 AM   #5
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Tom DeSanto did talk to Noah early on when he was in the process of reviving the real Battlestar Galactica. But, as odd as it may seem, Noah really wasn't right for the part. Orin was going to be portrayed as a JFK-type, actually older than Noah is now, with grown children of his own. Noah's been out of the acting game for quite awhile as well.

-Edward James Olmos
AlternityOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 09:18 AM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

This is what bugs me. DeSanto concepts were really fantastic but some of the things he was planning to do wasn't perfect in my mind. Didn't he say it was around 25 or so years (yahrens) after the original series. Boxey/Orin would have to be a pretty young JFK type to be leader the Galactica and have his private life with his wife and whatnot etc. Fans have often joked for years that they don't want to see 20 year old 30 year old commanders of a Battlestar in a revival, and i'd have to agree as it would seem very out of place, no way would it happen in the real military (Navy branch) so why in a fictional universe?

Yeah your right about Noah being out of the acting game for so long that he wouldn't match a current revamped Galactica incarnation per se. But even so should the series be revived on the big screen as a set of movies. Noah Hathaway deserves to be seen in a minor small grown up 'Boxey' role for continuity sakes and for closure reasons!

Galactica to be honest could've so easily been revived like Star Trek, that its so annoying that the TPTB at Universal couldn't see this and screwed us over twice over with Richard Hatch's and Singer and DeSanto versions of a new BG!

KJ
Old September 12th, 2006, 11:43 AM   #7
cobrastrikelead
Bad Email Address

It'd be decent to see it happen.
cobrastrikelead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 10:41 PM   #8
Sarika
Strike Leader

Battlestar Galactica 1978

I agree Lord KIngjason, it is bugs me too that we were screwed over for the possibility of a quenching of TOS of B.G continuence, with our beloved original actors, original tone, style and feel of the legendary show we all got caught under it's spell yahrens ago and still are!

What I feel sad about is, though I only came to know about it recently, is how much heart and soul, not to mention blood, sweat and tears that the wonderful Richard Hatch put into trying to make that happen for us, as well as for his own passion for it!

But we must keep the faith it WILL happen one day.

Great to hear your thoughts, all!

The Last Piscon Siress

Old September 13th, 2006, 10:28 AM   #9
JLHurley
Warrior

<sniff> I'm sure not holding my breath for a BG continuation, but I'll hold onto the faith to my dying day.
Old September 13th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #10
CaptainTux
Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarika
What I feel sad about is, though I only came to know about it recently, is how much heart and soul, not to mention blood, sweat and tears that the wonderful Richard Hatch put into trying to make that happen for us, as well as for his own passion for it!

But we must keep the faith it WILL happen one day.

Great to hear your thoughts, all!
Funny you mention Hatch's efforts. It was around 2000 that I learned of Hatch's efforts and I took part in the letter writing campaign.

In 2001 or 2002, I think it was 2002, I learned of the online communities. Been hanging out ever since.....after I proved myself as not being a clone

Tux
Old September 14th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #11
Sarika
Strike Leader

GLad you realised you're not a clone, Tux...not sure I understand what you mean thar... but good to know.

I 'm also happy to know you took part in the written campaign a few yahrens ago...it's a sacred duty to be involved actively ,on whatever scale, with something we believe in.

As for Richard Hatch, it may be obvious I simply think highly of the man. He's adorable, and an amazing human being, accomplished in many things, and a wise soul with much to offer to our global community. Human streaming is vital for a better world, on any level, to encourage the human evolving and growth, as an individual, as a famiy, as a community, nation, civilization and race.

That was deep....time for a roll in the skies again to even it all out....

I'm thrilled to be a part of this colonial family too, and I'm a real late comer!

The Last Piscon Siress

Old September 14th, 2006, 06:25 AM   #12
CaptainTux
Warrior

Clone....ancient history forum speak.

Yes, I have noticed you are a fan of Mr Hatch. Trying to make the world a better place is important. Too many of us allow life's events to make us bitter and jaded. I have found sci fi fans to be more optimistic and idealistic. Me? Suffice it to say life has hammered me and in my path I have seen the worst humanity has to offer and the worst I have to offer has always been held at bay. If what I have experienced was all there was for me, if this was all that life could be, I would not be able to go on. Life has to be better than this, society has to be better than this, we as a culture have to be better. There is an ideal. Being an idealist gives one a goal, a target. Even if I never see it, at least I aimed for something. At least I gave my last breath clawing and scratching for it never giving up hope that it is there. At least I lived my life on the high road and left this dump a little cleaner than it was when I get here. At least I (hopefully) will have inspired my daughter to be greater than the sum of her parts and know love and have a strong foundation laid to build whatever kind of life she wants for herself.

Tux
Old September 14th, 2006, 09:33 AM   #13
KJ
Strike Leader

Hopefully the new comic books by Dynamite Press will inspire many new fans as well as older fans to write once more for a continuation or get involved in fandom on some level once again.

As it was the Maximum Press comics over a decade ago that inspired me to write to their company and praise their attempts at a comeback in the comics and wish for a revival on TV, even as far back then. Now that we know Glen Larson owns the theatrical film rights only, hopefully he'll do something with them along with Tom DeSanto or another worthy "fantical" but wise well known and sensible Galactica producer in the next 5 years give or take (crossing fingers for it to be Joel Silver?), before its all too late?!

KJ
Old September 15th, 2006, 01:19 AM   #14
Sarika
Strike Leader

Wink Revival Battlestar Galactica

You know, gentlemen, I was recently watching the documentary bonus feature that came with my complete series set of TOS of B.G, and listening to Glen Larson's feelings of the show being so memorable to him(not to metion the actors' deep fond memories of it as well), he sounded indeed sad that he didn't get the chance to further develop the stories of B.G, due to the show being so abrubtly cancelled.

It makes me truly wonder why he hasn't done something about it, if he feels so strongly about it.

Why didn't he jump all over the chance when Richard Hatch went to the trouble of the 45min trailer of the "Second Coming"????

Was it just because he only considered Hatch to be just an actor, with not much more entailed?

I think wonders could have been created if they teamed up , along with Tom de Santo, and the likes of, with good producers.

It must happen, it must happen....I believe that the dreams we put out in the form of our thoughts and fondest wishes into the universe, it will be returned in manifestation on earth. Keep Believing!

The Last Piscon Siress

Old September 15th, 2006, 06:25 PM   #15
KJ
Strike Leader

Met the man last year (15 months ago roughly) so i can't bad mouth him as he was indeed a gentleman. But even with his good intentions perhaps over time he has changed too much i don't know? I believe HE wants to see a a Galactica continuation, but when even his fellow Galactica actors have their doubts about his ability to do so, it kinda raises eye browses everywhere you know.

He owns the film copyrights so nothing's going to happen without his say so on the matter. And we don't know how many zeros are on that cheque book slip he gets from the Sci-Fi channel per episode based on the re-imagaining etc cos of his screen credit i'm told he HAD to have due o him being creator of the original series. But it must be enough to keep him in business along with his other business ventures. So yeah i hope he is planning something or planning a meeting with Tom DeSanto.

30 years, boy its taken 3 times as long as Star Trek's original cast did to get revived. But if its ever going to happen it truly needs to do so really soon within the next couple of short years to come by 2010 or so? Otherwise i say fandom did its best and their no shame knowing fans out there along with casual sci-fi buffs and the curious few, did their absolute best, trying ever so much to convince ignorant ego power-mad executives on just how much hundreds of multi-million dollars flew by them cos Battlestar Galactica wasn't revived as a continuation movie franchise! At the end of the day, its brought many people together and fans are practically producing their own Galactica's in various forms.

Fans will make their own movies out of their own money for other fans and the general audiences out there (its already happening?). And when Universal Studios doesn't see one 'red cent' of the potential cash this "Sleeping Juggernaut" of a giant was truly caperble of producing, who really lost out huh?

KJ
Old September 15th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #16
Sarika
Strike Leader

Appreciate your insight on this Lord KingJason, I like hearing about it.

Indeed it's a sleeping giant, and perhaps as naive as it may sound, but I believe sleeping giants are awoken eventually, and justly so.

The Last Piscon Siress