Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 28th, 2003, 02:27 PM   #1
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Censorship on the other Bboard?

Seems with all the talk goings on, the other board is shuting up posters because of their replies to the sicking Remake news. They can ignore common sense and make the fans look bad but can't take a bloody nose in return. Spineless turkeys removed The3rdhuman's replies and mine (for a moment) but wasn't what, some of us said honest reactions to their backstabing by egomaniacs running the revival of a series we wish to see treated right from the get go.

Wimps to hell with the TPTB and to hell with their crappy decisions. what do we do now. Petitions won't work so now what? Any suggestions from anyone. Posting and writing letters now feels like it was all in vain. surely we can get one small little victory somehow right.

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2003, 02:43 PM   #2
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Shallow Victory

LKJ they haven't won anything for the simple reason I can't see this new show being a smashing success. It has none of the magic of the original and insults the fans who remember the original BG.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2003, 02:55 PM   #3
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

KJ,

Check the article at the website below:

custom.marketwatch.com/custom/excite-com/news-story.asp?guid={46370025-E351-4D9B-88FA-84C6BDBCDCD2}&alias=/ht/nw

While this article is NOT DIRECTLY production-related, sometimes the actions of the "parent" affects the actions of the "children". Sometimes what the "children" want to do is put on hold until the "parent" is finished conducting 'their' business. I truly think that there are some very big storm clouds brewing and about to move in over HammerMoore. They're not as comfortably situated in the 'cat-bird' seat as they would like their legion of followers to believe.

My gut feeling is that there is a 50-50 chance that the rug is going to be pulled out from under HammerMoore. IMHO, the best option may be to bypass Sci-Fi & Universal and go straight to Vivendi-Universal with our "grievances" regarding why this 're-make' effort would not be in their best interest.

We may have to change tactics a bit, less emphasis on the 'show elements' and more emphasis on the 'financial aspects', i.e., return on investment. With a built-in fanbase as large as ours, we are also a built-in customer base for the sale of the collectible items -- DVDs, video / board games, etc. Granted, this has been stated ad infinitum, but only 'recently' has Vivendi landed in financial straits.

Perhaps if we hit them on the 'bottom line', we might have a better of getting their attention and swaying the 50-50 chance more in our direction.

Just some random thoughts.

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2003, 03:08 PM   #4
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Quote:
Originally posted by BST
KJ,

bypass Sci-Fi & Universal and go straight to Vivendi-Universal with our "grievances" regarding why this 're-make' effort would not be in their best interest.

We may have to change tactics a bit, less emphasis on the 'show elements' and more emphasis on the 'financial aspects', i.e., return on investment. With a built-in fanbase as large as ours, we are also a built-in customer base for the sale of the collectible items -- DVDs, video / board games, etc. Granted, this has been stated ad infinitum, but only 'recently' has Vivendi landed in financial straits.

BST

I like, smart thinking. This is not over!
Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2003, 03:20 PM   #5
Erzengel

I find it odd that there's alot of information being put through sources but no announcements by universal to make it all official. Feels like a game to me.
Old March 28th, 2003, 03:32 PM   #6
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Heh heh Good!!!

Excellent quote

Quote:
My gut feeling is that there is a 50-50 chance that the rug is going to be pulled out from under HammerMoore.
I damn well hope so, Michael Faries did say something going down in mid april didn't he. So i hope this is the bomb shell of all bomb shells to turn this around.

KJ

Old March 28th, 2003, 04:00 PM   #7
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

Exclamation

Why are we talking about what goes on at other Bborads here at CF

AGAIN!?

I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today -- my own government....
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~

I can hear God saying to America: “You are too arrogant! If you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power!"
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2003, 05:51 PM   #8
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Hito,

By your reply, I couldn't tell if you had checked out the link. It's a news article about Vivendi's intention to keep all of the Universal properties -- TV, movies, theme parks, etc together in either a sale or spin-off.

Hopefully, I didn't misunderstood the rule about cross-posting. I had interpreted the rule as not cross-posting "inflammatory messages" from other bboards, in an attempt to disrupt the normal tranquility of this forum.

I didn't think that the rule was violated by passing along the news. I thought that the article was appropriate to the overall discussion about BSG and its ultimate destination.

Please accept my apologies if I crossed the line.

BST
Old March 28th, 2003, 05:57 PM   #9
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Quote:
Originally posted by Hito
Why are we talking about what goes on at other Bborads here at CF

AGAIN!?
Agreed.

FYI, KJ, certain expletives on the scifi bbd automatically remove posts; it does have a profanity filter. I know what 3rdhuman said last night. Still smoking from the stray sparks of the expolsion. So wash you mouth out with soap first & then go post something very articulate. LOL, I'm kidding you, have no idea what might have been the content of your post. It's scifi, they have a lousy system anyway.

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2003, 06:05 PM   #10
KJ
Strike Leader

Default Just wanted to inform others of news

What Jewel and JST said! No cursing was intented just a realistic reaction to the news and Sci-fi and Universal's ignorant snub of the series comeback.

Frustrations thats all it was.
Old March 28th, 2003, 06:18 PM   #11
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

I don't think it's about the nature of the linked post, BST. Seems cool to me. It's just the "Censorship on the other bboard" title- there's nothing we can do about it here, and would rather not make a place for an instant argument, just add water. IMHO, anyway.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2003, 06:27 PM   #12
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Micheleh,

Thanks for the response...just wanted to clarify.

Keepin' the Faith,

BST
Old March 28th, 2003, 10:03 PM   #13
KJ
Strike Leader

Default The Battle for Galactica continues

Well i must say i feel very opinionated about the sudden policing of the boards. three times or more i've put back my posts and i'm sticking by my guns. They let a hold lot worse go on their and there not gonna pick on me or anyone here so as long as were posting to help each other in posts or share opinion on matters i stick by anyone who got any fight left in them to go what little good we can do on the boards regarding BG.

KJ
Old March 28th, 2003, 10:27 PM   #14
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

BST:
Information crossposting is fine yeah.
But discussions about the policies of other forums is a no no.

If you dont like Sci-Fi screw them.
Come here and chill with friends and fans.
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2003, 05:39 AM   #15
the3rdhuman
Bad Email Address

Default I said a bad word

Still very upset and refuse to participate in any other board but this one. Not sure if there is really anything to get excited about regarding Galactica.
the3rdhuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2003, 11:15 AM   #16
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Another Chance for a Cheap Plug

Hey, here's a chance for a cheap plug!!!

I made the board at https://pub99.ezboard.com/bthecylonalliance just so folks COULD do this sort of thing without trashing up other boards. Go there, start a thread, and let loose.

Hito, any problem with folks posting the link to a thread there over here when they have some issue. That way people know they want to talk about it but it doesn't flood this board with the issues and you don't have to decide what is an isn't over the line.

Two-Brain
TwoBrainedCylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2003, 11:06 PM   #17
siress13
Bad Email Address

Looks like your right about censoring

Your posts from the scifi bboard have been purged.
I can't find any from kingjason on the scifi from today.

I really don't like censorship and it seems pervasive in todays America.
siress13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2003, 09:44 AM   #18
KJ
Strike Leader

Default It's Moriah X

It's her alright, but we can't dicuss the hold subject here as you well know. I will PM you my reasons soon, as to why Siress?
Old March 30th, 2003, 12:23 PM   #19
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default An Overlooked Board !!

There is one board that is often overlooked and is just as friendly as Colonial Fleets. The board is at https://forums.battlestargalacticaclub.com and is run by Starship Trooper.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote