Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old July 15th, 2003, 05:06 PM   #1
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Sci-Fi Modeling

Now I am no modeler but i did find a site dedicated to it at https://culttvman.com/index2.html There is even a page dedicated to BG. Here is another link. https://culttvman.com/carlos_zangrand...lactica_m.html

Enjoy.

The Fish.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2003, 06:12 PM   #2
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Thanks for sharing, kingfish.
I'm not a modeler either but, those were nice to look at!!

BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2003, 06:28 PM   #3
SeoulWind

There are a lot of talented SF modelers out there who have done wonderful work on the Monogram BSG kits.

Here are some shots of my first Viper: https://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.a...lbum_id=115253

It's not perfect, but I like it A Cylon raider and another Viper are in the works. I'm toying with the possibilty of doing a 1/2 studio scale galactica as well, or perhaps a bit smaller...

Monogram's Galactica kits were probably the best styrene SF kits of their day (with the exception of the Galactica herself)...

Mark Snyder
Seoul, Korea

PS: Check out the reader gallery at www.starshipmodeler.com and the SF gallery at www.pcmodeler.com for more great Galactica built-ups!
Old July 15th, 2003, 07:02 PM   #4
The Blue Mule
Warrior

Hi All!

Hi Soulwind(great name) your Viper looks wonderful! Great Work!!
I am a model builder as well, now I am building semi trucks, always had a passion for trucks.(enthusist and I love to design my own rigs), I even wanted to persue that career until I went with a friend of the family who was a truck driver. I spent all day with him all over NJ doing his rounds.I was exhausted buy the end of the day.

I decided working in an animation studio would be better suited for me,I did have the opportunity to go to Korea for MTV animation, but I had my plans to go to Japan and look for work there. Luckliy that trip worked out. A friend of mine who did go to Soul Korea was there for 2 or 3 years ( I think) working for Plus One an animation studio. He said he had a blast, many many "Weird" occurrences.
Keep up that good work on the modeling!

Laters!

Rich
Old July 15th, 2003, 09:22 PM   #5
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

I saw this thread and couldn't resist. I remember purchasing both the Viper and Raider kits back in '78. The best thing about these kits were that even if you built then straight out of the box, it took very little in the way of detailing to make them good. I wasn't too skilled with "weathering", so my models always had that "clean" look to them. I only wish that I had hung on to them over the years.

I never did purchase the Galactica or BaseStar models back then as I was dissapointed with the quality of the tooling of those kits. I do have the newer releases of the Viper & Galactica kits and plan on buying the detailing kits for both so they will measure up to the level of detailing that I like to see on a model.

If I only had the time.....!

My best to all,
Bryan
________
LovelyWendie99
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote