Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 21st, 2003, 02:48 PM   #1
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Default If the NIGHTMARE comes to pass..

and by that, I mean if Moore's vision gets the go-ahead and is produced then, I will go to my local florist and make a purchase. I will buy a single red rose, contemplate the past glories of Battlestars Galactica and Pegasus as well as the Rag Tag Fleet and then, bid that old friend a fond farewell. For me, my friend will have died well before its time but, will be gone nonetheless.

The re-make will hold for me nothing but utter contempt. It will fill a very small and VERY COLD part of my heart. It will be a pain that I will carry with me for a long time. Even though there have been recent postings regarding "compromise with the old guard", these have mainly come from people who were afraid (of losing something they never had). If Moore's vision comes to pass, my soul will be seething for vengeance even though I know it is sinful. I will be ready to serve "a dish that is best served cold". And I will.

I will not watch the re-make (not even out of curiousity). You see, if what I remember (TOS) is destroyed, I will not be the least bit curious about what follows it.

I will make every effort to purchase products from a competitor of whatever sponsors purchase commercial time for this venture. I will not patronize a company that does not share my values about what makes decent and viewable television fare, suitable for the entire family.

I will make every effort to convince as many people as possible, through word of mouth, and possibly via the written word, to take the same steps as I.

I will make every effort to view only those TV/Theatrical products that are produced by competitors of Universal and the SCI-FI network. In fact, I will write letters of support to companies such as Viacom, that are very much interested in getting into the Sci-Fi market. This genre needs some competition. Maybe then, you wouldn't have people like Ron Moore, Bonnie Hammer, and company telling people where to "get their popcorn" and making other holier than thou comments.

As you can see, I will wage my own "Private Little War" on the re-make. Many of you, my friends from afar, have echoed the same sentiment. I thank you for your foresight and will do my best not to disappoint YOU.

I truly am sorry to be speaking in these tones and for that, to the true Warriors that feel the same way about BSG, I apologize. You may tell me that I have no need to apologize and for that, in advance, I thank you. I am just sorry that I am forced to have these types of feelings due to events that are beyond my control.

I am very passionate in my affection for the ORIGINAL Battlestar Galactica. I want to see the show returned to its original glory. I want to see what eventually happens to the friends that I last saw in the Hand of God. I want to see the rest of THEIR story told. A truly fabulous story was begun in 1978. I want to see it CONTINUED. I don't want to see what I care so much about dragged through the mud, grime, and filth of "reality" in a shot-in-the-dark attempt to get a new audience. That is exactly what Ron and Bonnie will do if they get the go-ahead.

I will close by saying thank you, my friends, for leading this fight for years before I arrived. I will add my voice to your chorus. I will do whatever I can to support a return of TOS. I will, also, do whatever I can do to protest the re-make/re-imagining.

Some folks may call me a "retro". Fine. It would be an accurate description, according to Merriam-Webster:

Main Entry: ret·ro
Pronunciation: 're-(")trO
Function: adjective
Etymology: French rétro, short for rétrospectif retrospective
Date: 1974
fashionably nostalgic or old-fashioned

I will sign off, for now but, I will not be silent.

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2003, 03:08 PM   #2
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default Old School Galactican

That is how I think of myself. I also am in favor of change, that is ship designs, uniforms, and set design. I liked the bridge design done by Ken. I even liked the new Cylon centurion designs I have seen.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2003, 01:09 PM   #3
Belloby
Bad Email Address

Default Re: Old School Galactican

I do feel your pain. I too am heartbroken by what they are about to do, but I know I have no power to stop it. I will however will not watch it nor buy any products associated with BSG...the same thing I have vowed to do with ENT. Maybe that will send a message.

I'll watch my old BSG DVDs till the suckers wear out. And I suggest you do the same.

Long Live Starbuck, Apollo and Boomer (all three as men)!
Belloby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2003, 06:05 PM   #4
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

This may seem a bit far-fetched, but whaddya think?

If Moore's 'messy-series' does see the light of day and manages to worm its way onto TV, why don't we ALL watch something else those nights.

What I mean is for ALL of us (or as many of us as possible) to watch the SAME something else, on TV, those nights.

We could decide via a poll on either a particular show, each night, or maybe a particular network (regardless of what is being shown). Then, spread the word throughout the fanbase and beyond.

Hell, I'd rather watch a documentary about aardvarks (Sorry aardvark lovers!) than Moore's 'piece of work' ('work' is too kind a word).

Like I said, it's far-fetched, but if this POS is going to be aired, I don't want to just sit back and reminisce, I want (US) to make one final, non-mistakeable statement. Even if it winds up being an epitaph then, we should go out in a blaze of glory!

They may ignore the forums, they CAN'T ignore the ratings!

Think about it.

BST
Old March 27th, 2003, 06:24 PM   #5
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Default I Love the Idea!

Unless we have Neilson Boxes it won't matter. I was thinking, after we get the offical word about "what" we're getting, to have us post about what ever show we watched that night and do it every night of the mini. I mean get the word out, have people on mass posting at Sci-Fi how they loved West Wing or what ever that night.

Let them enjoy their Tennie Trekie's numbers.

Another Film Maker
Sept17th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2003, 06:31 PM   #6
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Sept 17th,

Know anybody that has one (a Neilson box)? ha ha
Love your idea about the 'mass-posting' !

It's a shame that we couldn't have a full-page AD in every major newspaper warning the viewing public of the trash that they're about to see!

BST
Old March 27th, 2003, 06:41 PM   #7
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Default I Don't Believe This is Over

Unless the Mooron Re-Trashing is an absoulte smash hit I don't think this is over. Continuation won't be easy...what Battlestar fight has been? Some one will take this up and do it right.

No, I don't know any one with a box, dang.

We'll rest for right now but this is not over.

Another Film Maker
Old March 27th, 2003, 06:49 PM   #8
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

The only problem is how bad they poisoned the water.
It may be easier to fight the Cylons!

(I love your spirit, you've almost got me believing in miracles!)

BST
Old March 27th, 2003, 07:04 PM   #9
siress13
Bad Email Address

Default They would love the publicity

The more you warn the American public about trash on Tv, the more they will watch.

Your best bet is to remain silent and hope it goes away.
Although, you will watch out of the human need to verify that they are right.

All the hate towards this production will make the hit of the year!
siress13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2003, 07:14 PM   #10
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Default Yes My Dear, You are So Right...

I will say nothing about this production, and what a shame because all of us Battlestar Galactica fans after 25 years would have really talked it up. Free advertising Bonnie "broomstick" Hammer would of loved it. I will stay silent...untill this mess is over.

Nothing changes this fact Continuation=Original Fan Base+Young New Fans

Moore Re-Trashing=Young Disguntled Trekkies.

Another Film Maker
Old March 27th, 2003, 07:45 PM   #11
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Siress13 and Sept17th,

I was so busy venting that I forgot that little truth.
Thanks for getting me back on course and for listening.

BST