Go Back   Colonial Fleets > REJUVENATION CENTER > Galactica Cafe
Notices
Galactica Cafe A place to socialize and have fun!

Old April 19th, 2009, 11:22 PM   #2311
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Default Re: Clean joke of the day.

The Right to Bare Arms

A lawyer defending a man accused of burglary tried this creative defense:

"My client merely inserted his arm into the window and removed a few trifling articles. His arm is not himself, and I fail to see how you can punish the whole individual for an offense committed by his limb."

"Well put," the judge replied. "Using your logic, I sentence the defendant's arm to one year's imprisonment. He can accompany it or not, as he chooses."

The defendant smiled. And, with his lawyer's assistance, he detached his artificial limb, laid it on the bench and walked out.
Damocles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #2312
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

The Snake and the Rabbit

A snake and a rabbit were racing along a pair of intersecting forest pathways one day, when they collided at the point where the pathways meet. They immediately began to argue with one another as to who was at fault for the mishap.

When the snake remarked that he had been blind since birth, and thus should be given additional leeway, the rabbit said that he, too, had been blind since birth. The two animals then forgot about the collision and began commiserating concerning the problems of being blind.

The snake said that his greatest regret was the loss of his identity. He had never been able to see his reflection in water, and for that reason did not know exactly what he looked like, or even what he was. The rabbit declared that he had the same problem. Seeing a way that they could help each other, the rabbit proposed that one feel the other from head to toe, and then try to describe what the other animal was.

The snake agreed, and started by winding himself around the rabbit. After a few moments, he announced, "You've got very soft, fuzzy fur, long ears, big rear feet, and a little fuzzy ball for a tail. I think that you must be a bunny rabbit!"

The rabbit was much relieved to find his identity, and proceeded to return the favor to the snake. After feeling about the snake's body for a few minutes, he asserted, "Well, you're scaly, you're slimy, you've got beady little eyes, you squirm and slither all the time, and you've got a forked tongue. I think you're a lawyer!"
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:23 PM   #2313
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

The Will to Live

A man went to his lawyer and said, "I would like to make a will but I don't know exactly how to go about it."

The lawyer says, "No problem, leave it all to me."

The man looks somewhat upset. "Well, I knew you were going to take the biggest slice," he said, "but I'd like to leave a little to my children, too!"
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #2314
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

To Mars, and Beyond!

NASA interviewed potential astronauts for a trip to Mars. Only one person could go and, since there couldn't be enough fuel for a return trip, it would be one-way only.

The first applicant was an engineer. "How much would you expect to get paid for this trip?" the interviewer asked.

The engineer immediately answered, "One million dollars. And I'll donate it all to my alma mater: Rice University."

The next applicant was a doctor. Once again, "How much would you expect to get paid for this trip?"

The doctor answered, "Two million dollars; a million for my family and the other million for medical research."

The last applicant was a lawyer. And finally, "How much would you expect to get paid for this trip?"

He immediately whispered, "Three million dollars."

"Why so much more than the others?" the interviewer curiously inquired.

The lawyer eagerly replied, "I'll give you one million, I'll keep a million, and we'll send that engineer!"
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:24 PM   #2315
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Too Damn Close

A very successful lawyer parked his brand-new Lexus in front of his office, ready to show it off to his colleagues. As he got out, a truck passed too close and completely tore off the door on the driver's side. The lawyer immediately grabbed his cell phone, dialed 911, and within minutes a policeman pulled up. Before the officer had a chance to ask any questions, the lawyer started screaming hysterically. His Lexus, which he had just picked up the day before, was now completely ruined and would never be the same, no matter what the body shop did to it.

When the lawyer finally wound down from his ranting and raving, the officer shook his head in disgust and disbelief. "I can't believe how materialistic you lawyers are," he said. "You are so focused on your possessions that you don't notice anything else."

"How can you say such a thing?" asked the lawyer.

The cop replied, "Don't you know that your left arm is missing from the elbow down? It must have been torn off when the truck hit you."

"My God!" screamed the lawyer. "Where's my Rolex?"
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:25 PM   #2316
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Too Little, Too Late

A New York Divorce Lawyer died and arrived at the pearly gates. Saint Peter asks him, "What have you done to merit entrance into Heaven?"

The Lawyer thought a moment, then said, "A week ago, I gave a quarter to a homeless person on the street."

Saint Peter asked Gabriel to check this out in the record, and after a moment Gabriel affirmed that this was true. Saint Peter said, "Well, that's fine, but it's not really quite enough to get you into Heaven."

The Lawyer said, "Wait, wait! There's more! Three years ago I also gave a homeless person a quarter."

Saint Peter nodded to Gabriel, who after a moment nodded back, affirming this, too, had been verified. Saint Peter then whispered to Gabriel, "Well, what do you suggest we do with this fellow?"

Gabriel gave the Lawyer a sidelong glance, then said to Saint Peter, "Let's give him back his 50 cents and tell him to go to Hell."
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:25 PM   #2317
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Total Loss

A man walks into a friend and sees that his friend's car is total loss and covered with leaves, grass, branches, dirt and blood. He asks his friend, "What's happened to your car?"

"Well," the friend responses, "I ran into a lawyer."

"Okay," says the man, "That explains the blood...but what about the leaves, the grass, the branches and the dirt?"

"Well, I had to chase him all through the park."
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:26 PM   #2318
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Two Week Criminal Trial

After a two week criminal trial in a very high profile bank robbery case, the judge turns to the jury foreman and asks, "Has the jury reached a verdict in this case?"

"Yes, we have, your honor," the foreman responded.

"Would you please pass it to me," the judge declared, as he motioned for the bailiff to retrieve the verdict slip from the foreman and deliver it to him.

After the judge reads the verdict himself, he delivers the verdict slip back to his bailiff to be returned to the foreman and instructs the foreman, "Please read your verdict to the court."

"We find the defendant Not Guilty of all four counts of bank robbery," stated the foreman. The family and friends of the defendant jump for joy at the verdict and hug each other as they shout expressions of divine gratitude.

The man´s attorney turns to his client and asks, "So, what do you think about that?"

The defendant, with a bewildered look on his face, and then turns to his attorney and says, "I´m confused... does this mean that I have to give all the money back?"
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:27 PM   #2319
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Will You Please State Your Name?

An eminent psychologist was called to testify in court. A severe no nonsense professional, she sat down in the witness chair unaware that it's rear legs were set precariously on the back of the raised platform.

"Will you please state your name?" asked the district attorney.

Tilting back in her chair she opened her mouth to answer, but instead catapulted head-over-heels backward and landed in a stack of exhibits and recording equipment.

Everyone watched in stunned silence as she extricated herself, rearranged her disheveled dress and hair and was reseated on the witness stand. The glare she directed at onlookers dared anyone to so much as smirk.

"Well, doctor," continued the district attorney without changing expression, "we could start with an easier question."
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:27 PM   #2320
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

$100 Goes a Long Way...

Two couples were playing cards. John accidentally dropped some cards on the floor. When he bent down under the table to pick them up, he noticed that Bill's wife was not wearing any underwear!

Shocked by this, John hit his head on the table and emerged red-faced. Later, John went to the kitchen to get some refreshments. Bill's wife followed him and asked, "Did you see anything that you liked under there?"

John admitted that, well, yes he did.

She said, "You can have it, but it will cost you $100."

After a minute or two, John indicates that he is interested. She tells him that since Bill works Friday afternoons and John doesn't, John should come to her house around 2:00 pm on Friday.

Friday came and John went to her house at 2:00 pm. After paying her $100 they went to the bedroom, had sex, and then John left.

Bill came home about 6:00 pm. He asked his wife, "Did John come by the afternoon?"

Reluctantly, she replied, "Yes, he did stop by for a few minutes."

Next Bill asked, "Did John give you $100?"

She thinks, 'Oh hell, he knows!' Finally she says, "Yes, he did give me $100."

"Good," Bill says. "John came by the office this morning and borrowed $100 from me. He said that he would stop by our house on his way home and pay me back."
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:28 PM   #2321
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

115-Year-Old Man

An old man turned 115 and was being interviewed by a reporter for the local paper. During the interview the reporter noticed that the yard was full of children of all ages playing together. A very pretty girl of about 19 served the old man and the reporter, keeping them in fresh tea and running errands for them.

"Are these your grandkids?" the reporter asked.

"Naw, sir, they all be my younguns," the old man replied with a sly grin.

"Your kids?" said the reporter. "What about this beautiful young lady who keeps bringing us tea? Is she one of your children too?"

"Naw, sir," said the old man. "She be my wife."

"Your wife?" said the surprised reporter. "But she can't be more than 19 years old."

"Thass right," said the old man with pride.

"Well, surely you can't have a sex life with you being 115 and she being only 19," the reporter remarked.

"Naw, sir, " said the old man. "We have sex every night. Every night two of my boys helps me on it, and every morning six of my boys helps me off."

"Wait just one minute," said the newspaperman. "Why does it only take two of your boys to put you on, but it takes six of them to take you off?"

"Cause," the spry old man said with a tight fist, "I fights 'em."
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:28 PM   #2322
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

911 Confusion

A man frantically calls 911 and says, "Help...my wife has gone into labor and her contractions are 10 minutes apart."

"Is this her first child?" the 911 operator replies.

"Of course not, you idiot...this is her husband."
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:29 PM   #2323
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

A Balcony with a View

Joe and Wanda had a small apartment in the city and they decided that the only way to pull off a Sunday afternoon quickie with their ten-year-old son in the apartment was to send him out on the balcony and order him to report on all the neighborhood activities. To a young boy, they thought, spying would be a lot of fun and would distract him for an hour or so.

The boy began his commentary as his parents put their plan into operation.

"There's a car being towed from the parking lot," he said.

"An ambulance just drove by."

A few moments passed.

"Looks like the Andersons have company," he called out. "Matt's riding a new bike and the Coopers are making whoopie."

Mom and Dad shot up in bed. "How do you know that?" the startled father asked.

"Their kid is standing out on the balcony too," his son replied.
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:29 PM   #2324
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

A Simple Farmer

A farmer stood leaning on a fence at the edge of his property. He watched as a red sports car came over the top of a hill and followed the road up to the spot where he stood. The driver pulled over to the side of the road and called out to the farmer.

"Do you know how I can get to Route 91?" the driver asked.

The farmer thought for a few seconds.

Then he said, "Nope."

"Do you know where the nearest turnpike entrance is?" the driver asked.

"Nope," the farmer replied.

"How about the town of Hadley. Do you know which direction it is from here?"

"Nope."

Exasperated, the driver raced his engine. "You don't know very much, do you?" he said.

"Nope," the farmer replied. "But I'm not lost."
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #2325
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

A Stormy Relationship

One summer evening during a violent thunderstorm a mother was tucking her small boy into bed. She was about to turn off the light when he asked with a tremor in his voice, "Mommy, will you sleep with me tonight?"

The mother smiled and gave him a reassuring hug. "I can't," she said. "I have to sleep in Daddy's room."

A long silence was broken at last by his shaky little voice, "The big sissy."
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #2326
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Ages Takes Its Toll...

Three older ladies were discussing the trials of getting older. One said, "Sometimes I catch myself with a jar of mayonnaise in my hand in front of the refrigerator and can't remember whether I need to put it away or start making a sandwich."

The second lady chimed in, "Yes, sometimes I find myself on the landing of the stairs and can't remember whether I was on my way up or on my way down."

The third one responded, "Well, I'm sure glad I don´t have that problem, knock on wood." She raps her knuckles on the table, then she, says, "That must be the door, I'll get it."
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:31 PM   #2327
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Alternative Weight Loss Program

An obese man had tried every diet, to no avail, so when he saw an ad that read, "Guaranteed Weight Loss or Your Money Back!" he figured at least this time it wouldn't cost him anything.

When he called they said they'd send someone right over. Sure enough, within minutes, there was a knock at the door. He opened it and in walked a beautiful young girl wearing nothing but an overcoat.

She dropped her coat to the floor, smiled, and presented him a card that read, "If you catch me, we'll have sex."

The guy chased her for a long time, without success. He did this everyday for weeks until he finally caught her. She was true to her word and he now finally looked forward to exercising.

Nevertheless, the next day a faster girl showed up wearing nothing but an overcoat. She dropped her coat to the floor, smiled, and presented him a card that read, "If you catch me, we'll have sex." He chased her for a couple of weeks until he finally caught her and had sex.

And so his regimen continued, rather expensive, but well worth it, and boy, was he getting in shape! Soon he was catching every girl they sent. Eventually the weight loss center called him...

"Look, you're in great shape now and we're running out of girls! It's time to stop." He pleaded for just one more day of "exercise."

An hour later his doorbell rang and in stomped a huge man wearing nothing but an overcoat. He dropped his coat on the floor, smiled, and presented him a card that read, "If I catch you, we'll have sex!"
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:32 PM   #2328
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Andy's Prison Stay

Several years ago, Andy was sentenced to prison. During his stay, he got along well with the guards and all his fellow inmates. The warden saw that deep down, Andy was a good person and made arrangements for Andy to learn a trade while doing his time.

After 3 years, Andy was recognized as one of the best carpenters in the local area. Often he would be given a weekend pass to do odd jobs for the citizens of the community...and he always reported back to prison before Sunday night was over.

The warden was thinking of remodeling his kitchen and in fact had done much of the work himself. But he lacked the skills to build a set of kitchen cupboards and a large counter top which he had promised his wife. So he called Andy into his office and asked him to complete the job for him. But, alas, Andy refused.

He told the warden, "Gosh, I'd really like to help you but counter fitting is what got me into prison in the first place."
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:32 PM   #2329
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Baby Food

A three-year-old walked up to a pregnant lady while waiting with his mother in the doctors office.

He inquisitively asked the lady, "Why is your stomach so big?"

She replied, "I'm having a baby."

With big eyes, he asked, "Is the baby in your stomach?"

She answered, "He sure is."

Then the little boy, with a puzzled look, asked, "Is it a good baby?"

She said, "Oh, yes. It's a real good baby."

With an even more surprised and shocked look he asked, "Then why did you eat him?"
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #2330
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Bad Cup of Coffee

A sweet little boy surprised his grandmother one morning and brought her a cup of coffee. He made it himself and was so proud. He anxiously waited to hear the verdict on the quality of the coffee. The grandmother had never in her life had such a bad cup of coffee, and as she forced down the last sip she noticed three of those little green army guys in the bottom of the cup.

She asked, "Honey, why would three little green army guys be in the bottom of my cup?"

Her grandson replied, "You know grandma, it's like on TV, 'The best part of waking up is soldiers in your cup.'"
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #2331
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Birthin' Babies

In the back woods of a rural town, Mrs. Stewart went into labor in the middle of the night, and the doctor was called out to assist in the delivery.

To keep the nervous father-to-be busy, the doctor handed him a lantern and said, "Here, you hold this high so I can see what I'm doing." Soon, a wee baby boy was brought into the world.

"Whoa there Sir!" said the doctor. "Don't be in a rush to put the lantern down...I think there's yet another wee one to come." Sure enough, within minutes he had delivered another little baby.

"No, no, don't be in a great hurry to be putting down that lantern, young man...It seems there's yet another one besides!" cried the doctor.

The new father scratched his head in bewilderment, and asked the doctor, "Do ya think it's the light that's attractin' them?"
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:34 PM   #2332
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Broken Leg

A moron tripped on the stairs and broke his leg. The doctor put a cast on it and warned that he wasn't to use the stairs until the cast came off.

Four months later he removed the cast and pronounced him well on the way to recovery.

"Oh good," the moron responded. "Is it all right for me to walk the stairs now?"

"Yes," said the doctor, "if you promise to be careful."

"I can't tell you what a relief it will be," he sighed. "It was such a nuisance crawling outside and shinnying up and down that drainpipe all the time!"
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:34 PM   #2333
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Broken Power Mower

Last summer, when the power mower was broken and wouldn't run Kerry kept hinting to Lorne, her husband, that he needed to get it fixed. However, for some reason the message wasn't sinking in.

She finally thought of a clever way to make the point. When Lorne arrived home that day, he found her seated in the tall grass busily clipping away with a tiny pair of sewing scissors.

He watched silently for a short time, then went into the house. Kerry thought she had again failed to get his attention. He was gone only a few moments, and when he came out again he handed her a toothbrush saying, "When you finish cutting the grass, you might as well sweep the sidewalks."
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #2334
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Cadillac Driver

John and Cathy were driving through Arkansas on their way from New York to California. Looking at his fuel gauge, John decided to stop at the next gasoline station and fill up. About 5 minutes later, he spotted one and pulled over to the high octane pump.

"What can I do fer ya'll?" asks the attendant.

"Fill her up with high test," replied John.

While the attendant was filling up the tank, he started checking out the car. "What kinda car is dat?" he asked, "Never seen
one like it before."

"Well," responded John, his chest swelling up with pride, "this, my boy, is a 1997 Cadillac DeVille."

"What all it got in it?" asked the attendant.

"Well," said John, "It has everything. It has power steering, power seats, power sun roof, power mirrors, AM/FM radio with a 10 deck CD player in the trunk with 100 watts per channel, 8 speaker stereo, rack and pinion steering, disk brakes all around, leather interior, digital instrument package, and best of all, a 8.8 liter V12 engine."

"Wow," said the attendant, "that's really somethin'."

"How much do I owe you for the gasoline?" asked John.

"That'll be $30.17," said the attendant.

John pulled out his money clip and peeled off a $20 and a $10. He goes into his other pocket and pulls out a handful of change. Mixed up with the change are golf tees.

"What dem little wooden things?" asks the attendant.

"That's what I put my balls on when I drive," says the driver.

"Wow," said the attendant, "dem Cadillac people really think of everything!"
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #2335
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Call Me 'Mother'

A young man was walking through a supermarket when he noticed an old lady following him around. He ignored her and continued on. Finally he went to the checkout line, but she got in front of him.

"Pardon me," she said. "I'm sorry if my staring has made you uncomfortable. It's just that you look like my son, who recently died."

"I'm very sorry," replied the young man. "Is there anything that I can do for you?"

"Yes," she said. "As I'm leaving, can you say 'Good bye, Mother?' It would make me feel so much better."

"Sure," answered the young man.

As the old woman was leaving, he called out, "Goodbye, Mother!"

When he stepped up to the checkout counter, he saw that his total was $127.50.

"How can that be?" he asked. "I only purchased a few things!"

"Your mother said that you would pay for her," said the clerk.
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:36 PM   #2336
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Car Trouble

My wife came home the other day and said, "Honey, the car won't start, but I know what the problem is."

I asked her what it was and she told me it has water in the carburetor.

I thought for a moment, then said, "You know I don't mean this badly, but you don't know the carburetor from the accelerator."

"No, there's definitely water in the carburetor," she insisted.

"OK, Honey, that's fine, I'll just go take a look. Where is it?"

"In the lake!"
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:37 PM   #2337
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Cash or Charge?

After spending 3 and a half hours enduring the long lines, surly clerks, and insane regulations at the department of motor vehicles, I stopped at a toy store to pick up a gift for my son.

I brought my selection - a baseball bat - to the cash register. "Cash or charge?" the clerk asked.

"Cash," I snapped. Then, apologizing for my rudeness, I explained, "I just spent the afternoon at the motor-vehicle bureau."

"Shall I giftwrap the bat?" the clerk asked sweetly. "Or are you going back there?"
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:37 PM   #2338
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Casino Evil

At a posh Las Vegas casino, a blackjack dealer and a player with a 13 count in his hand are arguing about whether or not it is appropriate to tip the dealer. The player says, "When I get bad cards, it's not the dealer's fault. Accordingly, when I get good cards, the dealer obviously has nothing to do with that either, so why should I tip him?"

The dealer replies, "When you eat at a restaurant do you tip the waiter?"

"Yes," the gambler concedes.

"Well then, he serves you food; whether it's good or bad isn't up to him. By the same token, I'm serving you cards, so you should tip me."

"OK," says the gambler, "but the waiter gives me what I ask for. I'll take an 8."
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #2339
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Change

Two city slickers were driving through the country when they came upon a ramshackle farm with an old man out front. Thinking he'd have some fun at the old man's expense, the driver stopped the car and yelled, "Hey mister, can you change an eighteen dollar bill?"

The farmer nodded, saying, "Sure, but I'll have to go in and get my money."

The passenger in the car asked, "What are you going to do?"

"I'll give him a ten," snickered the driver. "I'll change the zero to look like an eight. He'll never know the difference."

The farmer returned with a battered, old billfold. He took the bill offered to him without a second glance and put it in his pocket. Then, he looked up and said, "How do you want the change? Two nines or three sixes?"
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:38 PM   #2340
Damocles
Bad Email Address

The Last Person

Change of Fashion

A man is at work one day when he notices that his co-worker is wearing an earring.

This man knows his co-worker to be a normally conservative fellow, and is curious about his sudden change in 'fashion sense.' The man walks up to him and says, "I didn't know you were into earrings."

"Don't make such a big deal, it's only an earring," he replies sheepishly.

"Oh, really? How long have you been wearing one?" he asks.

"Ever since my wife found it in our bed."