Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old March 21st, 2003, 01:08 PM   #31
KJ
Strike Leader

I've heard of this. Is this the same Star Wars radio play that had John Lithgow (3rd Rock From The Sun) do the voice of C3-P0?

Just asking

KJ
KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2003, 01:22 PM   #32
Philloz

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Kingjason
I've heard of this. Is this the same Star Wars radio play that had John Lithgow (3rd Rock From The Sun) do the voice of C3-P0?
Right play, wrong part. John Lithgow actually voiced Yoda in both "The Empire Strikes Back" and "Return of the Jedi" radio dramas.

The only original cast member to do all three was Anthony Daniels, who played C-3PO. Mark Hamill played Luke in the first two, but was voiced by Joshua Fardon in "Jedi." Billy Dee Williams played Lando in "Empire," but was replaced by Arye Gross in "Jedi."

Brock Peters, who played Opposser Solon in the BSG episode "Murder on the Rising Star," did the voice of Darth Vader in all three.

All three were broadcast on National Public Radio and are available on CD.
Old March 21st, 2003, 02:01 PM   #33
KJ
Strike Leader

Hope this CD radio play if scripted from the original Star Wars script, has scenes that didn't make the films! It would be like reading from a book/novel and getting the story and saga of Star Wars told in full.

Right?

KJ
Old March 21st, 2003, 02:40 PM   #34
Philloz

The first series in particular has many, many extra scenes; it's spread across 13 half-hour episodes. The first episode deals with Luke Skywalker's life on Tatooine, including a Skyhopper canyon race and the scenes with his buddy Biggs that were shot but deleted from the film. The second focuses on Leia's involvement with the Rebels, telling the story of how she got ahold of the Death Star plans and featuring an early encounter with Vader. It's a terrific companion to the film. Han's character is also fleshed out quite a bit as well.

One curious bit is that Daley rescripted the originally deleted docking bay scene between Han and Jabba; he replaced Jabba with a hatchetman of his named Heater, who threatened to hire "Boba Fett himself" if Han failed to pay back the money he owed. Of course, when they recorded the show (in 1979), no one could forsee that one day Lucas would restore the scene in the film, with a newly-incorporated Fett and a CGI Jabba.
Old March 21st, 2003, 07:07 PM   #35
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

RE-IMAGINE Deep Space Nine.

SISKO - Alcoholic, angry, blames his Mentally Retarded son Jake for the death of his Mother who was gang raped by Evil Bajoran Priests angry at the violent take over of their station.

DAX - The Only Man on the Station who truly understands Sisko. Secretly in love with Sisko.

Let's give Star Trek the Re-Imagining it deserves. Of course, I'm now an expert, because although I didn't watch much of Deep Space Nine, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...

:tos:

LSF,

I would respectfully include the following addition:

CHIEF MEDICAL OFFICER - Dr. Bashir wouldl be female. Name: Julia, of course. Wouldn't be true to the effort if we didn't have at least 1 character do the 'gender switch'!

JEWELS,

You are correct, (both of Dax's Trill hosts, on DS9, were female - Jadzia & Ezri).
Kira, too.

BST
BST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2003, 07:45 PM   #36
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I'd rather see them reimagine the entire trek franchise.
It is in a rut and in serious need of change.

Too bad enterprise isnt any good otherwise it would be the perfect vehicle to do just that.
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2003, 08:11 PM   #37
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Hito - were you a fan of TNG?

If so, I direct your attention to Season 1 - pretty poor by many standards, but it came into its own during Season 2 (for one thing, Riker grew a beard and looked less like a kid). The characterizations improved, the writing improved, etc. etc.

If you weren't a fan of TNG -

Nevermind.

I am
Dawg:

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2003, 08:36 PM   #38
KJ
Strike Leader

Season 1 of TNG is still a classic to be enjoyed though. Riker without the beard, La Forge at conn, Worf with his old uniform, LT Yar as security chief (later killed off) and several good episodes like : Lore's first appearance, LaForge in command of the Stardrive section of the Enterprise during a battle, Q first and second appearance (before he became a soft touch? reappearing pain in the ass type) the reappearance of the Romulans! and the "Conspiracy" episode!!! (The one where Riker and Picard killed an alien infesting a starfleet officer and they phasered him* damn it was gorey)

I always like to compared the first two seasons to the others seeing the changes made to Star Trek TNG Even if filled with cheezy 80's acting, the first season is still a classic.

*- By the way, that Conspiracy episode was deemed at the time as too non Star Trek. But it was originally planned out as a first major storyarc which would have been followed up with sequel episodes. Damn shame it wasn't, although i do believe DC Comics or Malibu comics (which ever had the rights afew years back) did do a Conspiracy follow up story? Up till now i can't find it? wonder whether or not it was based on the original episode story scripts never used?

Anyone know of a place where unfilmed Star Trek TNG scripts are available to download? alot of trek sites don't have unfilmed scripts to download it gonna be out there somewhere.

KJ

Last edited by KJ; March 21st, 2003 at 08:38 PM..
Old March 21st, 2003, 11:06 PM   #39
Dawg
Great Wise Guru

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
ColonialFleets.com
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDCo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com
Owner/Webmaster
DirkBenedictCentral.com
Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force

Default Of course, LKJ,

I agree. I liked the Conspiracy arc, and was disappointed that was never followed up on. Same with several other promising story lines (like that cute blonde Q).

But as enjoyable as it might be, stiff performances, awkward dialogue and that sense of everybody waiting for the other shoe to drop were there that first season, that's my point. I think it's probably pretty normal, too, as the actors and the writers get a feel for the characters (and each other) and what they are capable of. Some click quicker than others.

I think it's possible that Enterprise will improve in Season 2; we'll just have to wait and see.

Kind of like we're doing here....

BTW, have you seen Sept17's thread, "We didn't give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"? Maybe there's something we can do.....

I am
Dawg

My Places:

DirkBenedictCentral.com, Facebook: Dirk Benedict Central Twitter: @DBCdotCOM Dirk's appearances: Appearances

Tombs of Kobol
Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2003, 06:47 AM   #40
GalacticanCajun
Warrior

I would definitely want to see Airwolf come back
GalacticanCajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2003, 07:07 AM   #41
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Kingjason
Season 1 of TNG is still a classic to be enjoyed though. Riker without the beard, La Forge at conn, Worf with his old uniform, LT Yar as security chief (later killed off) and several good episodes like : Lore's first appearance, LaForge in command of the Stardrive section of the Enterprise during a battle, Q first and second appearance (before he became a soft touch? reappearing pain in the ass type) the reappearance of the Romulans! and the "Conspiracy" episode!!! (The one where Riker and Picard killed an alien infesting a starfleet officer and they phasered him* damn it was gorey)

I always like to compared the first two seasons to the others seeing the changes made to Star Trek TNG Even if filled with cheezy 80's acting, the first season is still a classic.

*- By the way, that Conspiracy episode was deemed at the time as too non Star Trek. But it was originally planned out as a first major storyarc which would have been followed up with sequel episodes. Damn shame it wasn't, although i do believe DC Comics or Malibu comics (which ever had the rights afew years back) did do a Conspiracy follow up story? Up till now i can't find it? wonder whether or not it was based on the original episode story scripts never used?

Anyone know of a place where unfilmed Star Trek TNG scripts are available to download? alot of trek sites don't have unfilmed scripts to download it gonna be out there somewhere.

KJ

I also liked the episode titled The Battle in which the Ferengi return Picard's old ship the Stargazer and force him to relive the battle by using a mind altering device. In fact one of the Ferengii were played by Armin Shimmerman who later went on to play Quark on DS9.
kingfish is offline   Reply With Quote