Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 16th, 2004, 01:00 PM   #31
Imagination

Default Well, I miss the uplifting vision too BUT

with that said, the Council of 12 in TOS was a bunch of foolish old men too willing to believe in fairy tales to keep their guard up.

TOS, much as I love most aspects of it, had its less than stellar moments. It was mainly our major characters that had nobility of spirit, etc.

Mini, less uplifting, I'll agree, but still a pretty good story (if you skip over over the slower parts like I do) - I won't go into the parts I like and those I don't, but it too had its strengths and weaknesses, LIKE TOS, in my mind.

IMHO.
Old January 16th, 2004, 02:47 PM   #32
Dogface

Well, I'd say that "Earth" was a fairy-tale, too. Fairy-tales can still be true. Indeed, I could think of a few fairy-tales that boil down to "keep your guard up and do not trust anybody who smiles too much". The old wisdom--that's in the fairy-tales.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 07:00 PM   #33
Commander Cain
Shuttle Pilot

Fascinating. Its a shame I always come to these conversations a week late.

"I really think you should take a look at the other battlestar." Cylon pilot
Commander Cain is offline   Reply With Quote