Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old August 10th, 2003, 09:27 PM   #31
Captain Spyro

Quote:
Originally posted by Last Battlestar
Was it really that bad though? It was certainly better than the Godzilla movie I saw last night! I just think that these guys would be right on the vibe of Galactica, being of the same generation as I who saw the show first run! How it would turn out is anyone's guess, but it would have to be better than what is in the can right now. They sure know how to get a lot of visual impact on screen. I am talking production values here- I'm naturally assuming a Hatch and DeSanto writing or advisory role!

Hey, there are various other people I would like to see do the show too. Heck, James Cameron would make a hell of a Galactica adventure I'm sure. I'm just contrasting the big screen spectacle possibilities against the watered down telemovie we are getting.

The show deserves better and we may have to look to unexpected people to pull it off.

Mike
Yes, I believe it was that bad. Heck, just ask other fans of the true Godzilla and most will tell you the same thing.

Who knows, James Cameron might do swell job with BSG. I'll tell you one thing, he would do better than those hacks known as Devlin/Emmerich, IMO.

The show does deserve better, I will agree with you on that. Though, I'm not sure if I'd go as far as saying that I'd choose Devlin/Emmerich over Ronald Moore.
Old August 10th, 2003, 09:39 PM   #32
Micheleh
Watashiwa Shin no Noir

Veteran
Fleets Warrior
SPECIAL ACHIEVEMENT AWARDFormer Assistant
Richard Hatch

That's how I feel. It has no effect on my view of Galactica 'cos it ain't, more or less. Galacticon will be a gret place to educate both about the real Galactica, and the importance of fans to studios, something they seem to have forgotten.
Micheleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2003, 07:10 AM   #33
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I think so too Micheleh
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote