Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 1st, 2004, 02:20 PM   #31
koenigrules
Warrior

Default Hear hear!

So Say We All to Trek!
Long live Galactica!
koenigrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2004, 02:25 PM   #32
Mike Wright

Actually, through all the biting remarks, I gotta say this is probably one of the most informative posts I've ever seen... *lol*
Old January 1st, 2004, 07:43 PM   #33
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Mike,

The annoying thing is that this seems like some of us are being drug into a battle when we have no intention of fighting anyone. In contrast to Dennis' earlier comments, there's a core of folks who claim to support the miniseries/potential series who are dedicated to making internet life as problematic for anyone not immediately within their circle.

There's a long history of lying, fraud, and very bad behavior with the core folks behind this. Nobody but they are responsible for that but it would be nice to see some mini-supporters stand up and take a stand saying this sort of treatment of ANYONE isn't acceptable.

I know many of us have done that when anti-mini guys have gotten way out of line. This sort of thing has become rediculous IMO. The level of pettiness is simply stunning to me. This latest started because I made a post relaying info from a friend of mine and encouraged the fighting to end. A couple have made it an ultimate challenge that has now crossed over into at least five other sites. It has now become what I can only call a very active slander campaign. I know I would voice opposition to this sort of tactic if someone promoting the original series were doing it.

I find it disturbing that this conduct is not only tolerated, but seemingly embraced by some. It makes me wonder if this is really how miniseries supporters want to be viewed by everyone.

Sandy
Old January 1st, 2004, 07:52 PM   #34
The Rain
Bad Email Address

Well, frakin' 'A' I consider this good news. It means it ain't dead yet.

GO Ron
GO Moore
GO GO Ron Moore!

(yes, my cheetos encrusted finger tips are geeking out on my keyboard... now where'd I put that cold beer!) :laugh:

The Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2004, 08:01 PM   #35
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

I never got the impression it was dead, only that it wouldn't happen within the 2004 budget. It looks like it may happen within 2004 if the money issue is resolved.

From everything I've been hearing, I'd say there will AT LEAST be another miniseries ... sometime.

Sandy

Last edited by TwoBrainedCylon; January 1st, 2004 at 08:07 PM..
TwoBrainedCylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2004, 09:02 PM   #36
Dennis
Bad Email Address

A long interview was published with Moore a couple of weeks ago in which he said that he wouldn't be returning to "Carnivale". That may even have predated the second-season pickup for the show.
Dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2004, 09:11 PM   #37
beeker
Bad Email Address

Sandy,

As one of the mini fans who keeps quiet during the flame wars, I curious as to what you would like from those like me. I've seen bad behaviour by people on all sides of the mini debate, but I haven't personally seen anything that crosses the line in an extreme way. This is the only BSG site that I post to, and those of us that disagree here seem able to do so in a generally civil way. This makes me blissfully ignorant of most of those flame wars you are refering to, but it follows that what I am ignorant of I cannot intelligently comment on.

If you give me examples of the behaviour that you object to, I would be happy to issue condemation of those people. I simply don't see what good that would do. When people are acting like petty children they don't generally change when other people tell them that they are acting like petty children.

Other than offering the advice of "don't bite" when people go trolling, I can't think of anything I could do. I don't embrace such bad behaviour, but (to an extent) I do tolerate it. To be honest I tolerate because I consider even the worst of what I've heard (the Milton James clones) would be, to me, nothing more than a minor annonyance. To be sure very petty, but it has been a long time since pettiness has bothered me much.

A different Jim
beeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2004, 09:41 PM   #38
thomas7g
out there somewhere

COMMAND INSIGNIAFormer Admin (ret)
Colonial Fleets
BattlestarGalactica-Fleets.com
Owner
Ship Of Lights Forum

Oh, I just would rather handle this arguing matter myself. Lets let the argument part die and lets move on.
[img]stop.gif[/img]

"There is a meaning for wings that can not fly!
Its a precious memory of when you once flew in the sky."
thomas7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2004, 09:54 PM   #39
koenigrules
Warrior

Default As I Said Before

As I said in a previous post, I am anxiously awaiting word on a new series- that is all.
I have no agenda, I don't want to be arguing with anyone, I am not a troll....I just want to have a nice discussion on a forum.
Let's hope in the New Year that is possible, OK?
The First Jim
P.S. You can believe me or not. That is your choice- not mine.
Old January 1st, 2004, 10:19 PM   #40
Darth Marley
GINO Public Defender

It took me a while to grasp the sensitivities of many among the anti-mini faction.
Even sensitivities to choices of labels that I had though innocuous enough.
It is something that any newcomer is not likely to be aware of.

So much of the "argument" or perhaps more precisely "accusation" regarding 2BC's posts come from differences in interpretation,or perhaps cognitive failure in reading comprehension.Look at how many religion and politics arguments still go on about millenia old religious texts,or centuries old political texts.

I believe that anyone that stays here long enough to absorb where everyone else fits in the spectrum will behave in a civil manner,or move on to other arenas.
Old January 1st, 2004, 11:29 PM   #41
The Rain
Bad Email Address

Hmm...

Well, I'm a newcomer here. And I hope I haven't offended anyone too much. Personally, I've been basking in a sea of new Galactica that I really enjoy. A LOT! I liked the original when I was 12. I watched it in repeats too. I watched a few eps here and there on Sci-Fi when it was on and I was at home. I heard about the mini in production and heard all the cries of foul when Starbuck was cast as a woman. I decided I would judge it on my own. I love science fiction and I wasn't about to cut my nose off to spite my face. Good sci-fi is hard to come by. Bonnie Hammer canceled my beloved Farscape. And Firefly died before it ever got a chance.
I always thought Galactica would be soooo much better if....
And then it was.

If I sound like a pig rolling in you know what, well, sorry. I love the new mini. It's great science fiction. If a continuation movie comes out I'll jump for joy too. But until then I'll enjoy what I've got and thank TPTB for it.
What else is on anyway? Another episode of Survivor?!? :thumbdwn:
Old January 2nd, 2004, 12:32 AM   #42
Yminale
Bad Email Address

Sandy,

I don't understand why people are treating you so badly. Your information makes sense to me since Sci-Fi just commited to season 7 of Stargate and Stargate:Atlantis so money must be tight (and BG is not cheap). Seems to me pro-mini fans should be celebrating your news. If the execs are so uncertain the new series has better than 50% of happening.
Yminale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2004, 12:50 AM   #43
The Rain
Bad Email Address

Quote:
Originally posted by Yminale
Sandy,

I don't understand why people are treating you so badly. Your information makes sense to me since Sci-Fi just commited to season 7 of Stargate and Stargate:Atlantis so money must be tight (and BG is not cheap). Seems to me pro-mini fans should be celebrating your news. If the execs are so uncertain the new series has better than 50% of happening.
Just in case you missed my 1st post, I am CELEBRATING!
I love the news.

Maybe I'll shut up now.

See ya.
Old January 2nd, 2004, 06:10 AM   #44
koenigrules
Warrior

Default Me Too!

I am celebrating too!
Its great news and something will be coming out quite soon.
WOW- in less than a month since the mini aired, so much has happened.
Its FANTASTIC!
Old January 2nd, 2004, 03:08 PM   #45
Antelope

Default Thanks: TwoBrainedCylon

Thanks for the good info. Your post are very informative. Hope you didn't take offense to my post on the Hinman debacle. I just hate to see two apparently well informed people beat each other up. News is news. Like you said, if it has relavance to you great. If not go on to the next post.

Keep up the good work. I hope you have more positive news for us in the future.

T.J.
Old January 3rd, 2004, 04:14 AM   #46
CrysWimmer

Default Thanks...

I for one will take any information I can get.

Seriously though, isn't a "maybe" and finding out later better than a "no" and knowing it now? As far as I'm concerned, no news is "hope", and I'll take it where I can get it.

Thanks so much for the updates, Sandy.

-Crys-