Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old December 10th, 2003, 01:09 AM   #1
dec5
Warrior

Default Boomer the Imperious leader???

If you listen to the last words spoken.....After the Boomer Cylon says, Don't worry....we will find them.."

The number six tells Boomer "By your command".

What's up with that????
dec5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 07:07 AM   #2
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

My question all along had been, where's the Imperious Leader, the central villian? These remaked Cylons couldn't be that much of a rip off of the Borg, could they, with all being part of the "collective"? So we knew that they (the Cylons) had sleepers, humans who didn't know they were Cylons, who would awaken and then have their original programming take over their actions. Presumably (IMHO) the awakened sleepers would have the mind and will of their doubles, and I guess be able to share thoughts with their double (as 6 affected Baltar's thoughts) and do the will of the Imperious Leader. The "By your command" line gave us a hint, clue, whatever, that Sharon's double was the central villian, the mastermind, and that when she "awoke" and the Cylon programming took over, the Galactica would affectively have the Imperious Leader aboard. IMO.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 07:10 AM   #3
Dean Martin
Warrior

Well it's possible that the Imperiouls leader had it's mind placed in the Boomer body but it is also possible that she is just higher ranked.
Dean Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 07:23 AM   #4
jeditemple
Bad Email Address

Right...the Asian Cylons are in charge.
jeditemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 07:24 AM   #5
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Quote:
Originally posted by Dean Martin
Well it's possible that the Imperiouls leader had it's mind placed in the Boomer body but it is also possible that she is just higher ranked.
Mesa don't know what Moore has in store, but if he does somehow choose to follow consistancy with the old show (as if), the Imperious Leader would be the highest ranked, not merely a higher rank. Although they did say the line to Baltar in the real BSG, but he was in command of a whole base star.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 07:29 AM   #6
Dean Martin
Warrior

I'm not positive but I believe in "War of the Gods" the Centurians said "By your command " To lucifer.
I know that they said it to Baltar so that would indicate a chain of command.
Dean Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 08:34 AM   #7
jonahlee
Warrior

And it seems like if she was the leader she would have had the smarts to bring the Cylons in when she was FLT jumping to bring in more Civilian ships before they jumped to the protection of a Battlestar. Then she could have joined the Battlestar with it's 2000 person crew, and had a much easier time destroying it from within.

"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Saphoo that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion." -Piter de Vries

https://www.whaleofatale.net
jonahlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2003, 10:20 AM   #8
lordpenquin
Shuttle Pilot

By your command is basically "yes, sir" in cylon talk. The boomer model just happened to be in charge of that group at the time.
Old December 11th, 2003, 12:44 PM   #9
dec5
Warrior

Default True....

But the by your command statement is only said to the Boomer model....and said only once in the entire series.

That is pretty ominous.
dec5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2003, 05:43 AM   #10
GalacticanCajun
Warrior

I will have to rewatch my taped copy. I did not notice the "by your command" line and was hoping they would use it.
Old December 13th, 2003, 01:06 PM   #11
Hito
Warrior

Veteran
Fleets Warrior

I dont rember there being a lot of boomer scene while they were in the storm at ranginar.

If so were there any hints at her beign affected at all?

I would love if they made the imperious leader a Boomer model cylon. Grace Park more than has the acting chops to pull it off.
And i honestly beleve that.
She seems to hav an increadable emotional range just in her face and body language.

I knew that I could never again raise my voice against the violence of the oppressed in the ghettos without having first spoken clearly to the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today -- my own government....
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~

I can hear God saying to America: “You are too arrogant! If you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power!"
~ Dr. Martin Luther King ~
Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2003, 03:38 PM   #12
malachi42
Bad Email Address

There are 12 models of the cylons but there can be thousands of just one model. Each of those thousands of models have a mind of theyre own. So the model of boomer wasnt really Boomer just one of the thousands of one model. Does that make sense?
malachi42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2003, 03:43 PM   #13
HollyKnight55

Isn't it strange that Boomer wasn't "activated" during the escape sequence? Or any cylons that are on board Galactica, for that matter. You would think even if they could just get into command and drop a grenade at that time, it could have turned the tide of the battle.
Old December 29th, 2003, 04:43 PM   #14
Antelope

Default Imperious Leader

Any version or none of them may the model of the Imperious Leader. A clone of Hitler might not grow up to be another Hitler. There may be thousands of "Boomers" holding a variety of ranks throughout the Cylon Empire (if there is an empire). I think the "Boomer" at the end of the mini on Ragnar was probably the Basestar or fleet commander at the time. Although if the mini is following TOS wasn't the "Imperious Leader" or a version of him commanding the cylon Basestar at Carillon that was destroyed? Didn't Baltar's cylon sidekick make reference to that in a later episode of TOS?

Personally I am cheering for Boxey to be the Imperious Leader!

On the Why didn't the sleepers attack at Ragnar question:

I still wonder if either the cylons are intentionally herding the Galactica for some unknown reason (God & Noah's ark or something sinister -- find and destroy Earth) or is there a split already among the cylons and some are already siding with the colonials. A lot of good ideas for a series!
Old December 29th, 2003, 08:12 PM   #15
callsignfalcon
Warrior

I wanted to see if that was true so i rewatched my taped copy as well.... only i accidently recored over the last 5 minutes... heh :bash:
callsignfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2004, 11:58 PM   #16
Spike The Cylon
Captain

I was thinking that the Boomer Cylons are like the IL series in TOS. That's whay Six said "By your command" to her. IMHO.

Fleeing From The Cylon Tyranny, The Last Battlestar, Galactica, Leads a Rag-tag Fugitive Fleet On A Lonely Quest. A Shining Planet, Known As....Earth!
Spike The Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote