Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Miscellaneous Entertainment
Notices
Miscellaneous Entertainment Talk about any other shows not covered by other forums.

Old June 24th, 2003, 03:04 PM   #1
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Default The Micronauts

There's plans in the works for a Micronauts movie. Marty Abrams has inked a deal with the woman who brought us Terminator to produce a feature film. A trilogy of Micronauts novels have been published titled "The Time Traveller Trilogy".
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2003, 11:35 PM   #2
SeoulWind

I had a nice collection of Micronauts when I was young... Of all the toys I ever owned I think those remain my favorites to this day. I didn't know they were still so popular as to inspire a movie and novel series though, cool! Can't wait to see it!

Mark Snyder
Seoul, Korea
Old June 25th, 2003, 09:33 AM   #3
captmiloman
Bad Email Address

Devil's Due/Image Comics also have a monthly comic series which was launched a year ago. In this "re-imagining", Ryan Archer finds himself trapped in the Microverse. He is captured by Baron Karza, but is rescued by a band of rebels, which includes Acroyer and Galactic Defender(a woman, go figure). In the current issue, Baron Karza invades Earth. Karza has a daughter in this version and Biotron is introduced as being evil, but he eventually sides with Ryan Archer(Space Glider) and the other rebels. I was a fan of the original Marvel series, but I'm enjoying this version, too. I'm hoping Devil's Due gets the rights to the original Marvel stories. I could see them reprinted as a seperate line possibly titled "Micronauts' Classics". The first story Devil's Due story arc has already been reprinted as a trade paperback. I suggest everyone check this series out. But be warned, it's not for the really young ones. There's a few graphic scenes in some of the issues.
captmiloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2003, 07:29 PM   #4
Bijou88

Back in the 70s, I loved the Micronauts comic. It was really well done and had a great mythos that really drew you into the story. Baron Karza was a great villain right up there with Baltar, Darth Vader and Doctor Doom. I always dreamed that It would someday make it's way to the silver screen. The comics, especially in the first few year of publication had artwork that was very cinematic and dynamic. I hope that the movie that may oneday be made will live up to the potential of the premise.
Old November 10th, 2003, 05:53 PM   #5
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I never saw the Micronauts comics ........although I did see
the bsg ones
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2003, 06:45 AM   #6
dah66
Warrior

I loved the original Micronauts comics. Whatever happened to Bill Mantlo? That guy was an amazing writer.
The new Micronauts series from Devil's Due is over after 11 issues. They indicated that the book may be back sometime in 2004. I'm not sure if the current series was ending because of poor sales, legal issues, or something else. Overall, I enjoyed their work but felt that it failed to capture the epic feeling of the original. I believe this was mainly due to the fact that the character relationships never really "gelled" throughout the series. This was especially true of Ryan Archer. In the first few issues he only reacted (rather dully) to what was happening. Then, he suddenly became a man of action and assumed command of the team in the final issue. For me, this character arc was not portrayed in a realistic manner.
I thought the artwork was constantly good, but sometimes overdone to the point of being cluttered and confusing.
If they re-launch the series, I'm willing to give it another chance.
dah66 is offline   Reply With Quote