Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Closed Thread

Old March 30th, 2003, 12:22 AM   #1
Sept17th
Clunky Man In Suit

Default Check This Out...You Won't Believe It

https://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/browse.cgi/1/5/531/349

I don't believe it, but if true please go fire off, I have.

Also don't forget Two-Brain's poll, so far less than 50 responses.

Another Film Maker
Old March 30th, 2003, 01:26 AM   #2
Whitestar

Angry Done!

It's true, it's him!

I've checked the old messages. Post 9170 is the same handle and he's been categorized as being legit by Michael Faries himself.

https://bboard.scifi.com/bboard/brows...1/5/3315/91734

Looks like we've lost the battle. But Moores version will tank very badly, I think.

Mark

Old March 30th, 2003, 02:37 AM   #3
SS1

It looks like he is trying to rally some support from the original fans. I find that odd because he already admitted that he doesn't want us so why is he asking us to join the ride?

Old March 30th, 2003, 05:04 AM   #4
TwoBrainedCylon
Imperious Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAFounder
Cylon.org

Default Ron Needs Some Viewers

He needs to show that he can convince someone other than Milton's cult to watch this thing. I'd suggest everyone voice up their disregard for his manner towards the fans and his idea. I know TPTB will be watching this one.
Old March 30th, 2003, 05:56 AM   #5
Whitestar

Default He's under fire!

By now there are 15 responses. And every single one of them is a statement against his plans.

Mark

Old March 30th, 2003, 06:11 AM   #6
BST
Snowball, My Angel Baby

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdmin
Colonial Fleets

Default Can't learn from lessons of the past

Ron,

Apparently you have been able, previously, to work within a framework of an existing storyline and then, add to it in a thoughtful way. I am referncing the following three episodes from ST:TNG --

Where No One Has Gone Before
Production 106
10/26/1987
Stardate 41263.1
Director: Robert Bowman
Written By: Diane Duane & Michael Reaves

Remember Me
Production 179
10/22/1990
Stardate 44161.2
Director: Cliff Bole
Written By: Lee Sheldon

Journey`s End
Production 272
3/28/1994
Stardate 47751.2
Director: Corey Allen
Written By: Ronald D. Moore

You were able to take an existing storyline, begun by others, and add to it, thoughtfully. I enjoyed all 3 episodes and thought that yours 'neatly tied up the loose ends" to the storyline. My question is why you suddenly decided to change course with BSG.

The existing BSG storyline had some rough edges, some plot holes, some cheesy moments, I'll admit that. But, overall, the storyline was good. It just needed a little more development, a little more depth to the 'existing' characters, a little more of the history told, better f/x.

We've debated these issues ad infinitum and where has it gotten us. It has gotten us to the point where one side of the argument (Neo, if you will) is claiming 'victory' and the other side (Retro, if you will) is living in the shadow of having their wishes 'defeated'. Is this what it was all about?? Forgive me for being naive, I thought the issue was to bring back Battlestar Galactica. I seem to have been mistaken.

I am not some dyed in the wool, big hair 70's disco worshipper that still wears bell-bottoms and peace signs. I lived through that era once and have no need to go back.

What I am is a person that is willing to listen to both sides of an argument and understand both points of view before making a comment. By doing this, I can usually find positive points on both sides and the end result, quite often, is a compromise. That allows both sides to feel that they have "won". This issue is no different.

What has happened, here, is that the argument became polarized, there was no compromise. One side has stated that THEIR idea is the ONLY idea and has declared victory. The other side is TOLD that THEIR idea is worthless,will not even be considered and that they are defeated. When the air clears and the dust settles, that may very well be the case.

If that is the case and if your effort is still standing then, I will congratulate you on winning the battle. Unfortunately, you will have LOST the war. You will have single-handedly decimated a large portion of your potential viewing audience. As your original script has been presented, I do not see much in the way of 'positive aspects' that will entice me to allocate the time to view it. Therefore, I will NOT be watching it. Many others will NOT watch your effort simply out of anger. That is the shame of this entire debate.

You could have had so much, if you had presented something upon which both sides could have comprised. Unfortuantely, you chose to high-handedly refer us to the popcorn aisle, in other words, get lost! Well, I will get lost. I will be LOST, to you, as a viewer, as a consumer, and as an advocate of your work.

The loss is YOURS, Ron. It's a shame, it didn't have to be this way.

BST
Old March 30th, 2003, 07:13 AM   #7
kingfish
Strike Leader

COMMAND INSIGNIAAdministrator
Battlestar Pacifica
Battlestar Rycon

Default One Sad Fan

That was my response to his post.

pp303
Old March 30th, 2003, 07:30 AM   #8
SS1

Default Great reply Sandy

You're last 2 paragraphs were my favorites.

Everyone else did well also.

Last edited by Scooter2000; March 30th, 2003 at 07:33 AM..

Old March 30th, 2003, 08:00 AM   #9
newt
Warrior

Default The good thing (if there is a good thing)

The only good thing I can see about the responses to the RDM letter is that if TPTB are watching no amount of flooding by Moore fans would help. RDM may have shot himself in the foot with this. He's reaching out to the old (read: REAL) fans and maybe...just maybe...it's because at the last hour TPTB still feel uncomfortable about fan support.

Well, I always prefer to see the glass half full...unless it's my beer (pass me the pitcher!)
Old March 30th, 2003, 08:10 AM   #10
crash4587
Bad Email Address

Default I'm going to get some new ink

for my printer. I'm saving everyones reply's to Moore. We will use them at a latter date.
Old March 30th, 2003, 08:37 AM   #11
AlternityOrange
Warrior

COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default I'm very impressed

That almost every reply to the thread has been a lengthy, well thought out, impassioned description of what we feel about the situation. There, for the most part, haven't been any juvenile "U Suck Moore!" responses. Maybe the thread will raise a few eyebrows, at least until Milton's people get the memo. The thread makes me proud to be a Warrior, I hope we can keep it that way.

Closed Thread