Go Back   Colonial Fleets > ALTERNATE UNIVERSES > Other Science Fiction Shows
Notices
Other Science Fiction Shows A place to discuss all of the other Sci-Fi shows
which may tickle your fancy!

Old December 7th, 2005, 09:30 AM   #1
skippercollecto
Squadron Leader

Default the triangle

I am really enjoying SciFi's The Triangle. It's kept me quite entertained. I think it is well-acted and well-written.
I like it better than I did The 4400, which I thought was slow, and Taken, which was about 20 hours toooooooo long.
I hadn't originally planned to watch it, until I saw that Bruce Davison was one of the stars. I've liked him for years and I am very glad to see that he's gotten a larger role in this, which he hasn't had for a long time.
Mary
skippercollecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2005, 06:23 PM   #2
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

Mary -

I quite agree - it's been one of the most enjoyable shows I've seen this year. I was impressed by the names behind it...Bryan Singer, Dean Devlin, Rockne O'Bannon. I was also impressed in some of the cast: Eric Stolz, Sam O'Neill and Bruce Davison - I've been a fan of Davison's ever since I saw him in "The Lathe of Heaven" on PBS back in 1979.

Apparently, we aren't alone.... 4.3 million other people like it too, read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SciFiWire
Released by Sci Fi

'THE TRIANGLE' SCORES!

NIGHT ONE OF SCI FI'S ORIGINAL MINISERIES 'THE TRIANGLE' SHATTERS RATINGS RECORDS

NEW YORK, NY--December 6, 2005--The premiere of Night One of SCI FI Channel's Original Miniseries 'The Triangle' averaged a 3.7HH rating and over 4.3 million viewers (P2+) in its 9-11pm block! Night One of 'The Triangle' is the highest-rated program to air on SCI FI since 2003 and is the Channel's highest-rated and most watched miniseries premiere night since the Emmy Award-winning 'Steven Spielberg Presents TAKEN' (12/2/2002, 4.9 HH/6.1 million P2+).

SCI FI's audience of over 4.3 million bests the #2 entertainment program of the day, Nickelodeon's 5pm telecast of Spongebob, by nearly half a million viewers. 'The Triangle' also delivered more total viewers than Fox's 'Arrested Development' (4.1 million P2+) and 'Kitchen Confidential' (3.1 million P2+), as well as all programs on the WB and UPN.

'The Triangle' was the #1 non-sports program on cable Monday--second only to WWE's 'Monday Night Raw' on USA--in HH ratings and P2+ audience delivery. SCI FI's miniseries 'The Triangle' continues tonight @9pm and concludes on Wednesday, December 7.

In the tradition of SCI FI's blockbuster December miniseries events 'Legend of Earthsea,' 'Battlestar Galactica,' 'Steven Spielberg Presents TAKEN' and 'Frank Herbert's Dune,' 'The Triangle' has wowed audiences and brought in record ratings for the Channel.

'The Triangle' marks the first collaboration between Hollywood filmmaking talents Bryan Singer ('X-Men,' 'Superman Returns') and Dean Devlin ('Independence Day'), with a teleplay by Rockne S. O'Bannon from a story by O'Bannon and Singer & Devlin. In the SCI FI Channel miniseries, billionaire Eric Benirall (Sam Neill) is losing his cargo ships and their crews at a frightening pace-and now, he wants answers. Looking to put an end to these disappearances once and for all, Benirall commissions a diverse team of discipline-specific experts, to get to the bottom of this legendary anomaly.

Benirall's handpicked team features lead skeptic and Florida-based tabloid journalist Howard Thomas (Eric Stoltz), deep ocean resource engineer Emily Patterson (Catherine Bell), meteorologist/adventurer Bruce Geller (Michael Rodgers) and psychic Stan Lathem (Bruce Davison). Pulled together with the promise of limitless funding for their research and the chance for once-in-a-lifetime riches, the team sets out to solve this most daunting of puzzles. Deepening the mystery is Meeno Paloma's (Lou Diamond Phillips) first-hand encounter with the deadly forces at work in the Triangle. The lone survivor of a Greenpeace expedition lost at sea, Meeno is having difficulty readjusting to the life he had before that fateful expedition. A research expedition with the promise of riches soon becomes a frantic, head-turning ride through the unstoppable force that is 'The Triangle.'

The above press release was issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.

"If you love long enough, wish hard enough, anything is possible" - From The Boy Who Could Fly
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2005, 06:04 PM   #3
Fragmentary

When it comes to mini-series, I usually wait and rent them so as to watch them when it's best for me. It sounds like I need to add this one to my list.

Has the rest of it been as good as the fist night?
Fragmentary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2005, 09:11 PM   #4
Slovman
Shuttle Pilot

That was one trippy ride. I've been interested in the Triangle since childhood, so I was all for the miniseries. Some suprisingly strong performances and some excellent special effects made the whole thing worthwhile, though I think the end was kind've a let-down.
Slovman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2005, 09:18 PM   #5
Tibbetts
Warrior

This show is cool. Not as good as "Taken", but, it's worth a watch.

I'm gonna have to Tivo this.

-Tibbetts
Old February 19th, 2006, 05:59 AM   #6
Galactifan
Warrior

"The Triangle" will be released on DVD on March 28, 2006 for those who missed it on tv...
https://tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5041
Galactifan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2006, 01:51 PM   #7
Krystal
Bad Email Address

I love The Triangle, was very good and interesting.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote