Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

Default V: Remake News

Source: www.mindpulse.com

Quote:
Okay, so you know that my original plan was to do a sequel that would pick up the story 20 years later. NBC bought it, I wrote it, and after 18 months of going around and around, they thought it would be cool to first do a remake of the original.

Not my favorite idea, and after four more months of discussion and negotiation, I finally closed a deal with NBC yesterday to create a treatment for a remake.

I've fashioned a story which I'll deliver shortly that maintains the integrity and thematic essence of my original themes and characters while updating it to address current lifestyles and issues facing society today.

The World War Two references have been replaced by much more recent incidents from the dark side of humanity. This has allowed me to sustain the underlying power of historic resonance that made the original so compelling and so well-received by critics and audiences alike.

Could that lead to the sequel being done as a follow up? ....Gee, I sure hope so. Stay tuned.

Thanks for caring.

Kenny [Johnson]
peter noble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2005, 08:09 AM   #2
julix
Bad Email Address

I am confused what does this mean????
julix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2005, 01:32 PM   #3
Bijou88

Kenneth Johnson was working on a continuation of his V mini series from 1983. It was to ignore "The Final Battle" and the V TV series. He planned to pick up where the original Mini left off. His idea was that the Visitors had occupied the earth for the past 20 years and Earth had been subjugated by the visitors. The original cast was to come back to reprise their roles. The powers that be at NBC didn't like the script and they wanted younger actors. They probably figured that the only viewers that matter (people in their 20s) wouldn't remember the original show. They wanted V reimagined and updated for today. Instead of using the Holocaust as the template, they want the story to reflect 9-11. The last I read, Johnson is working on the script for this new direction. On principle, I hate remakes. I'll give it a shot, but I would rather see Marc Singer and Jane Badler in action again.
Old January 30th, 2005, 01:48 PM   #4
peter noble
Strike Leader

Colonial Fan ForceCo-Founder
Colonial Fan Force
COMMAND INSIGNIACo-Owner
TombsofKobol.com

On the plus side of this, is that Ken Johnson, the original creator is involved in the same capacity as he was originally in 1983.

Peter
Old January 30th, 2005, 03:10 PM   #5
amberstar
Strike Leader

Another remake......I too would have liked to see Marc Singer again.

Hopefully this will be faithful to the original with creator Ken Johnson working on it.
Thanks for sharing the news Peter
Old January 30th, 2005, 08:51 PM   #6
The 14th Colony
Strike Leader

Ken Johnson is doing the writing again? That's a shock, it sounded like they had hired Ronald Moore to reimagine another great old show.

If reincarnation is real, I want to come back as a bowling ball...because that's how I roll.

My Creativity:
https://www.facebook.com/legoshine
My Writing Page:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/InSpi...47884321946870
The 14th Colony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2005, 12:37 AM   #7
Fragmentary

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 14th Colony
Ken Johnson is doing the writing again? That's a shock, it sounded like they had hired Ronald Moore to reimagine another great old show.
It is cool that Johnson is still the guy writting it. Hopefully the show can be successful and demonstrate to the powers that be that you should always let the originator of the idea take a crack at it first.
Fragmentary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2005, 10:48 AM   #8
Spike The Cylon
Captain

The "V" board I go to has been talking about this a lot. Most of us there wanted to see a sequel. NBC want's the new mini to reflect 9/11 America, instead of the WW2 themes that made the orginal mini so great to watch, IMO.

Fleeing From The Cylon Tyranny, The Last Battlestar, Galactica, Leads a Rag-tag Fugitive Fleet On A Lonely Quest. A Shining Planet, Known As....Earth!
Spike The Cylon is offline   Reply With Quote