Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old January 5th, 2004, 07:55 PM   #1
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Great Letter Suggestions for an effective revival campaign!

1.) First is for everyone who writes to post there letters public as well as sends them out in the mail. Ergo, put up a thread dedicated to our USPS letter campaign, a closed thread, no chit chat, only post reply letters.

2.) Something like a dedicated thread at one of and/or all the 'Battlestar Galactica' forums.

3.) It will serve a good purpose and it's also good for data references.

4.) Most of all it shows proof to both TPBT and the other fans that their is a mailing effort in progress.

5.) It may also encourage more fans/outsiders/lurkers to join in and write as well. The more open letters that are posted publicly the stronger the fanbase looks

6.) Also I am sure that there are many people that have doubts whether people are really taking action or not. Some may speculate that people are just merely posting (on public forums) that they are writing and mailing their letters out when in reality they did absolutely nothing.

7.) If people post their letters public, It would also give he/she the benefit of a doubt that they made the extra effort to move their mouse and clicked "Print" and stuffed it in an envelope to be sent out to the powers to be.

8.) Also this is important. Do NOT print or write "BATTLESTAR GALACTICA" anywhere on the outside envelope that are addressed to:

Mr. Robert C. Wright
Chairman
NBC
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York City NY 10112

Mr. Jeff Zucker
President NBC Entertainment
NBC
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York City NY 10112

Studio executives are sometime rumored to just toss fan mail in the trash without even opening it. If this is true, we are better off knowing that our letters are being opened and partially read before being tossed in the trash.

9.) This is most important: *Each person must state something along the lines of "I and my friends (real life friends not online friends) would lay their hard earn cash to purchase a movie ticket and buy the DVD release as well. This gives the impression that the writer/fan is representing a larger group of friends. (even if it's only 3 or 4 other people).

*That's what they want to hear the most "money". They are looking at us as potential buyers.

*Also for original cast members returning, I would hold off on that campaign until there's an official greenlight from a studio.

*After there's an official greenlight for a continuation production, then we can work on the campaign to get Hatch and Benedict aboard the project.

*It's time for this fandom to start taking baby steps to achieve our goals.

*Most Importantly, keep the letter as short as possible.

[10.) Final thought, this campaign should go on every first week of every month and/or every other month]
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2004, 08:59 PM   #2
amberstar
Strike Leader

HI dvo! I really like #10.
What does everyone else think??????
Old January 6th, 2004, 01:05 PM   #3
dvo47p
Bad Email Address

Default Thank you, amberstar

So amberstar, U R it, as in the only other fan @ CF that has PMed, emailed or posted about letters, I got the idea from the early days from savefarscape.

Quote:
Originally posted by amberstar HI dvo! I really like #10.
What does everyone else think??????
Perchance it is better fun to post, than hit Print, fold, stuff, then lick stamp?
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. Larson,

First off I want to thank you for bringing such great Television series to life such as Magnum PI and especially Battlestar Galactica. These were two shows that I grew up with and enjoyed.

As for Battlestar Galactica despite a handful of cheesy episodes and the campiness, I loved the overall premise and story of mankind's struggle to survive and escape the Cylon pursuit. I also understand based on my research that Battlestar Galactica was originally intended as a series of telemovies and that some of the cheesiness was based on the rush production to an ongoing series and the ABC network executives interfering with your creativity. Never the less I enjoyed the series and thank you once again for bringing Battlestar Galactica to life.

Like many fans of Battlestar Galactica, I too was hoping for many years to see an updated, modernized faithful continuation of the original series. Although Richard Hatch produced an impressive Trailer for Battlestar Galactica: The 2nd Coming, his on going novels were lacking in my opinion and had too much of that TV reunion movie feel to it among other things such as your creative input.

When the news broke out about a new Battlestar Galactica being in production back in 2001, I knew my hopes along with many other fans was answered when it was announced that Bryan Singer and Tom DeSanto were helming it with yourself serving as Executive Consultant.

I was always a fan of Singer and DeSanto's previous work such as The Usual Suspects and Apt Pupil, but it was the first X-Men movie that really impressed me. Bryan Singer and Tom DeSanto took a popular campy comic book story and turned it into a mainstream box office smash and still stayed true to the X-Men lore. These are the exact elements needed for bringing back Battlestar Galactica. I therefore spent the following year with great anticipation and was excited that Battlestar Galactica was finally coming back. I for one knew that you could update the story and add something fresh to the franchise and still stay true to the Battlestar Galactica lore with your creative input as Executive Consultant.

Unfortunately my excitements and hopes were shattered when Sci-Fi announced that Battlestar Galactica was being re-imagined as a mini-series instead. To make matters worse it was announced that you and Mr. DeSanto were off the project and David Eicke and Ron Moore was helming it instead. My hopes even sank lower when the casting sheet/character description and the scripts were leaked on the Internet. I admit that Ron Moore has done some great work for Star Trek but he does not understand Galactica. Ron Moore's biggest mistake was not seeking your creative input or advice while writing the script.

Through all this I was delighted to read about the great news and want to congratulate you for retaining the movie rights for the original Battlestar Galactica.

Anyway I am writing in regards to a mailing campaign that I read about on the Internet in reference to your panel at Galacticon and a possible collaboration with Tom DeSanto and yourself pending on fans interest after the recent Sci-Fi mini-series.

Well I am writing to you to let you know that I have seen the recent mini-series on the Sci-Fi Channel, but what I really crave is the return of the original Battlestar Galactica storyline. Please consider working with Mr. DeSanto and have faith that the original fans as well as new fans will embrace it.

Please revive the original Battlestar Galactica.

Thank you for all your time and effort in the past, present and future.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Mr. DeSanto,

I am writing in regard to a mailing campaign that I read about on the Internet in reference to your panel at Galacticon and a possible collaboration with Glen Larson and yourself.

I too was a fan of Battlestar Galactica despite a handful of cheesy episodes and the campiness, I loved the overall premise and story of mankind's struggle to survive and escape the Cylon pursuit.

Like many fans of Battlestar Galactica, I too was hoping for many years to see an updated, modernized faithful continuation of the original series. Although Richard Hatch produced an impressive Trailer for Battlestar Galactica: The 2nd Coming, his on going novels were lacking in my opinion and had too much of that TV reunion movie feel to it among other things.

When the news broke out about a new Battlestar Galactica being in production back in 2001, I knew my hopes along with many other fans was answered when it was announced that you and Mr. Singer were helming it. I was always a fan of The Usual Suspects but it was the first X-Men movie that really impressed me. You and Bryan Singer took a popular campy comic book story and turned it into a mainstream box office smash and still stayed true to the X-Men lore. These are the exact elements needed for bringing back Battlestar Galactica. I therefore spent the following year with great anticipation and was excited that Battlestar Galactica was finally coming back. I for one knew that you could update the story and add
something fresh to the franchise and still stays true to the Battlestar Galactica lore.

Unfortunately my excitements and hopes were shattered when Sci-Fi announced that Battlestar Galactica was being re-imagined as a mini-series instead. To make matters worse it was announced that you were off the project and David Eicke and Ron Moore was helming it instead. My hopes even sank lower when the casting sheet/character description and the scripts were leaked on the Internet. I admit that Ron Moore has done some great work for Star Trek but he does not understand Galactica.

I was even more on a down when I read about your production plans for the pilot movie for Fox. I really liked your ideas and I thought the ending with Apollo on the Cylon Homeworld was a cool twist. It's very unfortunate that your production never saw the light of day.

After reading about Glen Larson's announcement about retaining the movie rights to the original Battlestar Galactica, I am now writing to inform both you and Mr. Larson that I fully support your collaboration on a new Battlestar Galactica production based upon the original series.

I have seen the recent mini-series on the Sci-Fi Channel, but what I really crave is the return of the original Battlestar Galactica storyline. Please consider working with Mr. Larson and have faith that the original fans as well as new fans will embrace it.

Thank you for all your time and effort in the past, present and future.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it so far amberstar
dvo47p is offline   Reply With Quote