Go Back   Colonial Fleets > BATTLESTAR GALACTICA DISCUSSION AREA > The Last Battlestar......Galactica!
Notices
The Last Battlestar......Galactica! For discussions about the ORIGINAL series
What Dreams May Come!

Old June 18th, 2003, 12:58 PM   #1
jewels
Stablemaster, Livery Ship

FORUM STAFFFleet Modertor
Colonial Fleets

Default Two-Brain's review of the mini script

Sandy has done his first review from the more objective standpoint of (Jewels' explanations): "It's not Galactica, but is it any good as a standalone (new/independent) production?" OR if they changed the name & the character names to be a new scifi show: would it be worth watching?

http://www.cylon.org/bsg2003/remake-review-01.html

Comment here OR on on the thread at cylon.org:
http://www.cylon.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=837

KTF
Jewels

"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." Malcolm Reynolds [/color]

"We don't dictate to countries, we liberate countries." Mitt Romney [/color]
jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2003, 03:05 AM   #2
Senmut
Strike Leader

From what we've seen of the script, it's not worth watching at all. It was made to exploit an honored name for the sake of RDM's self-aggrandizement and ego. No more.
Senmut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2003, 03:15 PM   #3
Gemini1999
Strike Leader

FORUM STAFFFleet Moderator
Colonial Fleets

I'm kind of new to the forum but have been very distressed and disappointed over the changes and the reviews posted so far of Galactica '03. What I've read mostly is through other folks reviewing the script. Is there anyplace that I can read the script myself just so I can get it over with?

Thanks in advance,
Bryan
________
Pov Blowjob
Gemini1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2003, 06:20 PM   #4
Krystal
Bad Email Address

Thumbs down

This is the third review I read and my opinion continues to be the same. I really don't like what they describe in it. So for me is not worth my time.

Krystal
Krystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2003, 01:22 PM   #5
Shatter
Bad Email Address

First, I would have to say that this was an excellent review. It was very thorough, fair, and examined the material from a number of different angles. Second, it confirmed my continued disdain for the "reimagined" mini-series. Much of what is presented in this script bears positively no resemblance to TOS at all. It is not Battlestar Galactica. Even if it were an original, stand-alone production, I'm afraid that the moral ambiguities, the unlikable characters, and the aspects of the production that aim for the lowest common denominator amongst viewers, would have me changing channels within the first hour.
Shatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2003, 09:46 PM   #6
shiningstar
Bad Email Address

I think that two brains' did an excellent job on the review.
As someone who waited frantically by the phone on 9/11
praying beyond hope that my relatives would still be
alive ........I was DEEPLY offended by the BLAME the
VICTIM philosphy SPOUTED in the script.
shiningstar is offline   Reply With Quote